• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Cave of Trials (834)

Dax

Legend
My favorite episode from the XY series so far. Korrina's character is fun to follow and to root for which is making this Mega Evolution arc a thrill to watch. While the animation was rocky at times, I enjoyed the battle even if it included two overhyped pokemon. It's sad that a character like Korrina has accomplished in two episodes something Serena hasn't during all the saga: depth, entertainment and charisma. I'm still hoping her time comes, but I was sad that she (and Bonnie) were rendered completely useless during the episode.

RVD_fan

The battle was awesome, but I was a little disappointed that Blaziken belonged to the mentor. I miss the days when wild Pokemon were actually threatening obstacles.

A pretty good episode even though I'm still not a huge fan of Korrina.

nameman

This was a great episode. While I loved all the high parts, I also liked the little touches with that Helioptile evolving with the Sun Stone.

The battle was awesome, but I was a little disappointed that Blaziken belonged to the mentor. I miss the days when wild Pokemon were actually threatening obstacles.

While it could be owned by Team Flare, evil Malamar is still on its own as of right now... Pangoro in The Bamboozling Forest was also pretty threatening to the group and Team Rocket until it lost all of its motivation.

This was a great episode. While I loved all the high parts, I also liked the little touches with that Helioptile evolving with the Sun Stone.

Agreed. Little touches like that always make an episode for me.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ash's Pikachu deciding not to evolve was brought up again it seems. Glad it was like this than yet another Raichu episode. Serena was enjoyable for the small things she did. I don't know, I'm still not feeling this whole Mega Lucario arc thing yet.

Seviper009

ii kanji
I've got the feeling Korrina might be a stayer, maybe not a main character (wouldn't be sad if she was).

But it's quite weird for Korrina to have her own titlecard, while Team Rocket doesn't. I mean, episode 29 was obviously a Team Rocket episode (also Clemont, I know), but they didn't receive it yet.

The episode was good, enjoyed the fight between Blaziken and Lucario and also the little things like the photo and Korrina jumping in joy. Only thing I didn't get, why was the burning of the photo so dramatic? Why was it even needed?

They actually used a remixed version of BGM from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew at the end, or was it my imagination?

Last edited:

nameman

I've got the feeling Korrina might be a stayer, maybe not a main character (wouldn't be sad if she was).

But it's quite weird for Korrina to have her own titlecard, while Team Rocket doesn't. I mean, episode 29 was obviously a Team Rocket episode (also Clemont, I know), but they didn't receive it yet.

The episode was good, enjoyed the fight between Blaziken and Lucario and also the little things like the photo and Korrina jumping in joy. Only thing I didn't get, why was the burning of the photo so dramatic? Why was it even needed?

They have yet to play a protagonistic role (except Meowth). Unless an episode fully focuses on either one of the three, don't expect any to get a title card.

nuzamaki90

The picture represented the bond Korrina had with her new friends and it being destroyed by Blaziken caused her and Lucario to get up and get serious. It was their resolute to redeem themselves after being pushed around by Blaziken.

And that redeeming not only won them the battle, but also the Lucarionite and the fact that the Camera Guy reprinted the picture.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This almost felt like a filler imo, except with Korrina and Lucario having the roles of troubled COTDs. I didn't care about their hardships, although Blaziken was cool. Too bad about TR's role (or lack thereof).

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I was surprised Team Rocket didn't show up in this episode. I wish I knew what the characters were saying. Why was Blaziken in the cave with its owner? Episode was average for me. It was nice seeing Korrina trying to find the mega stone. The sneak peak for the next episode is making me excited. Looks like Korrina hasn't gotten full control over Mega Lucario, a nice touch from the games where it seems easy to control a mega evolution.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
They did appear here though. :confused:

They showed up, but didn't try a scheme against the group because they blast off beforehand.

Supersonicbro

Pretty good episode, as everyone mentioned, I liked the photo moment and korrina is becoming a really cool character (better than the game version).

So did clemont finish the heliolisk gear because he used it this episode and it looked complete.

And I liked how clemont noticed that Lucario attacked on it's own for a bit, that was some good foreshadowing that was small enough that it could be missed.

The battle was cool and the whole picture burning part kinda showed the danger korrina was in and the seriousness of the battle. And that made me wonder how the battle would have ended if it was a wild blaziken. Most of the serious battles we see are gym battles with official rules. Korrina almost got burned by Blaziken (even though it obviously held back a bit because it was her grandfathers) and Lucario using bone rush to pin it down and finish it would have been a pretty serious hit if it wasn't stopped.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's a pretty good episode I'll say.
Now after looking at the preview, I know they'd going to make Mega Luke way stronger than it really is.
(Even though it's super strong in the games)

Sephora

yes I'm back
- Korrina is so hyper that it's making me tired
- I love how Lucario shares his owners disposition even if it is milder. All the other Lucarios were so badass and serious, while this one is smiling most of the time.
- Korrina in the title card... Ooh
- The evolution stones are pretty on display
- I like how they demonstrated the use of an evolutionary stone
- You know how Ash doesn't want to evolve his Pikachu? I always thought that what if someone just sneaked up behind him and touched a Thunder Stone to Pikachu? Wouldn't it evolve? lol
- LOL at Serena looking at the little gems (?) on display instead of helping the others look xD
- Wait, why does a guy want their photo? I get that it is a reference to the games, but... why?
- Hehe at Serena sidling close to Ash during the picture
- Clemont is so camera shy that it's hilarious
- Aww Serena was blushing over the picture hehe
- Does TR have superhuman strength that I don't know about? How were they able to move those HUGE boulders with their bare hands?
- I like how Clemont's glasses from far away are tinted, and close up they are not. It's the small things :)
- Serena is so scared lol, poor thing
- The expressions in this episode are very funny, especially Serena's (namely, this one).
- The way the Lucarionite is placed in the cave, it reminds me of The Cave of Wonders from Aladdin
- Wow didn't see that coming with the picture burning. Slow motion too for dramatic effect xD
- The way Blaziken grabbed Lucario's face and flung him like that was pretty harsh
- Was Serena gonna help Korrina and was stopped by Ash? Whyyy?
- Is he Korrina's grandpa? His eyebrows are looooooong. And what kind of a grandpa is that anyway? Letting his Blaziken use Flamethrower on his granddaughter?

This was a better episode than the one before, I'll give it that. I am not very into the Mega Evolution and Korrina mini arc to be honest, but it's something different at least.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I wonder why they decided to burn Korrina's picture... She obviously was ecstatic about having a group picture and it showed well how quickly she became friends with the group but the picture burns within an hour. I was sad to see that happening. I'm still curious to know if it meant something specific. Like if she would have to leave the group eventually but that even though they will be separated, friendship lasts forever.
... or they just decided to burn it to add a dramatic effect, which would be the most logical answer... :D'

nameman

I wonder why they decided to burn Korrina's picture... She obviously was ecstatic about having a group picture and it showed well how quickly she became friends with the group but the picture burns within an hour. I was sad to see that happening. I'm still curious to know if it meant something specific. Like if she would have to leave the group eventually but that even though they will be separated, friendship lasts forever.
... or they just decided to burn it to add a dramatic effect, which would be the most logical answer... :D'

Both reasons together sound good.

Navin

MALDREAD

It's just supposed to show that **** just got real and Korrina is going to win now. But uh it was a bit random and pretty melodramatic.

Anyway, this entire arc seems to just be a filler mini-arc of Mega Evolutions. Korrina is a pretty good character, dare I say even better than the two females of the group.

Okay episode, not the best of XY but far from the worst.