• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Cerise Laboratories Become a Target! (1167)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
No? Go is a crybaby, is consistent with his character. I think everyone is judging Go's reaction because they would react different in that situation, for Go that data is important, maybe don't for you and that's OK, the reaction depend on what kind of person you are
I’d probably react that way if a bunch of work that was important to me was destroyed.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
........... Wait.
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

This *actually* happened. All of it. To the damned letter. I...
The security in Sakuragi's Lab is so bad.
That it is.
This isn't a matter of screentime or focus. Goh was being overpowered by Kecleon whilst Yabashi was boasting about it having special training. From Ash's POV, Goh is loosing and needs help. And had he offered it, which would be in line with his character, Dirrizile like you said would probably not get a solo standoff and evolve as a result of Goh protecting it, which is preciselly why Ash not helping is an issue, his character is contradicted for the sake of an emotional payoff. Framing it as positive for preciselly the reasons it's a problem... Doesn't sit well with me, sorry.
Perfectly well said. Just say Ash overslept or end up separated from Goh for some plot-related reason.

Even a simple bit where Ash and Pikachu DO try to intervene just for Drizzile to put a "it's my fight" or something like that.
Pure, my foot. We all know what she was thinking when she turned pink.
It reminds me of this comedy show from here, that has a character who is all pure but tends to have those dirty thoughts
Im begging for an eyeroll emoji in this forum coz idk how else to even react to this lol. Its a kids show, how are people so bad when it comes to comprehending a damn kids show
I want this one and the puking one too :p

elrato

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooo, because...-snip-
I think I would disagree entirely with "it is an issue'', the fact that you personally take issue with abstraction in media for children that has always used of abstraction and logical leaps in it's setting might be unfortunate for you but I don't think it is the show's problem. Sakuragi is a scientist that is already using children as data-gathering fellowship members instead of other professional researchers, that alone already makes it clear the work is not going for nitty gritty logical sense with reality due to it's audience and tone, we have human characters hit by electrical bolts and other elemental attacks and surviving it with no lasting damage, we have law enforcement that exists properly only when the plot calls for it, the anime's world has always played fast and loose. Our personal feelings don't really factor into this outside of "do I still enjoy it or not?" because the media has already set long ago that it is not going for high-end high-detail believility and has clearly connected with audiences despite those logical leaps since 25 years later the show still runs healthy.

And the "10 year olds roaming the world" detail was brought up to show that even in the show's base lore there is already discrepancy that headbutts directly with values and concepts of our world, and thus, something as simple as "an episode didn't bother giving us a line about the back-up data" is completely in line with the media's pre-set pillars of abstraction even on a base level.

If you can go 25 years without an explanation on how absurd the world's setting is when it comes to every scene where the characters require medical help or resources for survival in the wild being hand-waved all the time then it is weird to recquire an entire scene tackling the subject of the back-up data. Are you willing to believe Ash and co. simply bought food off-screen? Then you can likely believe the Kecleon hacker fiddled with the back-up off-screen too, at the end of the day it is inconsequential to the material and it's intended audience (which is significantly younger than us, we are merely going along for the ride).

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
"Nuance troll points"

I like how you talk about people engaging in bad faith putting you off from this forum while slinging wild accusations like this and using inflammatory language against people who criticize this show. You are litelary engaging in bad faith while complaining aboud bad faith, which applies to a lot of people here and it's really infuriating.

Anyways, since I already adressed why applying reall world logic to this show is okay, and I agree with you that people who misinterpret the show to come across as quirky are annoying and make a bad name for people who have more valuable things to say, I wanted to adress the point about adults being incompetent.

When I say bad faith posting I’m referring to people who mainly post for the sake of clout/quirk factor and nothing more by digging at some incorrect/bad misinterpretation of the episodes or character for the sake of it and appearances? Would be like if I said:

“Satoshi is just as bad as Gengar’s former trainer due to it’s lack of usage. He’s essentially abandoned it to Sakuragi’ lab and is also a neglectable/abusive trainer!”

That kind of post of me taking what isn’t an issue in universe and trying to meme and force it as a real issue within the same. When I see these “Go is a psychopath/thief/collector villain”-type post. I become grateful I’d been more mindful about not getting too wrapped into these threads. Concerning Satoshi, concerning Go, concerning PM…just explicitely baity stuff ad nauseam at times it’s hard to tell whose genuine and whose just trying assert an aesthetic these days :S

EDIT: That’s not to say I dislike it all, meta meme-posting can be funny at times but I genuinely am not sure if people are taking those fanon-interpretations to heart or not. BUT- then again it might be better to accept this style of discussion as being the general culture of these forums. :c

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'm kinda worried about, what if that means the writers just just shovel more Goh stuff/freebies or dumb filler?
And I like Inteleon, but everytime I see Goh uses his in the future, I gonna feel a sense of disgust...
Do the writers for JN only listen to positive feedback and ignore the negative feedback, you know like Grookeys intro episode?
I guarantee you, thousands of women being enamored with Inteleon isn't going to have any impact on what Goh gets

Illusio

No words, only rage
Better episode than I expected but still have issues with it.
+Liked Drizzile/Inteleon’s characterization in this episode. Can’t wait to see it more in the future
+Actually made me care somewhat for the scientists
+COTD had an interesting design. Liked the emoting visor and his Garchomp styled jet pack. Kecleon was also a good choice for Drizzile to face off against.
+I liked that Go just vents to his Pokémon.

-Ash just sat there while someone who stole their data is just casually taunting and attacking his friend because?
-Felt like the data loss was a bit contrived. There’s seriously no backups?
-Evolution for Drizzile is severely held back by the lack of focus since it’s first evolution.
-Why didn’t anyone else actively look for the data at night? Why didn’t anyone look at the the cameras?

Fine episode in a vacuum but in terms of Inteleon’s “arc” since it was a Sobble, the payoff feels lukewarm. 7.5/10

Pretty much my thoughts. In a vacuum it's a good episode, but taking it apart and putting it against the rest of the series it shows its weak points. It's a perfect example of the problems with Inteleon's arc, its concept is great, the execution is terrible. If we saw Drizzile training earlier, or at all, this would've been a better payoff.

Still, Inteleon's voice is as smooth as silk. No wonder the fangirls and boys are swooning.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So no, just because people can suspend their disbelief for all the nonsense you described that doesn't mean they are obligated to accept a genius like Sakuragi not thinking to create backups of his data, especially not after the first robbery when he wanted to improve security so desperatelly he fell into a semi depression when his improved measures failed.
Oh…I can believe that. First hand experience tells me that this happens, especially in organizations run by “geniuses.” Sometimes, they think they’re backing things up, but they can’t actually restore from the backup. Sometimes, the backups get deleted or corrupted. Sometimes, what they think of as a backup isn’t actually a backup. Sometimes, the users put data in places that aren’t being backed up. And sometimes, organizations have blind spots.

But that’s beyond what the target audience would understand. The episode abstracted things for pre-teens. Its easier for the audience, and the writers, to just say the data is deleted and move on with the rest of the plot. These little details may be nice for us as adults, but they don’t really add anything for most kids.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
When I say bad faith posting I’m referring to people who mainly post for the sake of clout/quirk factor and nothing more by digging at some incorrect/bad misinterpretation of the episodes or character for the sake of it and appearances? Would be like if I said:

“Satoshi is just as bad as Gengar’s former trainer due to it’s lack of usage. He’s essentially abandoned it to Sakuragi’ lab and is also a neglectable/abusive trainer!”

That kind of post of me taking what isn’t an issue in universe and trying to meme and force it as a real issue within the same. When I see these “Go is a psychopath/thief/collector villain”-type post. I become grateful I’d been more mindful about not getting too wrapped into these threads. Concerning Satoshi, concerning Go, concerning PM…just explicitely baity stuff ad nauseam at times it’s hard to tell whose genuine and whose just trying assert an aesthetic these days :S

EDIT: That’s not to say I dislike it all, meta meme-posting can be funny at times but I genuinely am not sure if people are taking those fanon-interpretations to heart or not. BUT- then again it might be better to accept this style of discussion as being the general culture of these forums. :c
It was pretty clear you were talking about the hyperbait posts that offer one liners with no substance behind them to just **** on the show and complain about trivial things, make up characterizations (Goh is a hoarder) and don't make genuine criticisms.
Also pretty clear you're putting down those people and the culture, and not everyone who criticises.
@LazySpy so saying he's being in bad faith to everyone is also bad faith in itself....we are stuck in a bad faith cycle at this point :p

Animac

I loved most of Sun and Moon, but I was still weirded out by ash on this episode. He has always been "stupid", but not that kind of stupid, It felt like one of those parody abridges series you can see on youtube. And the music... i'm sorry but I feel like every new soundtrack of this series is worse than the previous one. The songs from the first episodes were amazing but it was all downhill from there.
That being said... the "backup" discussion is a bit exagerated, the fact that the episode represented erased files with folders with a little cross over them should tell you the kind of knowlegde the series expect from the audience. I know some of you hate the "its a kid show" argument but... well, that's it... its a kid show, don't think much about it. We are adults, we know how servers work, kids mostly don't.

Kaye Cruiser

We are adults, we know how servers work, kids mostly don't.
In the modern era where even the youngest kids have smartphones, tablet and gaming handhelds with their data up on a cloud server tha they themselves ar taught how to access by said devices and reach for stuff anytime they want, that's easily the most unbelievable statement I've read in this entire thread. Kids aren't that out of time with technology, man. Especially with how much it's used in school even at an early age. C'mon.

UglyToast

........... Wait.
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

This *actually* happened. All of it. To the damned letter. I...
The security in Sakuragi's Lab is so bad.
Apparently even a restaurant with robots has better security than a lab, that's sad.

Morax

King of heroes
All of it. First off, how *did* he survive all that when he's a regular human, second, I litelary broke all of it down in my rant, Charizard smoking Ash would fall into the "it's exxagaration for comicall effect" realm but even then the idea is contradicted by how seriously everyone seems to treat Pokemon.
Are there examples of pokemon lethality that are not exaggerated for comic relief? i don't remember anybody dying, getting 3rd degree burns or so breaking bones.

Morax

King of heroes
That's my point. I don't think it's accurate to say that the pokemon world is a dangerous place because the characters never get hurt or anything.

I presume it's because they don't want to show things like this in a children's cartoon. Characters in universe still display concern about it, though, and again we have plenty of terrorist teams that can steal people's Pokemon for nefarious purposes, this world has endured multiple world ending threats etc, so yes, I believe there would be significant amounts of concern for children casually walkin' around.
They're just empty concerns though. It's a classic case of "tell don't show". I won't believe there's certain danger until sh.it actually happens.

UglyToast

That's my point. I don't think it's accurate to say that the pokemon world is a dangerous place because the characters never get hurt or anything.

They're just empty concerns though. It's a classic case of "tell don't show". I won't believe there's certain danger until sh.it actually happens.
Probably because Humans adapted to Pokemon attacks, that's why they don't get hurt too much from basic attacks.

Morax

King of heroes
JN036 where innocent people almost got killed?
The keyword being almost. Nobody was hurt.
Did she kill anyone?
Characters in universe believe they can get hurt but because they never have on screen that means its not valid concern?
From an out-of-universe perspective it's an empty concern. I don't need to feel for the character because i know they're not going to lose anything. "Danger" in this anime is used as a cheap plot device.

>but the characters feel fear!
Yeah i don't care. I don't live inside the pokeworld. If you can't make your audience feel that sense of danger then it's bad writing, is what it is.