• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Cleffa That Became a Star! (1172)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1172.jpg

The Cleffa That Became a Star!

Ash and Goh have gone to Johto after learning of the sky turning pitch-black and morning no longer coming. During their research, they learn that this happened shortly after a girl met with a mysterious Pokémon. While researching further, Ash and Goh meet with the Sinnoh Champion, Cynthia, who is also researching this phenomenon. Will they be able to solve it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
From the pictures we saw it seems that Cynthia's face is not distorted with Journey's artstyle
We will see when it airs

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Any who Gou’s excitement over Shirona was cute, also the interest in the Unown kind of gives that sense of study and brains they both share. Love the way he communicates with the young girl - very soft and curious.

This almost looks like a copy of the Entei movie with a little girls’ strong emotions triggering the Unown’s powers to cause trouble. It’s actually a *bit* menacing and reminded me how creepy she was. Just the crazy hissy fits and dark aura is way too similar.

Animation and art is pretty dynamic at times, also Unown Dark versions fighting mirror matches against both boys. Aceburn looking really insane with those moves as well as Gablias. Shirona staying sane in a Sandstorm and managing to break the illusion/powers and hurt the Unown. Nice.

Kind of a sudden climax? Def very dialogue heavy episode with context. Unown giving the young girl a imagination of her past memories with the Py. I did not catch if the Py died and she was desiring those past memories with it. Def not sure what to think of this in terms of an episode reintroducing Shirona as champ of Sinnoh and a future wall for Satoshi.

It did well by allowing her to break through such an insane illusionary trap no one could tho.

Last edited:
Not really into the episode as I have very little idea what the plot of the story is/what is being said which leads me into not really caring about this girl,

Mostly just felt that the episode has been pretty uninteresting.

Edit: The episode is over now, can't say I was into it. Didn't think Cynthia really played a meaningful role based on what was there.

The preview for the next episode also aired and it looks like they're going through a trial to get the stone?

Last edited:

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Can't say much atm about the events since it was very dialogue heavy and the fact that the plot was a very shortened and blatant copy of M03's in many ways, but the worldbuilding was crap. Johto? Check. Unown? Check. Why not base this near the Ruins of Alph and go full in on the mystery instead of using some unnamed stand-in location? I also take issue with how 'replaceable' Cynthia felt in this episode. You can replace her with, say, Brandon and literally nothing changes with how the episode plays out, like she was only there as hypebait.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
The last episode with Dande/Kibana getting their characterization, interactions and Poplar’s battle with Satoshi as well the fun ending really showed that interesting and fun characterization will sell you more on the likability of a Champion/Gym Leaders rather than battle talents or competence.

Shirona is great as a strong champion but as a character I forgot how I found her pretty lacking…I do enjoy her silent level of confidence and passion for the legendary/lore as the like but I do wish she got some more colorful characterization or interactions.

Oh whale.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Another snooze fest filler episode. Don't know why they needed to make a filler episode when they could just pump out another Goh heavy one instead. Cynthia appearance was wasted and the writers make her interact more with their pet Captain Marvel Goh instead of the kid participating in the PWC (especially after that Volkner episode). Only interesting thing was the preview for ep 84 which is focused on Ash, the protagonist.