• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Cerise Laboratories Become a Target! (1167)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1167.jpg

The Cerise Laboratories Become a Target!​

At night, the Pokémon data that Ash & Goh have researched has been deleted from the lab computer. Goh decides to go searching for the culprit but, at the next night, Drizzile notices something floating around the lab while practicing its Water Gyn move. Will they be able to find the thief and recover the data?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
if only it didnt have the evolution
Too late.

eca.png

A bit of a nitpick, related to the series as a whole. Anyone else bothered by Hayashi's composition? They sound more like what you'd hear in MHA than Pokemon, heck, it doesn't even feel 'Pokemon' like Miyazaki's composition used to do. Like, there's a plethora of soundtracks from the games and past series that can be remixed for this series. One of the better things about the recent Alola filler was the use of regional game soundtracks.

And since I brought it up in this episode's thread, I'll elaborate. It's somewhat annoying that this episode all manner of unique soundtracks playing yet the previous episode had some slow paced and generic tracks that felt out of place during the battle and made it feel less intense than what it should have been.

Oh yeah, Deko Akao's OOC Ash writing strikes again.

EDIT: I also got the validity seal of approval!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

A bit of a nitpick, related to the series as a whole. Anyone else bothered by Hayashi's composition? They sound more like what you'd hear in MHA than Pokemon, heck, it doesn't even feel 'Pokemon' like Miyazaki's composition used to do. Like, there's a plethora of soundtracks from the games and past series that can be remixed for this series yet.

And since I brought it up in this episode's thread, I'll elaborate. It's somewhat annoying that this episode all manner of soundtracks playing yet the previous episode had some slow paced and generic tracks that felt out of place during the battle and made it feel less intense than what it should have been.

Oh yeah, Deko Akao's OOC Ash writing strikes again.
It annoyed me to pieces tbh

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah it played as expected based on the manga translation
The episode's concept I have no problem with, its cute af and the ending scene with Goh reminiscing about Sobble and Drizzile and together both Inteleon and Goh look upto the night sky again, this time each being able to wipe away one's tears
The concept is great, the ending scene is beautiful, that cerise fan plot is bonkers in a fun way
Even Drizzile was cool
Its just that its evolution into Inteleon is so rushed and still feels undeserved. If only this episode came after 1-2 more episodes focusing on Drizzile, then this would have been MUCH better
Atleast Inteleon was cool but still peeved this episode happened before atleast more Drizzile episodes but alas
Goh and Inteleon do make a great team. Please have Goh use Inteleon against Volcarona!

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
OOC? Why? Because he says Data in a funny way? Cmon man
Not (just) that.

Being written in an overly flanderized way with some of his traits like his hunger or enthusiastic behavior greatly exaggerated (even if for small segments). Not ironically, he behaves in a completely non-reactive manner even when Goh and Drizzile are at a disadvantage.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.

Yeah after the manga leaks there was no way the evolution *wasn’t* going to be rushed to all hell. Were Intelleon’s and Goh’s interactions at the end cute? Yeah. But it doesn’t make up for the utterly botched and rushed development of Sobble.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not (just) that.

Being written in an overly flanderized way with some of his traits like his hunger or enthusiastic behavior greatly exaggerated (even if for small segments). Not ironically, he behaves in a completely non-reactive manner even when Goh and Drizzile are at a disadvantage.
Yeah no, it seemed pretty on point to me. Ash's 'non reactive' manner was because the focus was on Inteleon, Ash stealing that away would have been bad for the episode as a whole. Atleast they had Ash be in a tower upwards to Goh and Inteleon but that isnt really a case of OOC at all.
And Ash's hunger wasnt overexaggerated, its a gag and they used it, same with the data thing. No point looking so deep into it to characterise Ash as OOC all of a sudden

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah after the manga leaks there was no way the evolution *wasn’t* going to be rushed to all hell. Were Intelleon’s and Goh’s interactions at the end cute? Yeah. But it doesn’t make up for the utterly botched and rushed development of Sobble.
I know right. I wasnt really invested in Drizzle tbh. Couldnt get into it.

BlueLight

I agree, Drizzile's evolution was rushed in the last few minutes. He should have evolved at least 2-3 episodes after this episode. We needed to see more of Drizzile because character development was greatly needed. All we saw before his evolution was just his isolationist personality. I'd say that Scorbunny's character development was better than Sobble's. But still Sobble's story and development was great too.

UnovaMaster

Glad that Drizzile didn't overstay its welcome just because people wanted a slow lumbering Drizzile to be a battle prodigy

Journeys has made the execs back off with how many episodes they need for marketing starters and I love that