• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Chosen One

Pokemon Z RPG

Little Squirt
This is not based on any show or games or anything, so mods feel free to move this if it doesn't belong here.

The Chosen One

I owe it all to that man. He's the one who got me to where I am today. He taught me how to fight, how to stand my ground, and most of all, how to believe.
It all started on a normal school day of mine. I got home from school and threw my bag on the floor. "Yet another day crap-full of homework." I said. "Suprise, suprise." I sat down at my computer and immediately something caught my eye. Twitter wasn't my home page anymore, it was Facebook! My computer then started operating itself, clicking through the millions of users located on Facebook. After searching for a few seconds, it selected an older man, not really old, but maybe the late 40s. But, instead of a profile on his page, there was a message. It read and I quote, "Greetings, young one. My name is Tony Sniper. I send this message to tell you to come here as soon as possible!" An address flashed on the screen. I continued reading the message. "If you do not arrive soon, the whole world will see it's end! Great warriors are on the way amd we need your help! I will explain more when you get here." Must be some sort of virus I thought. Has to be I ran to the couch and started reading 'The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies'. I was interrupted with a knock on my really old door. I went to the door and I was suprised to find that man from Facebook with the so-called "plead for help" standing there. As soon as I opened the door, he slapped me across my face. "What are you still doing here!?" he yelled. "I, uh... how did you get here so fast?" I asked. "That is not important right now!" He slapped me again. He continued, "I sent you a plead for help, yet you still refused to come! Zach, you are the chosen one, you must come!" I sat down on the couch again. "Look," I said. "The only thing I was ever chosen for was to win this Borders gift card. And even that was a mistake." I took out a used Borders gift card and tossed it across the room. "How could I be the chosen one? What did I ever do to be chosen for this? Huh? Why isn't that body-builder down the street the chosen one? He's strong enough." I asked. Tony looked at me and said, "Zach, it's not about what you do or your strength that makes you the chosen one, it is who you are inside." "You have got to be kidding me. " I said. "The only thing inside me right now is some chicken nuggets and fries, a poptart, and I may have swallowed a piece of gum." "Please, Zach. Come and go through my training and defeat these evil warriors when they come, the world as you know it depends on it!" said Tony. "Alright, fine." I agreed. "Just tell me what I have to do." Tony nods, and we leave my house. When we get to the front yard, I ask "So, how did you get here so fast anyway?" "Just watch." he replied. He grabbed my arm and within seconds we were far away. All around me, there were many training grounds close together, and about 100 fighters training in groups around them. Around this, was just plain grounds. no other signs of civilization were in sight. Tony told me to stay here while he got someone. Soon after, he was back with a large man about 8-feet tall, his bod like a weight-lifter's. I had never seen anyone like him at the time, it felt to unreal, I couldn't believe it. "This is Hulik." said Tony/ "He will be your training partner for a little while before me." I nodded nervously. Hulik took a fighting stance. Was Tony nuts? I couldn't fight him now, I haven't even learned one thing! I thought. Hulik came towards me and punched me in the gut with his huge fist. I covered my stomache with both of my hands. "Oof! That's gonna leave a mark!" I commented, struggling to stand. "This is ridiculous!" I said. "I give up!" "Congratulations! You've passed the first test!" said Tony. "What? But, I gave up!" I saud. "Yes, but only the chosen one would've known to back out of that fight!" said Tony. "Anyone with a shred of sanity would have backed out of that fight!" I said. "Oh yeah..." said Tony. "Either way, you passed the test! From now on, you will be training with me to improve your fighting skills for the fight with the evil warriors who are on their way as we speak." "Who are these evil dudes anyway?" I asked. "You never really told me what's going on here." Tony led me to a table and gathered everyone around ir. "I think it's time I tell you all why you're here and who you'll be fighting.." said Tony. "An evil species called Kentu are on their way from a distant planet as we speak. I believe they are after some of the natural resources we have that they don't and plan on destroying the entire human race in order to get to them It is up to all of you, especially the chosen one, to take down the Kentu species and restore piece to the world. They will arrive in a week so there is not much time! Zach! We have some training to do!" I nodded and everyone went back to what they were doing. Tony and I went to the training grounds and he asked me "Sword or bow 'n' arrow?" "Uh, sword I guess." I answered. Tony throws the sword to me and I catch it by the blade. "OW! MY HAND!" I screamed as I dropped the sword. Tony put his hand to his face and said "Oh boy. This is going to be a LONG week." I ran around in circles, screaming "BAND-AID! BAND-AID! SOMEONE GET ME A STINKIN' BAND-AID!" I ran inside a nearby small building and came out with five Band-aids on my hand. "Ok, ok, I'm alright now. Let's do this!" I said. I held my sword with both of my hands, directly in front of me. He asked me if I was ready and I nodded. He came at me fast, and hit my sword with his, sending it flying across the training grounds. We tried this about twenty more times, every time having the same result. "I have a feeling this training tactic won't be helping you anytime soon." said Tony. I agreed. "So, think of something you like a lot,, the first thing that comes to your head and I will look into your mind and make it appear right here." "I don't know what this will do, but alright." I said. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, there was a big box in front of me. I quickly picked it up and opened it, and what did I see? Chicken nuggets. That's right, a box full of nothing, but the most delicious-looking 50 chicken nuggets I'd ever seen. "I'm in heaven!" I exclaimed as I reached for one. Tony snatched the box from me just before I got the nugget. "Hey!" I yelled at Tony. "Eh, eh, eh." said Tony. He put the box behinf himself and said "Now, let's say I'm the only one in the way of you and your chicken nuggets. Your goal? To get them. Any questio-?" Tony stopped talking when he realized I wasn't in front of him anymore. He turned around to see me eating the last chicken nugget of the box, then dropping the empty box to the floor. I burped. "That's the stuff!" I said. "Outstanding! That was marvelous! Very well done!" said Tony. "Thanks." I replied. "I think we have our new training tactic!" said Tony. I gave him a thumbs-up as I lay down, with my stomache full, gently falling asleep.
For days, Tony and I trained non-stop in order to make me stronger. By the sixth day of the week, I actually stood a chance against the Kentu.

ON THE DAY BEFORE THE KENTU'S ARRIVAL​

"Okay, Zach. Show me all you've learned so far!" said Tony. "Alright." I said as I ran towards Tony. I swung my sword with one hand and it clashed wuth Tony's. I pushed forward harder, sending him sliding across the ground. I imagined a chicken nugget was behind Tony and used the teleportation skill Tony taught me to teleport behind him. I hit Tony with the handle of my sword (so that he wouldn't REALLY be hurt) and grabbed my imaginary chicken nugget. Next, Tony showered me with a rain of arrows which I deflected back at him with my sword. He avoided them and said "Good job. You have unorived very much from your first day. I think you will be able to defeat the Kentu leader, Mash." "Mash?" I asked. "Yes, he is the one you will have the responsibility of fighting and by far the strongest of the Kentu." replied Tony. "Oh, I see." I said. "Now go get some rest." Tony said. "You'll need it for the big day tomorrow, when you will finally get some real action," I nodded and went off to bed.

THE DAY OF THE KENTU'S ARRIVAL​

The next morning, our "army" was standing by, waiting for the Kentu's arrival. We were all lined up, fully armed, and were ready to charge them at the first sign of the Kentu. "There they are!" Hulik said quietly as he spotted the Kentu. They were green and looked sort of like Bionicles, except they were not made of plastic and stuff. The Kentu leader Mash was blue, however. As soon as Tony yelled "CHARGE!" I unsheathed my sword and went straight for Mash. Within seconds, we clashed. He was strong, there was no doubt about that. He couldn't speak English though, and just growled from time to time as we fought. We were slicing and stabbing each other repeatedly, but neither of us looked like we were going to give in. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I could see a Kentu bowman pulling back his bowstring and releasing an arrow straight towards me. Me and Mash were still fighting, and I didn't want to let down my guard. Either way, it looked like a loss for me Then, out of no where, Tony jumped in front of me and got shot with the arrow instead. "NO!!!!!!!!" I yelled so loud that the whole battlefield could hear me. Now my sword was full of rage and was so angry that I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to. I went on what looked like a rampage. I stabbed Mash in the heart four times to make sure he would dies, then I turned around and threw my sword directly in the head of the bowman who shot Tony. They both lay dead on the ground, and I ran over to where Tony was laying on the ground. "Tony, you can't die. This wasn't supposed to happen!" I said to him. "It is alright Zach. It was meant to happen this way. As long as the chosen one was able to save the world, I can die peacefully." said Tony in his dying breath. "Goodbye Zach." "Thank you for everything Tony, and goodbye..."

Now you see why Tony meant so much to me. He taught me so many things, and he made me a better person. He taught me how to fight, how to believe in myself, and in a way, he saved the world, not me. Tony Sniper will live on in me for as long as I live.