• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Thanks for the add! Hope nobody minds if I answer some of the questions in the OP~

1. Who is your single favorite Pokemon, and why?

I have two favorites (please don't make me choose!). One of them is Flareon, who I have liked since I first got into Pokemon, although I can't really explain why. I've always been a fan of the Eeveelutions and I love Fire-types, so that's part of it, I guess. The other is Piplup, who I like for the very simple reason that it is the single cutest Pokemon in existence. (That and I love penguins, as you can probably tell by my username.)

1a (branch off topic) What Pokedex entries do you find the most creepy/weird/funny/shocking?

Darumaka's White entry. That is all.

2. Which region is your favorite, and why?

Hoenn, hands down. I love the variety of environments and Pokemon it has, and its central theme of people and Pokemon living in harmony is great. And the music is amazing. Best soundtrack in a Pokemon game IMO. Kalos has become a pretty close second, though.

3. If you made a team of your 6 favorite pokemon, what would they be?

I'd probably go with Flareon, Piplup, Snivy, Sylveon, Jirachi, and Flygon. Wouldn't get me many wins, but it would be fun. :p

5. In what time zone do you live, and what times are best for you to get together and trade/battle?

My time zone is PST (GMT-8), and I'm usually free in the afternoon/evening up until about 9 pm. However, this will probably change once I go back to school in a few weeks.

6.Would anyone mind if I posted your friend codes next to your names under Members in the original post (so, here)?

No problem - my FC is 0619-4232-9176. However, I don't have a whole lot of room left, so if necessary I can add people to my alternate 3DS (3368-2140-9667).

Also, since this seems to be the hot topic right now, my preferred battle styles are Doubles and Rotations. I just think having multiple Pokemon on the field opens up so many more possibilities for unique strategies, and I enjoy the mind games that come with Rotations. I'd probably like Triples too, but I don't have much experience with it.

Hope to have some fun battles with everyone! : D

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Seems like the new banner helps out a lot of advertising :)

I am much better in things related to doubles and triples, even when I messed up my starting Pokemon. It's probably because the strategies I thought of works better in those than in singles. :/

And we really shouldn't go with themes just yet. This club is still a bit new. :/

I already added everyone posted at the front post. Just saying since nobody has added me back P:

Oh, sorry about that. I'll add you tonight.

Here's a blanket welcome to the new members.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Oh man, how could I forget about rotation battles? Rotation battles are so awesome, I'd wish they made more rotation battles through the main story and post game. Only having the battle maison and online to experience such awesomeness is kind of bad :(.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Oh man, how could I forget about rotation battles? Rotation battles are so awesome, I'd wish they made more rotation battles through the main story and post game. Only having the battle maison and online to experience such awesomeness is kind of bad :(.

There's also Le Yeah and Le Wow for Rotations, but seeing as those always have the same set of Pokemon and it can get infuriating trying to hit the correct amount of turns, it's not much consolation. XD I do wish there was more emphasis on different battle styles besides Singles in the main game. At least make it so we get more than two Triple and Rotation battles in the entire game...

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
There's also Le Yeah and Le Wow for Rotations, but seeing as those always have the same set of Pokemon and it can get infuriating trying to hit the correct amount of turns, it's not much consolation. XD I do wish there was more emphasis on different battle styles besides Singles in the main game. At least make it so we get more than two Triple and Rotation battles in the entire game...

Then there's the Battle Maison, if you're looking for variety, instead of the same teams at the "Le" restaurants.

Torosiken

This is a title.
Wee! More members! Welcome to new members :D

I like an kind of battles, but I am best in singles and rotations. .3.
After a while trying to find out why I am good at those and Tempus at multi, I found out it was all because our moveset. I am more to making so-this-pokemon-can-stand-out-on-their-own-when-trouble-comes and Tempus is more at team strategic.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Thanks for adding me! Like CP, I'll answer questions too, if they don't mind.

1. Who is your single favorite Pokemon, and why?

Surskit! Surskit! Surskit EVERYTHING!
But Masquerain and Lantrun tie as a close second ^_^

2. Which region is your favorite, and why?

Sinnoh. Sinnoh is best Region. It has best Soundtrack, Pokémon, People, Story, and Variety!

3. If you made a team of your 6 favorite pokemon, what would they be?

Lol, Masquerain, Lanturn, Drifblim, Roserade, Lumineon, and Trevenant/Malamar/Beartic/Mothim, wouldn't win very much, unless Masquerain or Mothim sets up Quiver Dance :O

5. In what time zone do you live, and what times are best for you to get together and trade/battle?

Usually +8/9, but during Vacation Months, it'll probably be +1.
Any time after 3PM is the best time for me to Trade or Battle :O

6.Would anyone mind if I posted your friend codes next to your names under Members in the original post (so, here)?

My 3DS FC is: 0602-6564-1575

Anyway, just a little thing regarding the current Topic, Rotation Battles are my favorite Battling Style, they're incredibly fun, and I've done a lot of them, too, sadly i's the least popular Battling Style D:

But, I also love Multis, even though I've only done them twice and I totally suck at them XD

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector
I'll have acccess to my DS today and will be able to add some of you people! If anyone would like to battle tonight, I'd be all for it! Does anyone here mind if I issue some challenges a bit later on?

Torosiken

This is a title.
I'll have acccess to my DS today and will be able to add some of you people! If anyone would like to battle tonight, I'd be all for it! Does anyone here mind if I issue some challenges a bit later on?

Sure :) But I want to finish my X first :/ Which will take time since I am trying to write my fanfiction and is telling myself to not procrastinate
And I am procrrastinating again now :'3

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I've begun adding members, mainly those with their codes on the first page. If you want me to add you, just let me know.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Hey guys, I probably won't be online after today 'till the new year, so if anyone wants to battle me or add my FC just pm me today. Also merry xmas to everyone.:)

Illusione-Tempus

I really am stirring quite the topic about battle preferences. Guess I can't help it.

Currently I'm rebuilding my team since I need something to deal with these incoming single-battle requests (that I don't want to refuse but still had to). Need something to score physical damage and can still take a super-effective hit before it falls... Dang, I'll never get to use Ms Squiggles. Why are people so cruel to her? D'X

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Let's see... I've got one spot left on my primary 3DS. Who wants it?

New topic in the meantime:

Besides the core series of games, what other aspects of Pokemon are you into? PMD games? The trading card game? Fanfiction? Cosplay? the anime? Other?

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Definitely Mystery Dungeon. I've found the story to be so moving: friendship, trust, faith. When I was young, the plot tore me up, as well as the beautiful music, but with the whole becoming a Pokemon and having a best friend that sticks with you through thick and thin--that really hits home. I also like the missions and varying dungeons. Basically, the whole spin-off has got me hooked.

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I liked to play the trading card game when I was a kid, I still like it, but I don't play it anymore. I love the cards art though, some of them are very good. Pokémon fan art is also awesome (minus the weird hentai stuff). That's all with pokémon I'm into, unless I'm forgoting something.

Illusione-Tempus

Did my FC disappeared at the main post? Or is it just me? Have you added it, Sid?

On topic:
If you have to ask about other Pokemon cores that I like, it'll be the Mystery Dungeon series, probably with the same reasons as swampert. It's such a beautiful tale.

I'm a fan of the Ranger spinoffs as well. I dunno, imagining people who are probably really athletic and saving regions from a force controlling all the Pokemon in that region is interesting for me I guess?

Fan of the TCG as well, even though this place rarely gets legit cards, though everything printed on the card is the same (up 'til HGSS. Stupid Sentret's got 6000 HP). It's what brought me deeper into the Pokemon fandom, as I only got Sapphire at the time. If I'm not mistaken, during the time DP was just released. xDD

While fan-fiction... there's probably some great fan-fictions that I've encounter... Never actually finished them. Gotta go find them again. Too bad that good fan-fictions aren't easy to find. Many are just somebody going on an epic quest or the retelling of PMD with two Pokemon other than the normal starters.

What else left to add... PokeSpe! Of course! It's a fantastic manga that showcases the Pokemon world in a different level. The way the mangaka imagine how the Pokemon world works is amazing.

This is getting a tad too long. There's still web-comics, papercrafts, crochet, videos, vlogs... and the 718 Pokerap.

Off topic:
Hunting for a shiny Trapinch. Wish me luck :3

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I'm with you on the manga, Tempus. They have developed such an interesting take on the Pokemon world.

Good luck on getting that Trapinch.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Besides the core series of games, what other aspects of Pokemon are you into?

I've played most of the spin-off games, of which PMD and Colo/XD are my favorites. Both have great storylines and I find them to be an interesting take on the Pokemon series. I also used to be huge into collecting Pokemon figures and trading cards, but that interest has waned over time. I still watch the anime, but it's more out of loyalty to the series than anything - actually, the anime was what got me interested in Pokemon in the first place. I'm really enjoying the X and Y anime so far though; it seems to be a big step up from Black and White IMO. Finally, I've toyed with the idea of writing a Pokemon fanfiction, but due to procrastination/lack of confidence in my writing skills, I haven't written anything yet... >_< One of these days I'm just going to have to force myself to sit down and write out a couple of chapters that have been sitting in my head for months. However, I do enjoy reading fanfics that others have posted here on Serebii. I also need to force myself to write up some reviews again, since I haven't actually done that in over a year. XD

Also just thought I'd mention that anyone is welcome to add my 3DS code (which is now in the OP) - I still have 16 open slots and I'll probably end up deleting a few that I've had for quite a while but have never gone online at the same time as me. I'll be pretty busy the next couple of days for Christmas, but I'll have a lot more time up until mid-January to have some battles. Just send me a PM if you're interested~

Torosiken

This is a title.
I really am stirring quite the topic about battle preferences. Guess I can't help it.

Currently I'm rebuilding my team since I need something to deal with these incoming single-battle requests (that I don't want to refuse but still had to). Need something to score physical damage and can still take a super-effective hit before it falls... Dang, I'll never get to use Ms Squiggles. Why are people so cruel to her? D'X

Your Ms. Squiggles is a nightmare, my dear.

BTW I added (almost) everyone at front page. Nobody added me yet huh? XD

I am going to hunt for shiny trapinch and nincada later .w.
My reason to get a nincada is because when it evolve you can get double shiny lol XD
and I love shedinjas :333

Besides the core series of games, what other aspects of Pokemon are you into? PMD games? The trading card game? Fanfiction? Cosplay? the anime? Other?

Ooo! I love PMD series! :D
I collect TCG but never got around to play it because I have no one to play with plus I don't really understand lol
I write fanfictions :3 My FFn acc is Pii. I have a Pokemon fan-fic series featuring electric rondents in head but I am focusing my Danny Phantom nextgen fanfic atm.
I am a cosplayer, however so far I am not having any Pokemon cosplays .3. I have Kagamine Len cosplay at home. Is thinking to do Eren from SnK next- well idk. If I get around to get a pichu hoodie I might make a Len cosplay photo with a pichu hoodie :3
Nope, not at all to the anime :'D
BUT POKESPE IS MY THING :D
Oh btw does anyone like Kaitou! Pokemon 7? It's a very short Pokemon manga but I loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.