• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Fwb0TiJ.png

THE CASUAL BATTLERS CLUB!

Mission Statement: The purpose of the casual battlers club is to discuss Pokemon games, share strategies and tales from our playthroughs, and organize casual battles between members.

What are "casual battles"?: Casual battling is playing Pokemon and battling online and against other members with a disregard for EVs, IVs, and metagame strategies. Its purpose is to enjoy Pokemon in its purest form without all the work that comes with breeding and grinding.

So if I understand breeding and EV training, I can't join? No, of course you can; we don't want to exclude anyone. I, personally, enjoy EV training and perfecting my Pokemon. But a lot of times, I just want to use the Pokemon I raised in playthroughs--Pokemon that I have grown close to and who have unknown IVs and a mixed bag of EVs--to battle others and have fun. So you can certainly enjoy competitive battling and still join, but we ask that if you participate in any matches between members, please do not use your competitively-trained Pokemon.

How do I join and what do I have to do? To join, all you have to do is ask and have a genuine interest in casual play in regards to Pokemon. And from there, all you'll need to do is participate in the group. Discuss your recent playthroughs, talk about your favorite Pokemon, discuss what appeals to you about the games and each generation, and perhaps even organize battles with other members when you both want to.

Hopefully this club draws your interest and you'd like to join. This opening post is sparse as of now, but hopefully it will grow as we move on and get more members. I'm hoping over time we can organize some casual play events like tournaments or themed-matches or the like, but I'm wanting to see what the interest in this club is and what its members want before I get too involved in planning events for it. I do have some ideas, though; and I'm hoping to get other motivated members to join up and help me make this the best club it can be.

HOW TO JOIN: Just start talking! No need to say any secret pass-phrase or fill out anything. If this club interests you, participate!

NEWS: If you have any pressing needs for me, the club owner, just message me! I check my messages often enough here that I should be able to get back in short order!

MEMBERS
-Sid87 (3DS code: 3823-9867-2750)
-Insanity WOLF
-Wego (FC: 0347 9241 5627)
-Kiruria
-Keldminrachi91
-SkywardZelda
-Swampertlover5712 (3DS code: 1650-1704-4324)
-Illusione-Tempus (3ds code: 3926-5714-3675)
-Mr. Y (FC: 4897 6238 4902)
-Inspector Javert (3DS code: 1736 1189 5287)
-Viveshade (3DS code: 0877-1337-0183)
-Torosiken (3DS code: 3840-5679-4563)
-Archstaraptor
-Zelphon
-dirkac (3DS: 0602-6564-1575)
-Crimson Penguin (3DS: 0619-4232-9176)
-themuppetpuppet
-Rayquaza is Green
-Colton S

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS:

Who is your single favorite Pokemon, and why?

(branch off topic) What Pokedex entries do you find the most creepy/weird/funny/shocking?

Which region is your favorite, and why?

If you made a team of your 6 favorite pokemon, what would they be?

Would you be interested in starting a casual play tournament or free play night; preferably on Gen 5 so everyone (I think) can be involved? If so, would you like something themed or anything-goes?

In what time zone do you live, and what times are best for you to get together and trade/battle?

Would anyone mind if I posted your friend codes next to your names under Members in the original post (so, here)?

Besides the core series of games, what other aspects of Pokemon are you into? PMD games? The trading card game? Fanfiction? Cosplay? the anime? Other?

What is the toughest gymleader you have ever battled?

Last edited:
Bump of approval. Join this club if you love battling and playing without thinking of the game mechanics such as EV/IV training and vice versa!

Insanity WOLF

Cool I'll join this club i love doing casual battles it more fun just to train your pokes to level a 100 and don't have to make a big deal over evs and ivs

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I added you both, WOLF and Wego! Welcome aboard.

So did you guys beat X or Y yet? What was your final team?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I would like to join! It always irritates me somewhat when people talk about competitive battling, especially since the metagame stuff seems to involve a lot of work and sets up a system that makes it seem as if certain Pokemon are better than others (especially with all the different tiers like OU, UU, and Uber). I don't have a lot of time for playing Pokemon anyway, so I might as well use the time to just enjoy the main game (in which there's already a lot to do) rather than worry about that other stuff.

Sometimes I will EV train, but I still see it as a lot of work (even with the advent of Super Training in X and Y, because there you only get 12 or so EV's per minigame). And sometimes I don't even sweat over natures. There are a few Pokemon on my training team in X that are an unfavourable nature, most notably an Adamant Braixen, a Jolly Meowstic, and a Calm Hawlucha. Yes, I'm one of those people who cannot decide on a single team of six Pokemon, as there are so many interesting Pokemon out there.

And no, I have not completed X yet. I'm far from it, having only three badges so far. But I have about 50 gameplay hours on it, mostly because I'm training about 25 Pokemon at once and use Pokemon-Amie a lot.

Keldminrachi91

Just call me Cooki
Just wondering, do you have to have played X or Y to join? I don't have a 3DS (can't afford it, sadly), and have minimal knowledge of X/Y. I love playing in game, though, and often restart my game just so I can train a whole new team and re-battle all the trainers. :)

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
I was never one for competitive battling, casual battling sounds fun. May I join?

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I would like to join! It always irritates me somewhat when people talk about competitive battling, especially since the metagame stuff seems to involve a lot of work and sets up a system that makes it seem as if certain Pokemon are better than others (especially with all the different tiers like OU, UU, and Uber). I don't have a lot of time for playing Pokemon anyway, so I might as well use the time to just enjoy the main game (in which there's already a lot to do) rather than worry about that other stuff.

Sometimes I will EV train, but I still see it as a lot of work (even with the advent of Super Training in X and Y, because there you only get 12 or so EV's per minigame). And sometimes I don't even sweat over natures. There are a few Pokemon on my training team in X that are an unfavourable nature, most notably an Adamant Braixen, a Jolly Meowstic, and a Calm Hawlucha. Yes, I'm one of those people who cannot decide on a single team of six Pokemon, as there are so many interesting Pokemon out there.

And no, I have not completed X yet. I'm far from it, having only three badges so far. But I have about 50 gameplay hours on it, mostly because I'm training about 25 Pokemon at once and use Pokemon-Amie a lot.

I wish I could bring myself to do a rotating team of pokeys, but I hate being underleveled later in the game and having to grind! There were a LOT of things on my first playthrough of Y that I wanted to use, but they just languished in my box. Sigh.

I actually barely used Pokemon-Amie at all in my first playthrough, but I used it a LOT my second time around. I got my whole team up to 4 hearts, which seemed like a lot of work. And I became kind of unstoppable at the Header game (you know... the one with the yarnballs).

Anyway, I'll be happy to add you!

Just wondering, do you have to have played X or Y to join? I don't have a 3DS (can't afford it, sadly), and have minimal knowledge of X/Y. I love playing in game, though, and often restart my game just so I can train a whole new team and re-battle all the trainers. :)

Having X/Y would probably be MOST helpful, but it's certainly not mandatory. I know I still have B/W to play on, and I'm sure others do, too. I'll add you. :)

I was never one for competitive battling, casual battling sounds fun. May I join?

Absolutely. I'll add you to the first post.

Anyway, I've started my THIRD playthrough (one on Y, one on X, and now this one also on X). I'm trying a Nuzlocke Challenge! I think that the new Exp Share mechanics will make a Nuzlocke much easier than they've been in the past (I have an awful record at Nuzlocke, but I've beaten two of them! Once on Sapphire and once on LeafGreen), but we'll see. I'm barely into the game at all, and I haven't eaten battled the first gym yet. I'm starting with Fennekin since my first two playthroughs, I used Froakie and Chespin. Wish me luck!

On my Y game, which I won't delete, I've been Wonder Trading A LOT. I have about 11,000 PokeMiles, and that's after I've already spent a few thousand points on Heart Scales and Rare Candies. :) It's fun to catch stuff in the Friend Safari that either have DW abilities or will evolve upon trading (Boldore, Machoke, Pumpkaboo), and share them with people.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Ever since B/W and B2/W2, I've been into casual battles. X/Y really made it more entertaining for me. May I join as well?

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Ever since B/W and B2/W2, I've been into casual battles. X/Y really made it more entertaining for me. May I join as well?

Certainly! Got you added.

I would say it's about time we had a discussion point, so here's a good one:

Who is your single favorite Pokemon, and why?

Mine has always been Butterfree. Ever since I first played Red back in 1998 or 1999. I had a Butterfree on my very first team, and it was oddly unstoppable. Perhaps because it could learn Psychic when nothing else on my team could, and Psychic was kind of unstoppable in Gen 1. I think my original Butterfree had Psychic/Solar Beam/Sleep Powder/[I don't remember the fourth move]. Even without any same-type moves, it still wrecked shop. I've definitely, in the years since, used Butterfree more than any other individual Pokemon.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
My favorite pokemon is Murkrow the reason why i loved its design all the way back at gen 2 and its dex entry was cool to me with it saying if you follow a Murkrow you will get lost something like that anyway one more thing its evolves into the big boss pokemon Honchkrow

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Going by my username, I'll have to say Swampert. I love the unique typing, decent versatility, and design. It's blue, orange, and black, and for whatever reason, I fell for it completely during my first play of Sapphire.

Illusione-Tempus

Hi. I would like to join. Maybe I know quite a bit about IVs (not breeding though), EVs, natures and stuff like that, but seeing other people doing all that makes me wanna go... ugh. As well as seeing trades looking for HAs with perfect natures and IVs and stuff like that. It's alright if they want battle competitively. I'm just on the casual side of the battles.

Although maybe I do EV train a bit with the event Torchic. But all I did was maxing out its attack. The rest are just random. xD

Insanity WOLF

Well my favorite is MIGHTYENA as can everyone see he is my avavtar loved he was my first pokemon i catch when i was starting to play pokemon I think the moves he had i can barely remember them but i think they was good

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Hi. I would like to join. Maybe I know quite a bit about IVs (not breeding though), EVs, natures and stuff like that, but seeing other people doing all that makes me wanna go... ugh. As well as seeing trades looking for HAs with perfect natures and IVs and stuff like that. It's alright if they want battle competitively. I'm just on the casual side of the battles.

Although maybe I do EV train a bit with the event Torchic. But all I did was maxing out its attack. The rest are just random. xD

Sorry for the delay, but I got you added. :)

Breeding is my biggest weakness. I see everything that goes into that, and it's just.... nope. Way too tedious for me. Even if I ever did get the hang of it, I dunno that I'd enjoy it. Other aspects aren't so unappealing to me, but that whole "Ride a bike around for 800 hours in the hopes of winding up with one workable pokey" is too much for me.

My favorite pokemon is Murkrow the reason why i loved its design all the way back at gen 2 and its dex entry was cool to me with it saying if you follow a Murkrow you will get lost something like that anyway one more thing its evolves into the big boss pokemon Honchkrow

That's an interesting thought. Crazy pokedex entries! There are so many that are just outrageous. The one that gets me the most is Parasect; I mean... what a crappy life! It seems like such a simple, happy mushroom bug, but it is anything but!

Wego

WeCounting Stars
I know what u mean the mushroom just took over the poor thing something tells me it dont look forward to when it evolves

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I'd imagine living under the power of a mushroom would be rather unpleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.