• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
So I'm gonna mini-rant a bit here. Not even rant, but a short sentence or two anyway.

I was looking up stuff to possibly do with a Clawitzer today, and I ended up on Smogon's forums. Now, I don't have anything against Smogon in general; the site offers good advice on tips and movesets and how to maximize your pokey. But I don't think I've ever been to the forums themselves before. ANYWAY, I was at the forum discussion for Clawitzer, and the ENTIRE first page of the topic was basically nothing but people reiterating the same thing: Clawitzer is worthless because Mega Blastoise does the same thing better.

Now, whether or not Clawitzer sucks or whatever, I don't know, but... man. Why can't Pokemon just be Pokemon? I swear, if it was up to Smogon, there'd only be 50 Pokemon in the world. There's nothing wrong with a Pokemon being inferior or needing to be in lower "tier" or whatever, but the whole insulting attitude for anything they don't determine to be "OU" is so obnoxious. Is it really off-putting, or is it just me? I mean... how hard is it to just discuss what a Pokemon can do without being a jerk about it?

Smogon is a competitive pokémon site, so they won't use a pokémon if a better one exists. Yeah, it sucks, but it's logical. I only use the pokémons I like, even at competitive play, so if I like a poke I'll use it, even if there's a better pokémon to do it's job. If something isn't really working though, I won't use it anymore. Also, there's some good pokémon at lower tiers that are fun to use.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
I guess I'm going to be the one to say this do we have any new topic to talk about i think the club is starting to go dry like a wet rag in the oven

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector
Hi, I've been lurking for ages and would really like to join this club, so I signed up! I'm super into casual battling. My friend code is 1736-1189-5287 and I'd be super pleased to give anyone a battle if they want! Are there rules regarding how I join or is it cool how I'm doing it now?

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I guess I'm going to be the one to say this do we have any new topic to talk about i think the club is starting to go dry like a wet rag in the oven
Well, I saw a youtuber (shofu) doing a "wonder battle", which is a normal battle, but the pokémon you use are the first six pokémon you get through wonder trade. It was very fun to watch and I think we could try it (we are the casual battlers club after all). If any of you guys are interested, I can explain how it works or post the video (he explain the rules while battling).

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Hi, I've been lurking for ages and would really like to join this club, so I signed up! I'm super into casual battling. My friend code is 1736-1189-5287 and I'd be super pleased to give anyone a battle if they want! Are there rules regarding how I join or is it cool how I'm doing it now?

I'll be happy to add you. You bring up an interesting point...

Sorry. I was kind of hoping others would start discussing things while I wasn't coming up with topics. I'm not a big stickler for "OMG STAY ON TOPIC!". I want everyone to talk about whatever comes to mind regarding Pokemon and playing through.

I started a Nuzlocke on X a few weeks back, but I've been playing it... sporadically. I should be a bit more involved, but I've been busy lately. So far, I've JUST left Lumiose City and have a Braixen and a Wartortle. No deaths yet! But not much in the way of accomplishments, either. ;)

Mr. Y and Javert have the right idea. We should probably do some playing against each other. Maybe we could organize a play around night or a tournament (assuming we all have a good Gen 5 game since not everyone has X/Y yet).

So I guess that makes the next topic...

Would you be interested in starting a casual play tournament or free play night; preferably on Gen 5 so everyone (I think) can be involved? If so, would you like something themed or anything-goes?

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

Starting new topics is a must if we want to keep this club running. I'm not in a topic-creating mood though.

Would you be interested in starting a casual play tournament or free play night; preferably on Gen 5 so everyone (I think) can be involved? If so, would you like something themed or anything-goes?

Hmm... organizing a tournament eh? I would love to, but doing that at gen 5 would mean restarting B/B2 all over again for me. And for me, doing that is quite out of the option since I'll be facing exams soon. .3."

If there'll be one at gen 6, I would like to join... unless if someone would like to give me some motivation to at least finish B/B2 during the New Year's Holiday. P:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I'd certainly PREFER Gen 6, but a few people have said they don't have it yet. What's everyone else think? Gen 5 or Gen 6?

Viveshade

What's Next?
Hello, I'd love to join. :) I never battle competitively, since I don't have the patience to breed, EV train, and what not.

I'd love to participate! I haven't played White in forever, but I still have the same team. I never started over in that game.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
I like the idea of a causal play tournament for 5th gen btw Sid i was just checking to see if we make make up new topic thanks

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I'm all for a casual tournament, but I think I'll admit my preferance for Gen 6.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
We could try both... maybe have the 5th gen players have a tourney in Gen 5 and then a 6th gen tourney for those that want to do that.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I'd prefer gen 6. All of my Black 2 pokemons are going to my Y cartridge ASAP. I think I won't be available to battle after xmas till the first week of january though.

Viveshade

What's Next?
Gen VI would be better for me as well, but I really wouldn't mind either way.

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector

Yes, absolutely. I'd love something themed, myself. That way everybody is on the same page, and isn't using their go-to strikeforces
Maybe some wondertrade battles or since we're in the Holiday season, Ice-type battles?

Maybe with some shinies or valuable Pokés as prizes-- maybd Articuno or Regice, so Ice type legendaries?

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Maybe not only ice tipes, but pokémons that have something to do with xmas, like Stantler. Also, if someone wants to battle me (themed battle of not) just send me a pm.

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector
Additionally, would anyone like me to make some signature banners to represent being a member of the club or anything or is there a rule about it on here? If ypu guys want, I could totally do that!

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I think that a signature banner could be awesome. It can also bring some new people here.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Why don't we do both a Gen 5 and a Gen 6 one at the same time? That would make everyone happy, I think. It would be more work, but I think it would pay off better.

For now, I'd probably only do the Gen 5 one, since I haven't completed X yet. And I have lots of Pokemon in Black 2 that I'm excited to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.