• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Cerise Laboratories Become a Target! (1167)

UglyToast

I only agree with your last statement here. Yes, the writers should account for the fact that these are simple human beings in a world of magicall creatures which can kill them by accident.

And one way to do it would be have them display concerns about children going out on adventures around the world by educating them about trainership.
Like I said before, humans become more adapted to live on the world, like animals does, it takes them a while but they do, probably the same case.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
So i finally watched the episode, and I honestly can’t feel anything from the lost of the data. The ‘data’ itself felt so vague i don’t even know how it’s supposed to represent the memories when we never even see them gather data of the sort before. It’s just another case of journeys ‘telling, not showing’ how important something we never see actually is to force out some kind of emotional payoff. It also reminds me that ‘research fellows’ is just another concept that was setup as a cheap justification for travel rather than being properly explored.

You know what would’ve been good? If throughout the series the episode ends with goh noting down his observation and pictures in a logbook of sorts as a sort of daily episode recap. Not only will show him doing actual observations and data taking, rather than just being a catch maniac, it would also give viewers more attachment toward their memories and ‘data’.

Aside from that, we already knew the evolution was going to be rushed and dissapointing and that’s exactly what it was.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You know what would’ve been good? If throughout the series the episode ends with goh noting down his observation and pictures in a logbook of sorts as a sort of daily episode recap. Not only will show him doing actual observations and data taking, rather than just being a catch maniac, it would also give viewers more attachment toward their memories and ‘data’.
It's actually a good idea. Said notes could even replace the need of a narrator, would allow for a "previously on Pokémon" for multi-parters or other relevant episodes to allow viewers who missed something be up to date.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well, I can tell you that I try my best to offer my genuine thoughts on this show and apply my standards consistently to stuff outside of Journeys. I can see where you are coming from, though. I agree people who make statements like these can be frustraing to deall with.

I guess your post upset me a bit because you lumped "adults are incompetent" and "applying reall life logic to a fictionall show" as troll points when I frankly believe they are fairly strong and honest criticizms.

But @SerGoldenhandtheJust is... Right IG, we are stuck in a bad faith cycle, so lets break it. Friends? :3
You've always been a person who's argued in good faith and gives genuine criticism <3
And I understand how those two being seen as troll points can upset you, but I think overall his post is more towards the stuff I mentioned in my last post

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It's actually a good idea. Said notes could even replace the need of a narrator, would allow for a "previously on Pokémon" for multi-parters or other relevant episodes to allow viewers who missed something be up to date.
True, having goh as a narrator could work. So it’ll be a log of his adventure and memories, with the anime being framed as goh recoubting it. But most importantly having goh visually take notes and observations on a constant basis would actually make his ‘to understand pokemon’ line feel actually real instead of an excuse to not get blasted by mewtwo.

Morax

King of heroes
No.
But she died when her plane crashed into a lake and exploded.

As did all of her henchmen inside.

I........
*Sighs*

You don't feel the danger of characters potentially dying because they didn't get hurt in the end? That sounds almost like you lack basic empathy, I'm sorry. I really didn't want to say it but that's how it honestly sounds like.

I only agree with your last statement here. Yes, the writers should account for the fact that these are simple human beings in a world of magicall creatures which can kill them by accident.

And one way to do it would be have them display concerns about children going out on adventures around the world by educating them about trainership.
How does pointing out the sh.it quality of the show make me a cold-hearted person? I don't feel nothing because there's nothing to feel. The writing is so down the gutter that the sense of danger never reaches the audience. Here's an example of how "danger" works while making you care about the people involved :

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I just noticed the quote to me even if a bit late.

The first comment is subjective. Since that victory came at the cost of contrived writing, it's not better to me (and many agree with that sentiment). For a comparison, I felt the Z-move finisher in the last episode was poorly handled which dampened my enjoyment of what came before.

Second one is a strawman, he's literally a few feet away, and Pikachu is capable of making big leaps from higher positions without any risk. Third one is an even worse strawman, your defense for not having Ash do anything is a whataboutism at him having "stolen enough focus in the past", wut m8? Last I recall, the tagline was 'co-protagonist'. This isn't even about focus like you're implying, this is about not respecting consistency of a character's writing (which Akao has a nasty history of in this series).

@LazySpy and @Spider-Phoenix already gave better and detailed responses pertaining to this topic and the latter even provided a simple solution as to alleviate the issue.
Fair enough, it's still pretty much a non issue for me and while Inteleon evolving so fast is contrived writing, having Ash interfere would have made it worser in my eyes. I'm fine with how Ash was used in this episode

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
That's why I pointed to Spider's post; something as simple as Drizzile telling Ash and Pikachu to hold back would have alleviated the entire issue of him being OOC and non-reactive in the face of Goh and Drizzile taking a beating.
I don't think it's OOC
More of a case of Plot convenience
Im guessing the writer for this episode doesn't usually write Ash well so you're too sure he/she will write Ash OOC and so finding these moments as such but they honestly are more plot convenience then OOC
Would that Drizzile thing be nice? Sure, but it not happening doesn't bother me still and the Ash thing is still a non issue for me

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I haven’t watched the episode but is that seriously the music they used? Wow it sounds bad and doesn’t fit.
I didn't see this reply but....

Personally I think the music fits Inteleon quite well. Since I'm almost certain the Romantic Spanish guitar was meant to be an indirect way of hinting at Inteleon's personality as literally just a few moments later it starts "seducing" the female Kecleon

Also a bit subjective but I think it sounds nice.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Surprised people are complaining about more about Ash not battling than Ash physically searching for Data in the beginning considering Twitter is having a meltdown about it currently. Not that I particularly care about either scenario that much just thought I point it out

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Surprised people are complaining about more about Ash not battling than Ash physically searching for Data in the beginning considering Twitter is having a meltdown about it currently. Not that I particularly care about either scenario that much just thought I point it out
I legit thought that was hilarious but I can see why people are upset about it

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash physically searching for Data in the beginning considering Twitter is having a meltdown about it currently
Wait, really? I see no reason for them to get crazy with it. It does fit Ash being kind of a dummy when it comes to current tech. Really what's exactly the issue with it? I simply don't see it

Soniman

Break the Limit
Wait, really? I see no reason for them to get crazy with it. It does fit Ash being kind of a dummy when it comes to current tech. Really what's exactly the issue with it? I simply don't see it
Ash used computers before in a few episodes so people are mad it insults his intelligence or something. The usual complaints you get when this happen (muh muturity), I just thought it was a quick amusing little gag that doesn't really deserve much thinking about but I guess not

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
The ash looking for data thing wasn’t outrageous to me, but it did kind of stood out to me.

I personally thought the joke wasn’t funny, and just an eyeroll moment. Though it did make me think his concern and sadness over the lost of the data ends up looking not genuine in a way, when he is immediately shown to have absolutely no clue or understanding about what was lost right after. Just ended making him look like he was just going with the flow more than anything, which i don’t think was the intention.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That's why I pointed to Spider's post; something as simple as Drizzile telling Ash and Pikachu to hold back would have alleviated the entire issue of him being OOC and non-reactive in the face of Goh and Drizzile taking a beating.
Given the kids were oh so sad about the data loss, I don't think Pikachu would have listened. Not exactly a fight to prove oneself.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash used computers before in a few episodes so people are mad it insults his intelligence or something. The usual complaints you get when this happen (muh muturity), I just thought it was a quick amusing little gag that doesn't really deserve much thinking about but I guess not
How weird of a niptick. One thing is using a computer, another is understanding technical words like "data" is.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
How weird of a niptick. One thing is using a computer, another is understanding technical words like "data" is.
Makes you wonder why cerise still even has ash as a research fellow. He obviously doesn’t even know what he’s doing there when he doesn’t even understand the concept of data.

Guess he just has that much budget to burn.