• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Cave of Trials (834)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Lucario VS Blaziken! The Cave of Trials!!

Having teamed up with Korrina, Ash & co. arrive in Geosenge Town in search of the Lucarionite, the Mega Stone Korrina needs to Mega Evolve her Lucario. Having learned that the Mega Stone is found within a nearby cave, they go to investigate. However, while there, they find Team Rocket beat them to it and got blasted off by a mysterious force in the cave. Upon investigation, they discover that a Blaziken is in the cave and must be defeated to get the Lucarionite. Can Lucario defeat it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

zhixun

Citron finally have another invention that does not explode. His torch was similar to Eipam arm. Lucario's fourth move is Kinzokuon and Bursyamo belongs to her grandfather.

Last edited:

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I hate Serena in this episode. The reason is that she is scared of anything when the rest of the cast aren't scared. I hate that part of her personality, specially in this episode.

Serena, what did you expect when you decided to go on a journey with Ash and co?

Also, I think TR appearance in this episode served noi purpose and it's the worst of their XY appearances so far.

About other stuff...

-Blaziken is owned by Gurkinn.
-The title card of the episode features Korrina.
-The episode ends with Lucario mega Evolving for the first time.

Last edited:

zhixun

I hate Serena in this episode. The reason is that she is scared of anything when the rest of the cast aren't scared. I hate that part of her personality, specially in this episode.

Serena, what did you expect when you decided to go on a journey with Ash and co?

Also, I think TR appearnace here is useless.

Agree with you here about the Rocket Dan because they did nothing. They should not appear like a few episodes ago. For Serena I am fine in it because she showed some character which is better than being a background in my opinion.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Citron finally have another invention that does not explode. His torch was similar to Eipam arm. Lucario's fourth move is Kinzokuon and Bursyamo belongs to her grandfather.
Except his cake cutter didn't explode when he used it back in the Diantha episode.

As for the episode itself. This was a bloody good one. Plenty of cute and funny facial expressions here and there, and good animation overall, though the episode seem to like using the same pose for the gang when they are watching from the sidelines during the battle. Serena sliding near Ash during the photo session was great, and then later when she and Bonnie was scared of entering the game, I like how they were grabbing from behind. If I understood the context, I believe Ash said to Serena that she could stay behind him.

Glad there was little Team Rocket of this episode as it would only detract from this episode since the focus of it was Lucario vs. Blaziken. As per usual he have the underdog trope in play here for both Lucario and Korrina, but what surprised me was it was Ash that prevented anyone from interfering with Korrina's battle, instead of Korrina insisting for them to stay their hand. And man, did Ash looked cool doing that.

The only curious thing is Korrina's photo of the group being burned? Symbolism? or just a visual metaphor used to represent that **** just went down, downtown?

I had such high hopes for this series... and I was right, it just gets better and better with every new episode.

p96822

Evolve me please

Also, I think TR appearance in this episode served noi purpose and it's the worst of their XY appearances so far.

-Blaziken is owned by Gurkinn.
-The title card of the episode features Korrina.
-The episode ends with Lucario mega Evolving for the first time.

Well she is a beginner trainer and you can still have some fear in you

Haha! This episode really shows that Serena has a lot of developing to do. c:

Korrina shines as a character. The battles are so great this season~

nuzamaki90

This episode was great, if it weren't for that pointless moment with TR, this would have been a pretty perfect episode. Their 2 minutes of fame could have been used to add a little more to the battle, but alas

The battle was great too, like really great. Things got serious when Blaziken tossed Lucario like nothing into the water and burnt Korrina's photo. Ash looked awesome telling Clemont and Serena to stand off and let Korirna to handle things. Those two really have some good chemistry.

But does anyone else find it weird that, for the third time in a row, Clemont noticed Lucario using moves without command again? What's going on?

Janovy

Banned
But does anyone else find it weird that, for the third time in a row, Clemont noticed Lucario using moves without command again? What's going on?
It may play a part in the whole 'Lucario goes crazy thing'. They're definitely setting something up. I personally believe that could be why Lucario goes berserk. If it did stuff on its own with Korrina, without her command, how will Mega Evo influence Lucario?

NPT

Just a member
Whoa, I wasn't expecting Korrina's face to show up on the title sceen! That was a nice surprise.

Anyway, the battle between Lucario and Blaziken was awesome. I'm glad Ash didn't let anyone interfere the battle and let Korrina handle the whole thing.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It was a good episode, no doubt, and I especially loved all of the characters' facial expressions (more specifically Korrina and Serena). However, the only thing that bothered me is that we still haven't seen so much as a hint of Team Flare since the Mega Evolution special and was hoping we'd see one here since it's one of the most important areas of their story arc. Well, at least we got to see the Ultimate Weapon, sort of

Last edited:

zhixun

title card shows korrina? um what we even have a title card for our fair lady - wow i guess korrina might really be a temporary companion for ash & co

Indeed Corni was shown in the title card other than the four main characters. I think this is another time since Pikachu was on the card back in XY019.

zhixun

...I'm getting the feeling Korrina is actually more than a temporary companion...

...Naaaaah, the writers wouldn't have five main human characters at once.

Five main characters will be too many considering Citron/ Eureka/ Serena did not receive enough attention. So Corni should leave the cast later otherwise we will have another background character.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Did that old man ever say sorry for burning Korrina's fatal family shot picture?

Five main characters will be too many considering Citron/ Eureka/ Serena did not receive enough attention. So Corni should leave the cast later otherwise we will have another background character.

On the other hand, she could be the perfect scapegoat for Ash never touching Mega Evolution, and she does own a hyped Pokemon to boot. Imagine the sales at those Japanese stores skyrocketing!

CAN'T HAVE ENOUGH MEGA CHARIZARD X?! HAVE MEGA LUCARIO!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

(By the way, I'm not being serious with this.)

Last edited: