• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Casual Battlers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
That sounds like a neat idea!

My only concern though is with stuff from the OverUsed tier, as most of those pokemon have the tendency of being ruthlessly powerful enough to wreck alot of pokemon. And even if you have the right pokemon to fend an OU off, in standard circumstances a player can easily switch out so it can wreak havoc later! The same can apply for Mega-Evolutions x10!

I also have an idea for a rule: As switching out can be quite irritating (forced-switching and Baton Pass too), how about we limit the amount of times a player can switch out a pokemon per round? I was thinking a maximum of 3.

I was also thinking certain items as well, but i'm unclear on what to include.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Hey everyone. Things have tapered off a bit here, and I thought I'd try to liven it back up. Who is interested in a tournament?! :)

In an effort to both keep the tourney FAIR and make it wide open to use just about any Pokemon you'd want, I was thinking this would be the rules:

1) All battles are 6v6

2) Battles are best of three: Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotation (the two players agree beforehand on which three to use).

3) Here's the big twist: We use Smogon tiers. That doesn't seem "casual" does it? Well here's the twist! Each team has to have ONE Pokemon from EACH of the following tiers: OverUsed, UnderUsed, RarelyUsed, NeverUsed, Little Cup, and Not Fully Evolved
-If you want to see a list of what pokeys are in what tier, go here: http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/wiki/Tier_listings
-You MAY use Borderline or Borderline 2 tier Pokemon, but they count towards the HIGHER tier (so if you use a BORDERLINE 1 Pokemon, it counts as your OVERUSED tier Pokemon).

Past those three rules, I thought we might agree on things to ban/restrict from there if need be (Personally, I was thinking that the Little Cup pokemon CAN'T be a level 1, FEAR Endeavor user. It's too cheap and takes away the spirit of it being a challenge to use the LC pokey).

What's everyone say? Any thoughts? Want in?

Here's what I proposed at the bottom of last page, so everyone can see it.

That sounds like a neat idea!

My only concern though is with stuff from the OverUsed tier, as most of those pokemon have the tendency of being ruthlessly powerful enough to wreck alot of pokemon. And even if you have the right pokemon to fend an OU off, in standard circumstances a player can easily switch out so it can wreak havoc later! The same can apply for Mega-Evolutions x10!

I also have an idea for a rule: As switching out can be quite irritating (forced-switching and Baton Pass too), how about we limit the amount of times a player can switch out a pokemon per round? I was thinking a maximum of 3.

I was also thinking certain items as well, but i'm unclear on what to include.

Annoying switching out and entry hazards are why I pretty much only play Triples. :) I don't NECESSARILY have a problem with this, but it might be hard to enforce. What if someone miscounts and switches out too many times? Or the opponent thinks they've used up their switches before they have?

Last edited:

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Hey everyone. Things have tapered off a bit here, and I thought I'd try to liven it back up. Who is interested in a tournament?! :)

In an effort to both keep the tourney FAIR and make it wide open to use just about any Pokemon you'd want, I was thinking this would be the rules:

1) All battles are 6v6

2) Battles are best of three: Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotation (the two players agree beforehand on which three to use).

3) Here's the big twist: We use Smogon tiers. That doesn't seem "casual" does it? Well here's the twist! Each team has to have ONE Pokemon from EACH of the following tiers: OverUsed, UnderUsed, RarelyUsed, NeverUsed, Little Cup, and Not Fully Evolved
-If you want to see a list of what pokeys are in what tier, go here: http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/wiki/Tier_listings
-You MAY use Borderline or Borderline 2 tier Pokemon, but they count towards the HIGHER tier (so if you use a BORDERLINE 1 Pokemon, it counts as your OVERUSED tier Pokemon).

Past those three rules, I thought we might agree on things to ban/restrict from there if need be (Personally, I was thinking that the Little Cup pokemon CAN'T be a level 1, FEAR Endeavor user. It's too cheap and takes away the spirit of it being a challenge to use the LC pokey).

What's everyone say? Any thoughts? Want in?
Sounds like a good idea, I am in

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
This sounds like such a cool idea! Not sure if I'll be around for the tournament though... Hopefully there will be more of these over the summer.

Sorry for not having posted here in forever BTW, school has been killing me lately...

Illusione-Tempus

Sounds like a good idea. Although I can't get a team running 'til I can get that massive storage people call Pokebank since my PC hit the limit already. You know, what I want to use, team coordination, etc. .3.

Anyway, tell me how many of you flipped out at the Hoenn remake announcement.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
^I scared my mom half to death this morning because of my yelling when I found out. XD

3rd gen is my favorite, so I'm incredibly hyped for Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire. Maybe I should put together a Hoenn-Pokemon-only team to celebrate. Actually, come to think of it, I could use my shiny Gardevoir on that team... I might just do this. : D

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Well... we've got four players (me, Trot, Illusone, and sunshine).

we could do just us four, if you'd like. :)

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Wow this club has really gone down hill no ones around to post well I up for a battle with anyone who is part of the club I think if we can spark an reaction from the other members we can get this club to become more lively. We can even do a battle royally with the winner getting a prize or something I can breed some pokemon with egg moves and 4 to 5 IVs so do anyone think this is a good idea.

EagleEye

Hey guys long time since I've been here. I'm restarting my Pokémon X game and was wondering if anyone wanted to restart with me. Looking to do a casual battle type scenario that I did a few months ago on here on B/W games. It was me and SunshineMasterKing but we never got it finished.

It's a combination of playing the Pokémon game's/casual battling. To simplify it we basically just each restarted are game's at the same time's. the games would have to be from the same gen such as X/Y and then we would battle each as we both played the game. We would usually set the battle's around each gym battle. so it was about 8 time's throughout the game. We had certain rules in place such as no trading or only certain level's you could train your pokemon too before each battle so no over training. We can set up any rules you want as well.

I just liked it because there was some strategy involved such as what pokemon to use based on what move's they knew at that time in the game and using certain pokemon over other's early on because they evolved sooner and other strategies. I don't know if anyone would be interested and I know it would be hard to get time to do it. so it's up to any of you if you would want to. It could just be 2 people or more. If anyone's interested just let me know and I'll do one with you.

EagleEye

Hey Wego! This club seems to be a little dead at the moment. What's everyone up to and how many of you are getting the ASOR games?

EagleEye

I plan on getting OR. I had sapphire when It came out so I'll go with the new ruby version now.

epic mew

Zorark + mew = death
May I join? I like using thepokemon I find and think about their evolutions, I train them like regular pokemon and t rain my full teams but not with perfect movesets ivs blah blah blah. Some times I check their stats, but I prefer to play pokemon the casual way.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
May I join? I like using thepokemon I find and think about their evolutions, I train them like regular pokemon and t rain my full teams but not with perfect movesets ivs blah blah blah. Some times I check their stats, but I prefer to play pokemon the casual way.

Welcome to the club.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Wow, I feel bad.
its been ages since I've been here.

Hi everyone! :D
I went to the dark side, I'm learning competitive battling >3>

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Hey everyone I'm getting AS because Sapphire was my third gen game I got when I was a kid I manage to find a used one I play it from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.