• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Champ Twins! (497)

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if Turtwig's "Dynamic Entry" attack on Piplup is a foreshadowing of it learning SUPERPOWER?

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was very good. The mic guy was cool. Shouldn’t Ash have learned his lesson about teamwork since that double battle with May? I also thought Jessie was really annoying. The final battle was awesome.

Dax

Legend
For the first time Jessie annoyed me. I just thought none of her appearances were funny. The battle against Team Rocket was better than the final one.

Still it was a great episode.

Sparkleo

Low on power...
*sniff*

It was SO nice to see a Quilava again!
That truly made my day in this episode! (well... that and Turtwig's Dynamic Entry move)

(Quilava>Cyndaquil>Typloshion IMO)

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
For the first time Jessie annoyed me. I just thought none of her appearances were funny. The battle against Team Rocket was better than the final one.

Look I hate Jessie as much as you (judging by countless eps), but sadly we just have to put up with it.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Great Ash-Dawn episode, I like eps that focus on Ash friendship with her because she is the new character and needs to get into the series (but we also need eps like the Drifloon ep without her). Now we know more about Dawn in a way.

Jesse annoyed me but TR: s small screen time was good, this was not a TR ep which was good (thereby not said TR don´t have great eps, like Sweet Baby James and eps like that).

As for the battles, The Champ Twins had 15 - 20 straight victorys, Ash - as a beginner trainer - had 10, so I am not impressed by 15. It looked like all opponents up to Ash and Dawn was pretty much like beginners. AJ on the other hand... :D The first battle was funny and the second great, really showing off how great Ash is as a trainer (heck, he could be a Frontier Brain, those twins could at best be batteling in ordinary gyms) and that Dawn really can stand her own ground in battles.

7/10 points.

Dax

Legend
Look I hate Jessie as much as you (judging by countless eps), but sadly we just have to put up with it.

I don't hate Jessie, I actually love her and she's my favorite Team Rocket member but just in this episode she came off as tiring an annoying.

uber gon

Accept Change
*sniff*

It was SO nice to see a Quilava again!
That truly made my day in this episode! (well... that and Turtwig's Dynamic Entry move)

(Quilava>Cyndaquil>Typloshion IMO)

I wished they showcased LAVA PLUME, thogh.

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
I loved this eppy
Nice ash and dawn fighting
yeah quivila and crocanaw
The news crew is hilarious
More turtwig that pokemon gots style

Rebeccag

this episode was on not one of my favourites but it was ok. I liked how they featured about teamwork and it was also the first episode that showed rhonda who is starting to become one of my fave characters

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode overall was inferior to "The Bicker the Better", which I found a smart and very funny battle-of-the-sexes kind of episode (it's one of my top 5 episodes). I didn't like the guest characters either (although the reporter and her crew can be funny). I did like Jessie trying to hog the camera, and Ash complaining when Dawn kept restyling her hair. LOL

darklord18

I like this episode because we get to some starter that we don't see very much since the johto series but the only thinks that I don't like was that it reminded me of ash and may battle in hoen but it was more funny and battle were well done.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Got to love the Turtwig thing lol and piplup throwing him LMAO
I found this to be a filler but once I saw Sinnoh Now Quilava Totidiles evolve, The Turtwig and Piplup fight I was like ok they got me sold

Torpoleon

After seeing this, it is obvious that Ash and Co. are going to Johto for the new Battle Frontier after this and it might even be true that Cyndaquil and Totodile evolved because the 2 opponents have a Croconaw and Quilava.