• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Champ Twins! (497)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I like this episode. It's one of the few where Quilava makes an appearance

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Nice episode, Ryan and Bryan were funny. Nice to see Ash and Dawn working together!

Rommath

▲_▲
Alright episode, glad Quilava and Croconaw made an appearance. Glad to see Dawn and Ash co-operating in the end to beat the twins. I wonder if they'll appear again in the future? Probably not, they might have just been COTD.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Ash and Dawn work well together when they can stop arguing.

It was nice to see Quilava and Croconaw make an appearance.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
the double battle was really nice to watch i must say that, the cooperation between ash & dawn was fun too.

Tf5174

it's nice to see Quilava and Croconaw again. :)

This episode was hilarious. I liked it when Ash would comment that Dawn's hair looked the same after she ate up 20 seconds to fix it. And boy would she get mad.

Shadow XD001

This was a nice episode. Dawn and Ash weren't the best tag battle partners. The final match was pretyy cool and, of course, the champs would be de- champed.

Torpoleon

They'd probably never get along in a tag battle. No one can prove me wrong sop far because they have not been in any tag battles aside from this one. Well, I mean where they were not paired up together. Seeing Croconaw and Quilava reminded me of Ash's Totodile and Cyndaquil.

Torpoleon

They battle successfully at the end...
True. That battle was way better.

Anyways, I think Ash should have used Pikachu over Turteig. I would have enjoyed seeing Pikachu and Piplup argue. Also, Pikachu has super effective moves against Croconaw and normally effective moves to Quilava.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Seeing Croconaw and Quilava reminded me of Ash's Totodile and Cyndaquil.

This episode is proof why Johto screwed up entirely.

If Ash had a Quilava and Croconaw similar to the ones in this episode, I think people would have really liked Ash's Johto team.

Anyway, do you think the writers knew about HGSS from all the way back here? It wouldn't surprise me if this was very early Johto foreshadowing.

kemal07

This episode is proof why Johto screwed up entirely.

If Ash had a Quilava and Croconaw similar to the ones in this episode, I think people would have really liked Ash's Johto team.

Anyway, do you think the writers knew about HGSS from all the way back here? It wouldn't surprise me if this was very early Johto foreshadowing.

well aparantly it was in the make since DP games were released therefore i think it was deliberate.

When i first saw the twins i was almost certain ive seen the same character style

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Ah, how lovely, the thread randomly becomes active again before my rewatch.

I'm not sure exactly how to feel about this episode. On one hand, it's great to see Croconaw and Quilava again after the debacles that occured in Johto. On the other hand, this episode is essentially an inferior version of "The Bicker the Better" from Hoenn. Yes, it's nice to explore the Satoshi/Hikari dynamic and place some conflict between the two, but it's not done nearly as hilariously as Satoshi/Haruka. And excuse my parallels, but the two green-haired punks really don't hold a candle to that crazy Nido couple. They seemed rather dry and cliche.

It is nice seeing Yuuka in her first full-episode appearance and the assorted cartoon violence that is associated with the boom mic guy. The battles themselves are good but not great, and even give off an unfortunate sense of what could have been in Johto. Rather, I consider the comedy to be this episode's highlight, but it has the misfortune of being in the shadow of a similar episode in Hoenn that, quite frankly, pushed the humor envelope further.

C+

milenadrg

Hm, nothing really special, but STILL interesting episode. The funny part of it were Ash and Dawn...
And it was great seeing Quilava and Croconaw again...

Madame Pika

I haven't seen 'the bicker the better' but this episode annoyed me alot. The only thing good was seeing Dawn and Ash's pokemon attack one annother.

The ending was what really got to me though. Not actual quote as my memory sucks but 'If you don't mind we're going to cut you're first battle as that last one had alot more drama.' The quote itself isn't so bad but why the heck is she asking Dawn and Ash that? Surely she should ask the winners of that battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like this episode. It's one of the few where Quilava makes an appearance

What? Quilava appeared a lot, especially during Pokemon Leagues.

Anyway, a nice way to showcase true double battles again, even if the Sinnoh region rarely uses them. Though it still had this odd feel to it, like Filler, because nothing too grand ever happened. Ash and Dawn battling was fun though so that's something to be happy about. 5/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode, i love Quilava.

this ep was like that episode from Hoenn, but this time Ash and Dawn managed to win because they were given two opportunities.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This was a really great episode, I loved it. I'm glad Quilava and Croconaw made an appearance, they're both awesome. I thought the little fight between Piplup and Turtwig was funny, especially when Turtwig tried to high-5 Piplup and Piplup smacked him, hilarious! The other funny part was how Jack kept hitting the News Reporter Lady in the head with the mic, funny stuff. The Champ Twins were really tough and had good teamwork and I'm glad they weren't sore losers after they lost in the re-match. I also loved the Whirpool/Razor Leaf combo Turtwig and Piplup used to finish the battle, it was quite impressive. Really great episode.