• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Champ Twins! (497)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Croconaw didn't have much appearances when compared to Quilva really. Now this isn't too much of a bad episode, it was kind of funny how Dawn and Ash were fighting. And it is kinda like the bicker, the better only James and Jesse weren't fighting this time and tried to steal the Johto starters.

Interesting that Aqua Jet and Ice beam are later used as a combo in the contests.

saar

Shiny Flygon
It was good to see Croconaw and Quilava again in the show.
Ash's Turgtwig-I've expected from it to be calm with Piplup.... It is a Grass pokemon.

Wow, another episode review thread that has no posts along the lines of "maybe this is foreshadowing to Ash's Totodile and Cyndaquil coming back!"

Ash and Dawn need to learn to get along if they encounter any more tag battles in the future, or they are going to tun into problems.

I was looking at the pictures from the episodes just to refresh my memory and my favorite pictures are the very first one with Piplup and Turtwig evilly staring each other down.

Also, Kung-Fu Turtwig!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The one thing could have been avoided, is that if Piplup could stop constantly bumping into other Pokemon. This wasn't the first and last time this has happended where it's clumsiness had cost fights to break out. Too clumsy is not good in a tag battle.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Can't believe Ash and Dawn lost to the champ twins in the first battle even if they were fighting

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Croconaw and Quilava for the 1st time in awhile. It was cool to see Ash and Dawn team up to do a Double Battle vs the Twins. I'm not surprised they lost the 1st battle since they were not working well at all as a team. It was hilarious when the sound guy kept hitting the reporter and jessie in the head with the microphone. It was great to see Ash and Dawn come up with a strategy and then winning the rematch with it.

50/100

Last edited:
Can't believe Ash and Dawn lost to the champ twins in the first battle even if they were fighting

Wow, there seems to be a lot of things that you people "can't belive". What's wrong with them losing to the champ twins?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Looking back, I thought Ryan and Bryan were such forgettable COTDs. I loved the Sinnoh Now reporter though as well as Team Rocket's various antics here. I was pleased to see Turtwig and Piplup being uncoordinated in the Tag Battle, as well as seeing Ash and Dawn at each other's throats. At least Ash and Dawn found their groove eventually.

Rhonda wanted to take shots of the tag battle.
I don't mean to complain, but I really wanted to take shots on those ids for some of those stupid things they said in the beginning.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
While it was neat seeing a Croconaw and Quilava again, Ryan and Bryan annoyed me. Ash and Dawn arguing was funny however and it reminded me of when Ash and May argued during a tag battle in AG.

JudySpell

Banned
This felt like that Ash & May bickering episode from AG. The 2 twins owning Croconaw & Quilava made me miss Ash's Totodile & Cyndaquil. 6/10

Ash and Dawn not getting along was like a reminder of the fourth DP episode. My favorite scene was when they both put their prides aside.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Tsk. I'm not sure exactly how to feel about this episode. On one hand, it's great to see Croconaw and Quilava again. On the other hand, this episode is essentially an inferior version of "The Bicker the Better" from AG. :/

ZilverLox

Banned
While it is more or less a a rehash of The Bicker the Better, I actually liked this episode a lot better. I thought there was a lot more character development between Ash and Dawn than there was between Ash and Maty in the previous episode. I mean, here, they both started making up around the halfway point of this episode, rather than waiting for the climax during a would-be Team Rocket scene, which was really pretty contrived.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was pleasant to see the Shinou Now crew, as well as watching Satoshi and Hikari participate in a tag battle. Even though Pochama and Naetle had zero teamwork against Magmarashi and Alligates at first, I was glad to see them rectify that when they fought the Rocket-dan. The rematch against Isaki and Isamu at the end was a good conclusion.

Daizy

I call you honey
The battle was nice. Dawn wanting to look good on t.v. was funny, but those two boy's voices really started to work on my nerves. Seeing Croconaw and Quilava made me happy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
After seeing Magmarashi and Alligates in this episode, it made me realize that it was such a letdown that Satoshi's Hinoarashi and Waninoko didn't evolve back in OS.

Scorbunnie

Croconaw and Quilava got the attention they so rightfully deserved after being ignored in Johto.

What I didn't like was how Ash and Dawn weren't compatible with their team work at the beginning because they were good friends so they should've had a better grasp on coordinating their strategies.