• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector
I just had an awesome 2 battles with Mr. Y, and just to say that if anything it proved that the right moveset is key. I won the first and he won the second. I've also got a newfound respect for Mega Blastoise.
If all casual battles on here are this compelling and tense, a tournament would be amazing.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I just had an awesome 2 battles with Mr. Y, and just to say that if anything it proved that the right moveset is key. I won the first and he won the second. I've also got a newfound respect for Mega Blastoise.
If all casual battles on here are this compelling and tense, a tournament would be amazing.

It was a really good battle and the best one I had while playing X/Y, I can say it was more fun and tense than all my battles at the battle spot. This battle with Inspector Javert prooved that it's not because you IV breed or EV your pokémons that you are a good battler. The moveset was really the key for my win on the second battle(and you didn't use the Talonflame, that would be a problem) and probably the reason why I lost the first. Mega Blastoise also gained my respect, I would not win the second battle without him and the first battle would be totally one sided.
If you guys wanna do a XY tournament I'm all in, it would be awesome.
If anyone wants to battle just send me a pm. It can be a themed, competitive or just a normal casual battle.
Oh, and it was also refreshing not having to deal with an Aegislash or a Mega Kangaskhan.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
All right, everyone's chattin' up a storm. Awesome.

As far as banners go, that'd be great! I have no design skill whatsoever, or I'd have done something by now. :) But I'd be appreciative if you made us something nice, Javert.

I was thinking maybe we could do a tournament where we all do mono-type, but not the SAME monotype. Just that our teams have to be monotype. We don't have to announce what our type is in advance, though.

Let me get this straight and see who all we have.

Illusione-Tempus (pref. Gen 6)
Viveshade (pref. Gen 6)
Wego (pref. Gen 5)
swampertlover (pref Gen 6)
Mr. Y (pref Gen 6)
Javert (no pref?)
Kiruria (pref Gen 5)

So that's at least four for Gen 6 and two for Gen 5. If Javert and I did Gen 5, we could have four for each.

I'd admittedly PREFER 6, but I can do either. :) Whichever works out better for everyone else.

So besides a Mono-type or a Wonder Trade theme, what other options could there be?

Also:

In what time zone do you live, and what times are best for you to get together and trade/battle?

I'm Eastern U.S. I am free most evenings after 5:00pm and on the weekends (depending on my goings-on).

Viveshade

What's Next?
In what time zone do you live, and what times are best for you to get together and trade/battle?

I live in EST as well. I'm currently on winter break from college, so I'm free whenever until around the sixth of January. Then, I should be free after 5 PM (Mon-Thurs) and anytime Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Illusione-Tempus

About themes, I have no clue. If you're going with monotype, then I already put together a monotype team since I don't know when... actually, 5/6 completed. P:

In GMT+7. Probably hard for Americans since our timezones are 12 hours apart in average, but I'll be available from morning 'til 8.30 GMT+7. And since it's already on the new year's holidays, I'll be available. :3

Wego

WeCounting Stars
GMT -6 Central time US and Canada i will able to battle in the moring 9:00 and anytime after btw i live in St Louis Missouri

Last edited:

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector

I'd prefer Gen VI simply because I can't get Wireless connections going on any of my Gen V games anymore. And I am all for the monotype thing, it sounds excellent!

I'll put us together some banners tonight!

I live in Dublin Ireland and am in GMT. I'll be free a lot over the next two weeks so freeing up time will not be a problem.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Yeah, I'd like to do Gen 6, if possible, too. But I feel bad leaving out our Gen 5 members. Hm.

Would anyone mind if I posted your friend codes next to your names under Members in the original post? I don't want to just do it without getting permission first.

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I live in Brazil, so my time zone is GMT -2(daylight saving time). Sid, you can post my FC in the first page. Why can't we participate in both tournaments? It's a casual battle so I can capture some pokémon on my Black 2 and not transfer them to X/Y and enter both tournaments, that way everybody can play.

Viveshade

What's Next?
Would anyone mind if I posted your friend codes next to your names under Members in the original post? I don't want to just do it without getting permission first.

No, I don't mind.

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
Hi there...First of all, I'd like to join your club :3
Second of all I have a couple challenges for anyone who wants to battle me :3
1. Your casual team VS. only my surskit (must be open level)
2. mono type bug team battles
3. any normal casual battles

Ok, now I shall take part in the grand discussion
1. Who is your single favorite Pokemon, and why?
Eelektross, I just love Eels/ Lamperies Yanmega is a close second.
1a (branch off topic) What Pokedex entries do you find the most creepy/weird/funny/shocking?
Parasects makes me want to cry my eyes out.
2. Which region is your favorite, and why?
Orre, I love deserts. :D
3. If you made a team of your 6 favorite pokemon, what would they be?
Eelektross, Furret, Butterfree, Vileplume/Victreebel, Mantine, Yanmega (planning to make this actual team in X once bank comes out :3 )
4. Would you be interested in starting a casual play tournament or free play night; preferably on Gen 5 so everyone (I think) can be involved? If so, would you like something themed or anything-goes?
yeah, but I don't have a gen 5 game at the moment, hoping to buy one soon, but until then T_T I has gen 4 and 6
5. In what time zone do you live, and what times are best for you to get together and trade/battle?
PST, around erm... 7- 8 o clock

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I got your codes added, Mr Y and Vive. I also added both of you! I erased my signature on here because it was a bit outdated. I put my 3DS code in the original topic. Hope you guys can add me back! I'll add others as you give me permission (or no permission) to add your code to the front page. Hopefully you can add me back.

My FC is almost full (I actually just deleted some people to give myself even a little space!), but I have a second 3DS if it comes to that. I can add people to the second if I get full up again.

Saturnidae, I will get you added in a second here. Good to have you! It seems our tourney will be fine for 6th gen, so no worries there. :) ALSO! Big ups to another Butterfree fan!

Illusione-Tempus

So we'll settle for gen 6? Well, time to fill up my box of battlers. Doing a rotation team at my original playthrough, and adding more as I create my living dex.

Would anyone mind if I posted your friend codes next to your names under Members in the original post?

Sure, no problem. Feels good to grab a few more friend safari, as I only have a few (and they're mostly fire-types) :3

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I already added you Sid! I will probably disapear during xmas and stay out 'till the new year, so I can only battle you guys 'till the 23th.

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector
Battling without caring about stuffs like those? I am in!

Love that team. Love it. I'm a huge fan of Dragalge and huge respect for bringing Plusle along.
If anyone wants to battle today, I've no problem with anyone seeing my FC and registering me.
My responses are always a tad short cause I'm often on mobile but I'm itching to answer the discussion questions.

And I'm going to try making some banners tonight, so I'd like some of your opinions here.
Are there any Pokémon in particular you guys would like on the banners? Is there any one or maybe are there any two Pokémon you guys would like to see fly the flag for this club? Or, would you prefer I didn't include a Pokémon on the banner, and made custom banners for tournament victors with their teams on them?

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Love that team. Love it. I'm a huge fan of Dragalge and huge respect for bringing Plusle along.
If anyone wants to battle today, I've no problem with anyone seeing my FC and registering me.
My responses are always a tad short cause I'm often on mobile but I'm itching to answer the discussion questions.

And I'm going to try making some banners tonight, so I'd like some of your opinions here.
Are there any Pokémon in particular you guys would like on the banners? Is there any one or maybe are there any two Pokémon you guys would like to see fly the flag for this club? Or, would you prefer I didn't include a Pokémon on the banner, and made custom banners for tournament victors with their teams on them?

I am not any good at design, but how about going through some of the first replies and including some of our listed favorite pokemon? :)

Also, I'll be happy to add your FC, but I don't have it. ;) What is it? I'll add you once I have it, and perhaps we can battle when I see you.

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector
Hey, I just put together a banner that you guys can see in Sid's signature in the first post!
I tried to use some of the comments about favourite Pokémon and then tried to include a few in the banner!

And now I'm at a computer, I can answer these questions!

1. Who is your single favorite Pokemon, and why?

I would say it varies with Gens, but overall, I don't have more love for Staraptor. He's perfect. I remember dropping my starter in place of a Staraptor very long ago. Sadly, that guy was lost, but I've had plenty of them in other runs, and he's just the perfect bird. Close Combat and Brave Bird would never fail me, add Fly, and Endeavor, you've got a perfect attacker on your hands.

1a (branch off topic) What Pokedex entries do you find the most creepy/weird/funny/shocking?

Drifloon always scared the crap out of me. A cute looking balloon that is in fact FORMED BY THE SPIRITS OF PEOPLE AND THAT JUST BY HOLDING IT YOU FREAKING DISAPPEAR?? No. No thank you. And I don't even think the XY Dex entries are the worst. Pearl says that it "tugs on the hands of children to steal them away"... YE GODS. It's too much. I don't think Drifloon are recognized enough as the creepiest freaking thing in Sinnoh.

Why aren't there warning signs for children in Sinnoh that if you touch this thing you could FREAKING DISAPPEAR?

Times like Drifloon makes me hope that you really are just exaggerating all your Dex entries because of your age, because for a kid's game, that is dark.

2. Which region is your favorite, and why?

Gen IV, Sinnoh, was the Gen I jumped on board. And I've never looked back. Pokémon built my childhood. I just happen to be a tad younger than most. Sinnoh was my childhood, and nothing's ever going to recapture trekking through Sinnoh-- burning my way to Snowpoint with my trusty Infernape, climbing Mount Coronet and being horrified by Team Galactic, knowing the city themes so well that I found myself singing them at other times... wanting to complete the Pokédex but having no idea where to start...

I was 11 and it was utter magic. I'm never going to stop loving Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

3. If you made a team of your 6 favorite pokemon, what would they be?

Staraptor, Infernape, Braviary, Zekrom, Pangoro and Haxorus.
I really love Flying-type Pokémon, and I love Dragons too.

Staraptor because Staraptor's my main man, my hero, my best guy. He's fast and packs an amazing punch, and you just can't go wrong with the guy.

Infernape because who forgets their first starter? Not this guy. My Infernape was fantastic. I was lucky enough to get an Adamant natured one, and we ploughed through the game playthrough after playthrough. I've had so many of them, and none of my Infernapes have ever failed me.

Braviary because he was the first Gen V Pokémon that I fell in love with, and Flying-types are my total favourite. He's not as good as Staraptor, but I'm going to use Pokémon that I think look awesome and that would serve me well, and I think Braviary is up to scratch. You never forget the Pokémon that gets you excited for a Generation, and for me, Braviary did just that.

Zekrom because he's my favourite legendary Pokémon. I liked his design from the start, but when I threw one on my team to help level up my weaker guys, I just kept him. And he worked so well, and he was a badass black dragon who had a generator tail and menacing red eyes, plus he's able to learn Earthquake, despite being an Electric type. Don't have anything negative to say about that beast of a dragon.

Pangoro was the star of my XY run. Emile's my main dude there, pounding and punching and just being a total powerhouse, winning battle upon battle for me. It's no surprise that he's level 84, and the rest of my team is mid 70s to late 70s. Emile's the perfect guy to have on the team-- he just has to watch out for those pesky fairies!

And finally, Haxorus. I really love Gen V, and another Pokémon I love is the Gen's psuedo-psuedo. He's a big green dragon with tusks but a gentle heart. What's not to love? I've used two, and they've both been outstanding team players. I think that if I was going to have a team of six, excluding Haxorus would be awful, considering how much of a staple he's been in my line-up for the past two gens!

However, maybe the tournaments coming will change that! Who knows?

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I'm still waiting until I get more Friend Codes to get anything set up. I guess now that we have people wanting in and having given their timezone info, I should ask: When would be good for everyone? Should we wait until after the New Year (a lot of people probably have a lot of running around to do for the next two weeks)? Do you want to TRY to get it going beforehand? It's probably better to do the organizing now and then start the battles after the new year, but I'm all-for whatever everyone else wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.