• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Oh, what did I miss?

Okay, for the friend code thing, I have no problem about it being posted. (That was the question at hand, right?)

As for time zones, well, right now it is 10:00 PM, EST time, I guess. I don't know; I'm in Pennsylvania.

Was that it?

Edit: I love the banners, may I have one?

Illusione-Tempus

Tempus reporting in:

So I took a peek at my battle Pokemon (aka. a box of my favorites) and discovered that I lack of physical attackers, as well as fast ones... Which made me realize why I'm kinda bad at singles. I can't move fast enough to attack, and if a special wall appears I won't be able to defeat it quickly. :/

I decided to use something that could fit from my list of favorites. Scolipede is something that's fast and can hit pretty well, so I went with that.

But then I thought, why don't I try out breeding for the perfect Pokemon at least once? I mean, it'll leave me a precious memory about my Scolipede, as it'll be the first Pokemon I've ever try to perfect. :3

So I went to the Friend Safari, finding a Whirlipede with Speed Boost. I got one with max in HP and Atk. Bred it with a Jolly Ditto left me with a single female Venipede whose ability is Speed Boost, but only one perfect IV in HP. I thought that maybe I don't have to make it so perfect and at least grab perfect stats in Atk and Spd. Went to another Safari with Kakuna to get Toxic Spikes on the future Venipedes. Obviously, I needed a Male, so I placed a low-leveled female Pokemon with Cute Charm to find a male with max Atk and Spd.

Turns out one of them had perfect in Atk, Def, SpD and Spd. I was amazed about how lucky I was that time. I mean, looking for Atk and Spd and wound up with the correct leftover IVs? Amazing xD

Evolved it, used a heart scale to give it Toxic Spikes, and then breed my new couple. After a few eggs I got a couple of Venipedes whose IVs are just right for a new breeding couple, so I took out the original two parents out and put them in. Not even half a box later, I got my perfect Venipede, named her Ms Squiggles like my old Scolipede from Black. :3

EV training it was quite easy though. Just fed it 10 Vitamins in Atk and Spd, went to the hordes with Pokerus and Macho Brace held. It only took me a day to obtain a ready-to-fight Scolipede, probably not the moves yet. :3

I bet that the normal competitive peeps took longer to find their perfect Pokemon than what I experienced though. I did end up releasing the non-HA Venipedes as they'll only be seen as trash, and WT my HA Venipedes for others to enjoy. I mean, how often you do get a Venipede with its HA through the WT? Not that often right? xD

While competitive battlers chose to use perfect ones since every stat matters, and casual ones chose to use the ones they have raised with loving care, it doesn't change the fact that both have that certain thrill. Just because we're casual battlers doesn't mean we can't be competitive as well, right? :3

Can't wait to try out battling with Ms Squiggles :545:

Torosiken

This is a title.
Love that team. Love it. I'm a huge fan of Dragalge and huge respect for bringing Plusle along.
If anyone wants to battle today, I've no problem with anyone seeing my FC and registering me.
My responses are always a tad short cause I'm often on mobile but I'm itching to answer the discussion questions.

And I'm going to try making some banners tonight, so I'd like some of your opinions here.
Are there any Pokémon in particular you guys would like on the banners? Is there any one or maybe are there any two Pokémon you guys would like to see fly the flag for this club? Or, would you prefer I didn't include a Pokémon on the banner, and made custom banners for tournament victors with their teams on them?

Thank you ^^ There are reasons for me for choosing Y XD (and back there I chose Black for the Gothitelle)
And Plusle is one of my favorite electric rondents :3 (The others being Emolga and Pichu. I always liked every electric rondents but those three being the top three :3)
I just love playing with what I love :3 Lucario was with me when I played Diamond and B2 and since I found a Riolu early in my Y, why not? :D (And then Korrina forced me to accept her Lucario lol XD)

Mm,... have no idea for the banner. Shall we make some vote for it?

Since I am totally bored and in the mood I will answer all those topics then

1. Who is your single favorite Pokemon, and why?
Ow, that's kind of a hard question for me .3. I love Torchic because it's my first Pokemon ever. And then I love Pichu for being my first ever hatched by myself Pokemon. Taillow helped me at times that made me love it too. Playing other games, I always love the early birds I found in each region. I used Butterfree in my FR before, so I also liked it. I use electric rondents in each region, but so far I haven't used Dedenne because I found Plusle before that XD
To choose one favorite from every Pokemon existed is totally hard ._.
But I guess I can say Torchic for now and since my username was based from Torchic + Blaziken as well.
It made me happy that a special Torchic was the first event giveaway for XY :p though I am not using it in my team XD

1a (branch off topic) What Pokedex entries do you find the most creepy/weird/funny/shocking?
Mm.... A lot are interesting. I have no idea XD

2. Which region is your favorite, and why?
Hoenn! Because it's my home! *shot*
But meh, I will just wait silently for the remake/sequel because I am sure it'll be the best comeback ever existed XD
Unova and Kalos are the next ones in my list. And Johto being the next.

3. If you made a team of your 6 favorite pokemon, what would they be?
ashjagakgajgkajgakgjakgasgslgkagjaisg
That's a totally hard question! I guess it's all depends on the region and everything. Because normally I will just stick to what I feel I want to use and then they become my next favorite and stuffs.
Or maybe I'll just use the first ones I met in my favorite list but then again it's all depends on my mood.
It was a real struggle to choose a team in B2 and XY for me because my favorite Pokemons appeared here and there. In the end I ended up using some favorites and some I never used before.
I am going to try a shot at Mantine for my X.

4. Would you be interested in starting a casual play tournament or free play night; preferably on Gen 5 so everyone (I think) can be involved? If so, would you like something themed or anything-goes?
I would like to! And something themed and stuffs is fun too for certain events!
However I don't think I will have the time for it or anything so Idk.
I prefer gen 6 anyway. I haven't buy a new R4 .3. but my save files for the prev gens are safe in my computer. I can play them with emulator, but I can't bring them online if I don't get a new R4 .3. (it's broken)

5. In what time zone do you live, and what times are best for you to get together and trade/battle?
GMT+7, same with Illusione-Tempus.

6.Would anyone mind if I posted your friend codes next to your names under Members in the original post (so, here)?
Sure. :) 3840-5679-4563 It's a normal friend safari with Mincinno, Lillipup, and Smeargle ^^

edit : I edited some stuffs XD

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Oh, what did I miss?

Okay, for the friend code thing, I have no problem about it being posted. (That was the question at hand, right?)

As for time zones, well, right now it is 10:00 PM, EST time, I guess. I don't know; I'm in Pennsylvania.

Was that it?

Edit: I love the banners, may I have one?

You'd have to ask Javert about the banners; their his intellectual property. :)

Anyway, I'm in PA, also, so it's easy enough for me to figure out. We're EST (U.S.), which is GMT -5 (which mean we are five hours behind GMT (Greenwich Mean Time?), which is something like the world standard. So if it is noon here, it is 5:00pm GMT.

Tempus reporting in:

So I took a peek at my battle Pokemon (aka. a box of my favorites) and discovered that I lack of physical attackers, as well as fast ones... Which made me realize why I'm kinda bad at singles. I can't move fast enough to attack, and if a special wall appears I won't be able to defeat it quickly. :/

I decided to use something that could fit from my list of favorites. Scolipede is something that's fast and can hit pretty well, so I went with that.

But then I thought, why don't I try out breeding for the perfect Pokemon at least once? I mean, it'll leave me a precious memory about my Scolipede, as it'll be the first Pokemon I've ever try to perfect. :3

So I went to the Friend Safari, finding a Whirlipede with Speed Boost. I got one with max in HP and Atk. Bred it with a Jolly Ditto left me with a single female Venipede whose ability is Speed Boost, but only one perfect IV in HP. I thought that maybe I don't have to make it so perfect and at least grab perfect stats in Atk and Spd. Went to another Safari with Kakuna to get Toxic Spikes on the future Venipedes. Obviously, I needed a Male, so I placed a low-leveled female Pokemon with Cute Charm to find a male with max Atk and Spd.

Turns out one of them had perfect in Atk, Def, SpD and Spd. I was amazed about how lucky I was that time. I mean, looking for Atk and Spd and wound up with the correct leftover IVs? Amazing xD

Evolved it, used a heart scale to give it Toxic Spikes, and then breed my new couple. After a few eggs I got a couple of Venipedes whose IVs are just right for a new breeding couple, so I took out the original two parents out and put them in. Not even half a box later, I got my perfect Venipede, named her Ms Squiggles like my old Scolipede from Black. :3

EV training it was quite easy though. Just fed it 10 Vitamins in Atk and Spd, went to the hordes with Pokerus and Macho Brace held. It only took me a day to obtain a ready-to-fight Scolipede, probably not the moves yet. :3

I bet that the normal competitive peeps took longer to find their perfect Pokemon than what I experienced though. I did end up releasing the non-HA Venipedes as they'll only be seen as trash, and WT my HA Venipedes for others to enjoy. I mean, how often you do get a Venipede with its HA through the WT? Not that often right? xD

While competitive battlers chose to use perfect ones since every stat matters, and casual ones chose to use the ones they have raised with loving care, it doesn't change the fact that both have that certain thrill. Just because we're casual battlers doesn't mean we can't be competitive as well, right? :3

Can't wait to try out battling with Ms Squiggles :545:

You know... I actually kind of hate Singles. I'll go ahead and throw that out there. It seems weird because the Pokemon games are almost exclusively single battles, but when I play AGAINST people, it's almost always Triples.

I've actually gotten a FEW Venipedes with Speed Boost through WT< but not many, no. Maybe 2 or 3 total. Nothing like the 800 or so Charmanders, Ralts, and Froakies I've gotten. :)

The rest of that was all "vvvbbbbbfffftt" in my head. Breeding, man. That's way too much work for me.
Thank you ^^ There are reasons for me for choosing Y XD (and back there I chose Black for the Gothitelle)
And Plusle is one of my favorite electric rondents :3 (The others being Emolga and Pichu. I always liked every electric rondents but those three being the top three :3)
I just love playing with what I love :3 Lucario was with me when I played Diamond and B2 and since I found a Riolu early in my Y, why not? :D (And then Korrina forced me to accept her Lucario lol XD)

Mm,... have no idea for the banner. Shall we make some vote for it?

Since I am totally bored and in the mood I will answer all those topics then

1. Who is your single favorite Pokemon, and why?
Ow, that's kind of a hard question for me .3. I love Torchic because it's my first Pokemon ever. And then I love Pichu for being my first ever hatched by myself Pokemon. Taillow helped me at times that made me love it too. Playing other games, I always love the early birds I found in each region. I used Butterfree in my FR before, so I also liked it. I use electric rondents in each region, but so far I haven't used Dedenne because I found Plusle before that XD
To choose one favorite from every Pokemon existed is totally hard ._.
But I guess I can say Torchic for now and since my username was based from Torchic + Blaziken as well.
It made me happy that a special Torchic was the first event giveaway for XY :p though I am not using it in my team XD

1a (branch off topic) What Pokedex entries do you find the most creepy/weird/funny/shocking?
Mm.... A lot are interesting. I have no idea XD

2. Which region is your favorite, and why?
Hoenn! Because it's my home! *shot*
But meh, I will just wait silently for the remake/sequel because I am sure it'll be the best comeback ever existed XD
Unova and Kalos are the next ones in my list. And Johto being the next.

3. If you made a team of your 6 favorite pokemon, what would they be?
ashjagakgajgkajgakgjakgasgslgkagjaisg
That's a totally hard question! I guess it's all depends on the region and everything. Because normally I will just stick to what I feel I want to use and then they become my next favorite and stuffs.
Or maybe I'll just use the first ones I met in my favorite list but then again it's all depends on my mood.
It was a real struggle to choose a team in B2 and XY for me because my favorite Pokemons appeared here and there. In the end I ended up using some favorites and some I never used before.
I am going to try a shot at Mantine for my X.

4. Would you be interested in starting a casual play tournament or free play night; preferably on Gen 5 so everyone (I think) can be involved? If so, would you like something themed or anything-goes?
I would like to! And something themed and stuffs is fun too for certain events!
However I don't think I will have the time for it or anything so Idk.
I prefer gen 6 anyway. I haven't buy a new R4 .3. but my save files for the prev gens are safe in my computer. I can play them with emulator, but I can't bring them online if I don't get a new R4 .3. (it's broken)

5. In what time zone do you live, and what times are best for you to get together and trade/battle?
GMT+7, same with Illusione-Tempus.

6.Would anyone mind if I posted your friend codes next to your names under Members in the original post (so, here)?
Sure. :) 3840-5679-4563 It's a normal friend safari with Mincinno, Lillipup, and Smeargle ^^

edit : I edited some stuffs XD

I got your FC added. GMT + 7... is that India? Or am I mis-remembering.

You know, aside from Pikachu's line, I don't think I've ever given the electric rodents much love. I don't think I've EVER used Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Dedenne, or Emolga on a team. Not for any real reason of avoiding them... I guess I just like things that evolve because the animation and music is so much fun.

Illusione-Tempus

You know... I actually kind of hate Singles. I'll go ahead and throw that out there. It seems weird because the Pokemon games are almost exclusively single battles, but when I play AGAINST people, it's almost always Triples.

I've actually gotten a FEW Venipedes with Speed Boost through WT< but not many, no. Maybe 2 or 3 total. Nothing like the 800 or so Charmanders, Ralts, and Froakies I've gotten. :)

The rest of that was all "vvvbbbbbfffftt" in my head. Breeding, man. That's way too much work for me.

Funny, I always ended up getting single battles. The ones with multiple Pokemon sent out at once are kinda my forte, but I always ended up with Singles. Which is why whenever someone challenges me to a triple battle I always accept... And won eventually. :/

Which is why I said it's not that often we get HA Venipedes through the WT. Oh, and you forgot Eevee, Honedge and Litwick. xD

If you want a tl;dr version of my post, it's that I got lucky in finding my Pokemon, and I think that competitive players who does that on a regular basis must've worked so many hours just to get that one Pokemon.

Oh, and GMT+7 is Indochina Time.

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector
Swampertlover, go aheas, the banners are for everyone in the club!

And I'd be all for organizing now and waiting until last week of December to do it or perhaps early January.

Also, can I ask if we're going to have a themed tourney? I've thoight up a strategy or two but they'll only work without a theme. I have no preference though!

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
All right, thanks, Javert. They look great.

I'm on winter break now, so I'm free for organizing the tourney until the second week of January when classes start up again.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
@Illusione-Tempus breeding a perfect pokémon is way easier and faster than previous gens. I can breed one perfect poké in less than one hour depending on the parents.

@Inspector Javert great banner man, it's a know fact that Sceptile is the best Hoenn starters though :3.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
First off... has anyone added me that I haven't added back yet? Let me know so I can get on that.

Funny, I always ended up getting single battles. The ones with multiple Pokemon sent out at once are kinda my forte, but I always ended up with Singles. Which is why whenever someone challenges me to a triple battle I always accept... And won eventually. :/

Which is why I said it's not that often we get HA Venipedes through the WT. Oh, and you forgot Eevee, Honedge and Litwick. xD

If you want a tl;dr version of my post, it's that I got lucky in finding my Pokemon, and I think that competitive players who does that on a regular basis must've worked so many hours just to get that one Pokemon.

Oh, and GMT+7 is Indochina Time.

Ohhh yes. SO MANY HONEDGES. You got that one. And definitely Eevees, too. I've probably gotten no more Litwicks than Venipedes, though.

Swampertlover, go aheas, the banners are for everyone in the club!

And I'd be all for organizing now and waiting until last week of December to do it or perhaps early January.

Also, can I ask if we're going to have a themed tourney? I've thoight up a strategy or two but they'll only work without a theme. I have no preference though!

It might be too ambitious to do a theme right off the bat. Maybe we'll just do a basic tourney and leave the themed stuff for later or for members to work out between themselves. For now, it might be too soon to expect every member to have a certain theme ready to go.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
I'd like to join :)
I'm Arch,and building teams filled with OU pokes for the sake of winning isn't my cup of tea at all.
I'd much rather make a team with my personal favourites,regardless of battling ability.
I'm a triples enthusiast,because of the stronger element of strategy that isn't present in singles,which I still enjoy regardless.

It might be too ambitious to do a theme right off the bat. Maybe we'll just do a basic tourney and leave the themed stuff for later or for members to work out between themselves. For now, it might be too soon to expect every member to have a certain theme ready to go.

Indeed - we know from experience that this doesn't work ^ ^;
I'd enjoy a good tourney - it doesn't have to revolve around a theme to be so.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Um, could I join this Club?

Erm, yeah, I do Battle Competetively, but not yet in X and Y, and I just think it annoying that my Ingame favorites can never be used with much success :/

Regardless, to kinda bump my own posting, my favorite Pokémon should be obvious, no?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
May I join as well? I haven't battled anyone (competitively or otherwise) in forever and I'd like to get a chance to show my (probably subpar) skills. XD

Would love to join the tournament too, if you have room. I'm good for either Gen 5 or 6. I'm pretty sure I've already added Sid for Friend Safari purposes too, so that helps. : D

Mr.Y

O)_(O
So guys, which battle style do you prefer? My favorite style is singles, 3x3(like battle subway/maison/frontier, not like battle spot) or 6x6. What I like about it is that there's a lot of strategy(you can still lose because of luck though) and sometimes a mistake can make you lose the match, but only if you oponent is smart and manage to benefit from your mistake. It's a real mind game with many high risk/reward situations. I also like doubles Ttar + Excadrill = death. I find triples interesting but I just can't make good teams for triple battles.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
So guys, which battle style do you prefer? My favorite style is singles, 3x3(like battle subway/maison/frontier, not like battle spot) or 6x6. What I like about it is that there's a lot of strategy(you can still lose because of luck though) and sometimes a mistake can make you lose the match, but only if you oponent is smart and manage to benefit from your mistake. It's a real mind game with many high risk/reward situations. I also like doubles Ttar + Excadrill = death. I find triples interesting but I just can't make good teams for triple battles.

Personally, I find double battles to be my cup of tea, as opposed to singles. I think there is a broader scope for strategies, as well as this format being a little more enjoyable for me. The same for triples, though I've yet to formulate a team for that. This isn't to knock singles, but I guess since I have been in so many, I like to kick things up to a different gear.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
O my god there are a lot of people wanting join when i was gone and i am in love with that banner not just because its cool but it has Murkrow on it

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Wow, yeah. We have gotten a lot of attention today, and I'm thrilled to see that. I'll get everyone added to the original post in a moment. Again, if anyone wants to have their FC posted next to their name in that topic, let me know! And don't be shy about contributing to any of the current discussion from that post!

I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again: I'm a huge Triples fan. Singles is just a little too bland and luck-based for me. And Doubles... it's weird. You wouldn't THINK that Doubles is that different from Triples, but it really is. Whenever I play Doubles, I feel lost. I'm actually probably better at Singles than Triples.

I like Triples because it seems like there is a LOT of options. There are a lot of different strategies that can work, and everything is less straight-forward.

Since we are at at influx of new members, I'm going to delay the talk of a tourney indefinitely. For at least until after the new year, anyway. Let's not get something going too soon and leave people out, ya know? But I'm all about people adding each other and doing some battling and trading and getting-to-know each other in the meantime!

Illusione-Tempus

Seems like the new banner helps out a lot of advertising :)

I am much better in things related to doubles and triples, even when I messed up my starting Pokemon. It's probably because the strategies I thought of works better in those than in singles. :/

And we really shouldn't go with themes just yet. This club is still a bit new. :/

I already added everyone posted at the front post. Just saying since nobody has added me back P:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Hey guys how do I use our club banner?
Also thanks for the membership :)
1)Click on the banner with the mouse's right button
2)Choose "copy image's URL"( it may be called something else in english as my browser is in portuguese)
3)Go to seetings
4)On the seetings click on the signature option
5)Once there click insert image(the little picture with a tree)
6)Paste the image's URL
7)Click "save signature"

Status
Not open for further replies.