• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Anyone want to battle?

EagleEye

Hey guy's I would be interested in joining this club. I've done some of the competitive battling and I found it boring. I really just prefer playing with my in-game pokemon. I don't have a 3DS though so no pokemon XY yet.

So would it be alright If I join?

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
My 3ds wifi has been acting up for two days so I cant wego, sorry
Yeah sids not strict on people joining

EagleEye

Ok so I asked Sids and he said it was fine that I can join. So hi everybody.

So a few things about me I guess.

Well I have been watching pokemon on and off since the first ever episode. I would have been around 7 years old when it first began. My first game was the Red game which is now broken. I then got gold and sapphire, I have no clue where they are anymore. I now have HG, Plat, Black, and W2. My favorite is still HG just cause it was one of my favorite's when I was younger. I do a lot of beating the game and restarting and trying to use different pokemon Although I can't stand using legendries in-game, It just feels like cheating to me. The game play through are my favorite part.

Favorite Pokémon - Arcanine.
Favorite Region - Johto
Time Zone - US central GMT -6

EagleEye

So I'm wondering do you guy's ever set up any casual tournament's or fun challenge's or anything of that nature. I have some suggestion's, thing's that I used to do with some friend a long time ago before I had wifi to make the game play through more fun. just wondering if you do and of that stuff here?

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Well we tried doing tournament it was not going well cause everyone was not at the same time so it failed but no one here are going to object to your suggestions so go for it.

EagleEye

That always seems to be the problem. can't get everyone on when it come's to online tournaments. So I guess I won't try one of them then.

My other idea was something I did with just one of my friend's a few time's a while ago so you don't need a lot of people but you can do it with as many as you want I guess. It's a combination of playing the Pokémon game's/casual battling. To simplify it we basically just each restarted are game's at the same time's(they would have to be from the same gen such as HG and SS) and then we would set points in the game where eachof us would have to get to and then stop. we would then battle each other with the teams we had at that point in the game. We would usually set the battle's around each gym battle. so it was about 8 time's throughout the game. We had certain rules in place such as no trading or only certain level's you could train your pokemon too before each battle so no over training and just winning by have the higher level pokemon would happen. you could make up any rule's you want though.

I just liked it because there was some strategy involved such as what pokemon to use based on what move's they knew at that time in the game and using certain pokemon over other's early on because they evolved sooner, then using different pokemon later as you could catch more and evolve some. I don't know if anyone would be interested and I know it would be hard to get time to do it. so it's up to any of you if you would want to. It could just be 2 people or more. If anyone's interested just let me know and I'll do one with you.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
That always seems to be the problem. can't get everyone on when it come's to online tournaments. So I guess I won't try one of them then.

My other idea was something I did with just one of my friend's a few time's a while ago so you don't need a lot of people but you can do it with as many as you want I guess. It's a combination of playing the Pokémon game's/casual battling. To simplify it we basically just each restarted are game's at the same time's(they would have to be from the same gen such as HG and SS) and then we would set points in the game where eachof us would have to get to and then stop. we would then battle each other with the teams we had at that point in the game. We would usually set the battle's around each gym battle. so it was about 8 time's throughout the game. We had certain rules in place such as no trading or only certain level's you could train your pokemon too before each battle so no over training and just winning by have the higher level pokemon would happen. you could make up any rule's you want though.

I just liked it because there was some strategy involved such as what pokemon to use based on what move's they knew at that time in the game and using certain pokemon over other's early on because they evolved sooner, then using different pokemon later as you could catch more and evolve some. I don't know if anyone would be interested and I know it would be hard to get time to do it. so it's up to any of you if you would want to. It could just be 2 people or more. If anyone's interested just let me know and I'll do one with you.

I could do that, don't know how many other can though

EagleEye

I could do that, don't know how many other can though

Do you any 4th gen or 5th gen game's. I don't have 6th gen so I can't do it on that game. you would have to find other's that have that game if that's the only game you have.

If you do have any of the other game's just let me know and we could set up some rule's and figure out what time's would work out best for our battle's.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Do you any 4th gen or 5th gen game's. I don't have 6th gen so I can't do it on that game. you would have to find other's that have that game if that's the only game you have.

If you do have any of the other game's just let me know and we could set up some rule's and figure out what time's would work out best for our battle's.

soul sliver ( will not reset sorry full national dex and 4 stars i dont want to lose that) diamond, black , white 2 ( wont reset) so diamond or black works

EagleEye

soul sliver ( will not reset sorry full national dex and 4 stars i dont want to lose that) diamond, black , white 2 ( wont reset) so diamond or black works

Ok black would work best for me then. I can also do Hg one it anyone else wants to though. So if anyone else would be interested in joining then it would be Black and White. So now we just need some rule's then. Do you want the no trading rule unless it's to evolve your pokemon? First wifi battle after the first gym? and should it be a 2v2, 3v3, or 6v6 battle? I would prefer a 2v2 or 3v3 for the first one and maybe about half way through go to a 6v6 for the battle's. If you have any suggestion's for any rules to make it more fun just put them out their.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Ok black would work best for me then. I can also do Hg one it anyone else wants to though. So if anyone else would be interested in joining then it would be Black and White. So now we just need some rule's then. Do you want the no trading rule unless it's to evolve your pokemon? First wifi battle after the first gym? and should it be a 2v2, 3v3, or 6v6 battle? I would prefer a 2v2 or 3v3 for the first one and maybe about half way through go to a 6v6 for the battle's. If you have any suggestion's for any rules to make it more fun just put them out their.

how about no trades at all, we can lay down when we will battle and the numbers and levels, I think that would be the best way to set this up I think

EagleEye

how about no trades at all, we can lay down when we will battle and the numbers and levels, I think that would be the best way to set this up I think

I'm fine with no trade's at all. As for the battle's I don't remember all of the storyline in Black so I'll have to look some stuff up. Last time I did this it was on my Gold game and we battled before we defeated each gym and we used the gym leader's highest level pokemon for our max level of pokemon we could use. So if you want to do something similar to that it would be fine, maybe add on a few levels.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
I'm fine with no trade's at all. As for the battle's I don't remember all of the storyline in Black so I'll have to look some stuff up. Last time I did this it was on my Gold game and we battled before we defeated each gym and we used the gym leader's highest level pokemon for our max level of pokemon we could use. So if you want to do something similar to that it would be fine, maybe add on a few levels.

That would be fine, with in 5 levels of the gym leaders max would be fair I think, also whats the deal with starters, I have a idea of how to choose if you want to hear it

EagleEye

Yeah with in 5 level sounds good for me. One thing I just thought of is that since this will be wifi we can't battle until after we defeat the first gym leader. Also any suggestion's are appreciated so let's hear it.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Yeah with in 5 level sounds good for me. One thing I just thought of is that since this will be wifi we can't battle until after we defeat the first gym leader. Also any suggestion's are appreciated so let's hear it.

we pick starters by our last id number on the trainer card so like
1,2,3: fire
4,5,6 : water
7,8,9: water
0: our pick
something like that

EagleEye

Ok that would be fine by me. make's it more random which I like. Also I was just thinking that 5 level might be too much early on in the game. the first gym is only a max level 14 pokemon and I don't want to make this a game where we have to grind our pokemon to make them that much higher. So how about a 2 level difference for the first 2 gym's, a 3 level difference for the 3rd and 4th gym, a 4 level difference for the 5th and 6th gym and a 5 lever difference for the rest.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Ok that would be fine by me. make's it more random which I like. Also I was just thinking that 5 level might be too much early on in the game. the first gym is only a max level 14 pokemon and I don't want to make this a game where we have to grind our pokemon to make them that much higher. So how about a 2 level difference for the first 2 gym's, a 3 level difference for the 3rd and 4th gym, a 4 level difference for the 5th and 6th gym and a 5 lever difference for the rest.
That's fine with me

Status
Not open for further replies.