• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Besides the core series of games, what other aspects of Pokemon are you into?

Well, I've played all Pokémon Spin-Off Games from Emerald onwards (except Poképark 2, Ranch, the JP Exclusive PMD, and Rumble), and I have to say, I really enoyed all of them.

The PMD Series, however, is by far my favorite, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team still sits on top as my favorite Video game of all times.
I just thought that it was a very nice change to see how it developed, and the mechanics of it were also very interesting.
What got me the most, though, was a the plot. My Arceus, the Plot. It was incredibly amazing, IMO, and was so humbling and nice, yet despairing and harsh, it was awesome :3
Music is also some of the best I've ever heard.

The Ranger Series I'm also a fan of. While my interest in it dwindled after the mediocre Guardian Signs, I do hope they will create another one.
The prospect of looping around them was pretty strange, but just another one of those gimmicky fun that are just fun to do.

I like Fanfiction, but all the ones I write are 100% sucky XD

The Animé is also my thing, but Unova was so bad I just gave up on it, hopefully Kalos will redeem :p

Pokéspe is the best Pokémon Manga evah! :D

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Your Ms. Squiggles is a nightmare, my dear.

BTW I added (almost) everyone at front page. Nobody added me yet huh? XD

I am going to hunt for shiny trapinch and nincada later .w.
My reason to get a nincada is because when it evolve you can get double shiny lol XD
and I love shedinjas :333

Did I not add you? I thought I did. Did you add me? Ah well, I'll check this afternoon after work (YES... I am working on Christmas Eve. Ah, the glamrous life of an adult. Though my wife has the whole week off. Huh).

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Hey, guys. Here's a happy holidays to you all. Hope you have a good one.

Inspector Javert

Parisian Inspector
Same. Everyone have amazing holidays!

Additionally, Tempus, I am a convert. Your Ms Squiggles is the slickest Scolipede out there.

Illusione-Tempus

Hmm... If Toro and Javert said so, that just means that I have to time her exit. Like, when the enemy is using a fighting-type Pokemon. :3

Happy holidays everyone! I myself don't celebrate Christmas though, but hope you guys that celebrate it have a merry Christmas. =D

Torosiken

This is a title.
Hmm... If Toro and Javert said so, that just means that I have to time her exit. Like, when the enemy is using a fighting-type Pokemon. :3

Happy holidays everyone! I myself don't celebrate Christmas though, but hope you guys that celebrate it have a merry Christmas. =D
She is a total nightmare don't get me started XDDD

Merry Christmas everyone! I don't celebrate anything as well :)

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
My wife got me Pokemon Emerald for Christmas because I mentioned a while ago that it is the only Pokemon game I've never played. :)

Wego

WeCounting Stars
So i want to ask this question What is the toughest gymleader you have ever battled?

My is Brock from 1st gen because when i was playing pokemon red my first pokemon was Chamander this is when i was young i did not know rock was super effective and it was my only pokemon so i was always losing :(

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So i want to ask this question What is the toughest gymleader you have ever battled?

My is Brock from 1st gen because when i was playing pokemon red my first pokemon was Chamander this is when i was young i did not know rock was super effective and it was my only pokemon so i was always losing :(

Probably Gardenia in Diamond, mainly because my obly Pokémon were Roselia, Drifloon, and Prinplup, and because Gardenia's Roserade was pretty Overleveled compared to my Pokémon's Levels.

Liza and Tate were also pretty challenging, since almost my entire Team was weak to them :p
I mean, Altaria, Masquerain and Glalie are weak to Rock Type Attacks, Blaziken and Breloom are weak to both Psychic and Flying Type Attacks, Blaziken is weak to Ground Type Attacks, so only Gardevoir didn't have a weakness :p

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon

I added this to the Current Discussions. :)

Anyway, the obvious answer is Whitney, right? EVERYONE hates Whitney. Friggin' Attract and Stomph flinches!

Aside from that, I remember Misty being a HUGE pain in the R/B days. Not sure why, but I'm sure it had to do with her really fast, fully-evolved, fairly-high-leveled Starmie.

themuppetpuppet

Hi all! I am totally new to this site so a big hello from me!
What a fun idea! I have been looking for a group to casually battle with for a long time! I don't have anything against metagamers, and have dabbled in it a bit myself, but in my opinion it kind of takes some of the fun out of Pokemon by breeding for that 'perfect poke'. The extent of my breeding has pretty much been egg moves and I've done a little bit of EV training but the real fun of Pokemon for me has always been meeting fellow (real life) trainers, sharing the fun we've had raising our pokes, and having a blast seeing what our pokes can do in a fun battle!
And as for the folks here who don't have X/Y yet, I'd love to play with you too! I still use White 2 and have a really fun team I've been working on there.

Oh, had to answer a couple of the fun questions too:
My favorite pokemon is Mawile and Bulbasaur. I love Bulbasaur. He's cute, he's got a nice moveset, and he was one of the first pokemon that gave Ash a little attitude. Great color scheme too with him!
Mawile partly because I love her awesome look, and partly because she reminds me of a very dear friend who passed away. Named my latest Mawile after that friend! Amazing the sentimental value we form to these little guys isn't it?

And as for the gym: my favorite, most intense battle I've ever had was in Soul Silver...the battle with Jasmine. I remember it so well. We just had this massive slugfest and my Maganium was playing like a champ. Unfortunately, I didn't know too much about the type matchups then, but in the end, I think it was a much richer battle because of that. As goofy as it sounds I learned to trust and lean on that Maganium, knowing that if my team was ever in a pinch, he's be the one I'd turn to. Haha! What fun memories!

Anyways, would love to join this great group! So nice to know there are other casual battlers out there!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Anyway, the obvious answer is Whitney, right? EVERYONE hates Whitney. Friggin' Attract and Stomp flinches.

I don't, Female Bayleef with Poison Powder or Stun Spore makes her absolutely useless, since Attract doesn't work, and Stomp doesn't deal much Damage to soemthing with such Defense.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I don't, Female Bayleef with Poison Powder or Stun Spore makes her absolutely useless, since Attract doesn't work, and Stomp doesn't deal much Damage to soemthing with such Defense.

I agree with this, but I didn't discover that until I broke down and decided to try running the Chikorita line in HG/SS. Other times, it was darn well a long, frustrating battle.

For me, it was the twins Tate and Liz (Liza?) in R/S/E. I always ran the Mudkip line, but I did go with Blaziken and a rather unbalanced team that did not bode well and resulted in a few do-overs. That Solrock-Lunatone duo absolutely confounded my younger self. Also, I found Juan to be a challenge in Emerald. Wallace never was in R/S, but Juan's Kingdra was the Pokemon that gave me a difficult time.

If I may, and since it's kind of on topic, who was the toughest champion for you to beat?

Illusione-Tempus

Ooh, a topic~

Gym Leader: Ahaha, I had trouble with Whitney as well, but since Crystal is my second game, its not so memorable to me. In the end, when playing HGSS, I ended up with female starters all the time that I can go through Attract easily. xDD
Most memorable: While people are having trouble with Tate and Liza, I had problems with Winona and her Altaria instead. Since Sapphire is my first game, and my first starter was Treecko, Altaria's Dragon/Flying, and because you know the standard "kids only using their starter" thing... yeah. When I played Sapphire again, this time with a party of 6, I was actually shocked to see how easy it is to defeat Altaria, and how lame I was when I thought her Altaria was so powerful. ^^;

Champion: Diantha is DEFINITELY not the toughest. Everything falls to my Mawile on my first challenge, and especially on the second with Mega Mawile.
I'll just be honest and go with Cynthia. Yes, you know exactly why. Spiritomb and his no weakness+pressure, perfect IVs across the board (at least that's what people say), and using what-Smogon-called-Uber Garchomp. As well as Milotic and Togekiss(Pt) with their good Defense. And when I think about it, DP is one of the first games where I started to use a party of 6. But even so, other champions aren't that hard. xD

I'll just go ahead and try a single-run at Pt and see how hard she is with a single Pokemon... not my starter though, too lazy to use one.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
The hardest champion was easily Cynthia. Her team was too diverse and actually well-trained.

I agree that Diantha was probably the easiest. I absolutely blitzed her in my first playthrough of X/Y. Her team was actually relatively UNDERleveled (as was the whole E4), which I found to be weird. Usually by the time I get to the champ, their team is 5-10 levels higher than my team. I was at least on par to Diantha.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ooh, a topic~

Gym Leader: Ahaha, I had trouble with Whitney as well, but since Crystal is my second game, its not so memorable to me. In the end, when playing HGSS, I ended up with female starters all the time that I can go through Attract easily. xDD
Most memorable: While people are having trouble with Tate and Liza, I had problems with Winona and her Altaria instead. Since Sapphire is my first game, and my first starter was Treecko, Altaria's Dragon/Flying, and because you know the standard "kids only using their starter" thing... yeah. When I played Sapphire again, this time with a party of 6, I was actually shocked to see how easy it is to defeat Altaria, and how lame I was when I thought her Altaria was so powerful. ^^;

Champion: Diantha is DEFINITELY not the toughest. Everything falls to my Mawile on my first challenge, and especially on the second with Mega Mawile.
I'll just be honest and go with Cynthia. Yes, you know exactly why. Spiritomb and his no weakness+pressure, perfect IVs across the board (at least that's what people say), and using what-Smogon-called-Uber Garchomp. As well as Milotic and Togekiss(Pt) with their good Defense. And when I think about it, DP is one of the first games where I started to use a party of 6. But even so, other champions aren't that hard. xD

I'll just go ahead and try a single-run at Pt and see how hard she is with a single Pokemon... not my starter though, too lazy to use one.

I actually still have problems with Winona even with an Altaria of my own and a Masquerain who are both packed with Ice Beam :/

Regardless, hardest Champion is Cynthia. Diversity and perfect IVs made her incredibly hard, especially since all of her 10 Pokémon she used were just incredibly hard.

Just a little thing, but Blue, Alder or Diantha shouldn't even be Champions, as they were laughably easy.

Illusione-Tempus

Just a little thing, but Blue, Alder or Diantha shouldn't even be Champions, as they were laughably easy.

Dunno about Blue for me.
I was expecting to lose with Alder when I challenge the league with only a single Arceus. But no, he fell down rather easily. xD

Oh, and just recently I fought a guy with a team of the creation trio, Kyurem-W, Zekrom and Cresselia and won. Ms Squiggles hits harder than I thought. But I forgot to turn the 3D effect on so I can't bask in the legendary Pokemons' 3D glory. At least I saved the battle to witness their 3D glory whenever I want. :3

Anyone who wants to watch can check my signature. xD

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Dunno about Blue for me.
I was expecting to lose with Alder when I challenge the league with only a single Arceus. But no, he fell down rather easily. xD

Oh, and just recently I fought a guy with a team of the creation trio, Kyurem-W, Zekrom and Cresselia and won. Ms Squiggles hits harder than I thought. But I forgot to turn the 3D effect on so I can't bask in the legendary Pokemons' 3D glory. At least I saved the battle to witness their 3D glory whenever I want. :3

My Butterfree swept Blue in Leafgreen :/

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Dunno about Blue for me.

Go Ms Squiggles. Those legendaries look fantastic.

I definitely had a hard time with Cynthia, for reasons already stated, but in Emerald, Wallace's Milotic proved troublesome. (What is it with these Milotic?)

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Hello guys, I'm back (for some days).
The hardest elite 4 I've ever battled is Cynthia, my Torterra saved me last time I played through gen 4. As for gym leaders, the fighting type 3°gen leader was hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.