• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Cleffa That Became a Star! (1172)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Another snooze fest filler episode. Don't know why they needed to make a filler episode when they could just pump out another Goh heavy one instead. Cynthia appearance was wasted and the writers make her interact more with their pet Captain Marvel Goh instead of the kid participating in the PWC (especially after that Volkner episode). Only interesting thing was the preview for ep 84 which is focused on Ash, the protagonist.
What are Satoshi and Shirona suppose to interact about except the generic lines about battling and getting stronger “Dream Big” generic stuff again? Even in DP I don’t remember them having any super dynamic interactions?

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Am I the only one going to point out Goh Pheromones moment #1345? He's like "Hey Murkrow, join me" and the Pokemon is like "Sure, sis". They're not even trying at this point.
What are Satoshi and Shirona suppose to interact about except the generic lines about battling and getting stronger “Dream Big” generic stuff again? Even in DP I don’t remember them having any super dynamic interactions?
Ash recalling his previous experiences and encounters with illusory Unown maybe? Why restrict things to one line of thinking only? Not every character interaction involving Ash has to be about battling and PWC only.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Ash recalling his previous experiences and encounters with illusory Unown maybe? Why restrict things to one line of thinking only?
Honestly this episode just reminded me how nonexistent Shirona’s relationship with Satoshi was outside of her concern for Shinji/Hikozaru. On their own Satoshi/Shirona literally never really talked or cared about each other just more so maybe the rivalry lmao

Shirona in general just doesn’t have much to her other than her strength, love of ice cream and her interactions/inspiring of young trainers like Iris, Shinji, etc. now that I recall. She got a little mad at Shinji over Hikozaru and put him in his place and helped Iris with her Kairyu but what’s her dynamic with Satoshi or anyone else in the anime compared to her PokeSpe self being more human and vulnerable with real flaws/struggles.

BobbbidyBob

To those who’ve seen the episode was the stuff with the girl and cleffa good?

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Honestly this episode just reminded me how nonexistent Shirona’s relationship with Satoshi was outside of her concern for Shinji/Hikozaru. On their own Satoshi/Shirona literally never really talked or cared about each other just more so maybe the rivalry lmao

Shirona in general just doesn’t have much to her other than her strength, love of ice cream and her interactions/inspiring of young trainers like Iris, Shinji, etc. now that I recall. She got a little mad at Shinji over Hikozaru and put him in his place and helped Iris with her Kairyu but what’s her dynamic with Satoshi or anyone else in the anime compared to her PokeSpe self being more human and vulnerable with real flaws/struggles.
So you're justifying the current lack of in-depth interaction because there haven't been any in-depth interactions between them in the past? No offense, but that sounds very silly and inadmissible. It almost sounds like you don't want there to be anything between the two outside of preconceptions regarding battling only. What's stopping one from being created now, in the present, especially when a confrontation between them is more or less inevitable? Even so, since the PWC was brought up, we hardly found out anything about her standing as of present, it was just glossed over.

If I'm wrong about what you were trying to say then please clarify on what exactly you were going for.

Rohanator

I thought this would just be an okay ep where they find the Cleffa and that's that but the Unowns were actually just giving Kirara more time to get over her loss and the Cleffa was simply gone, a story about a child who'd lost a pet/friend, hit me hard right at the end.

Gou asking Shirona "Why aren't the Unown showing her Cleffa if that's her deepest wish" is a really cool detail that distinguishes this from movie 3, as there the Unowns WERE (in their own twisted ways) simply giving Mii/Molly everything she wanted, these Unowns were still misguided in that their methods caused problems for everyone around Kirara but were more thoughtful and left as soon as they realized they were no longer needed, though ultimately both stories are in their own ways about accepting loss and reality, this was just more grounded.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So you're justifying the current lack of in-depth interaction because there haven't been any in-depth interactions between them in the past? No offense, but that sounds very silly and inadmissible. It almost sounds like you don't want there to be anything between the two outside of preconceptions regarding battling only. What's stopping one from being created now, in the present, especially when a confrontation between them is more or less inevitable? Even so, since the PWC was brought up, we hardly found out anything about her standing as of present, it was just glossed over.

If I'm wrong about what you were trying to say then please clarify on what exactly you were going for.
Chill lol

I was just saying I had forgotten that Satoshi/Shirona largely haven’t interacted much nor have a dynamic. He has more of a spark with Dande than Shirona for example. I think they will remain consistent in how they portray the relationship with the two is all. Even if it’s largely more of just a basic competitive one.

It’s quite telling when she interacts more with Go/Pikachu than him is all.

Morax

King of heroes
Bland...

Next...
Superman : It insists upon itself lois

I’m glad people are beginning to realize how overrated cynthia is.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Yeah that went just about as I expected. There were never going to be enough time for both cynthia and the CotD, so cynthia took a backseat and was there as the clickbait. Pretty underwhelming return ngl, they could’ve at least let her show some of poke history researcher side a bit instead of having goh solve everything before even meeting her. Plus it continues the trend of returning characters not having that much interest in ash, compared to the not ash of the episode, when it’s not a PWC episode. The little girl plot did feel like movie 3 lite.

Is it me or does Garchomp look weaker?
Oh so i wasn’t the only one who thought that. Maybe not weaker, but maybe because of the art style and animtion it felt less intimidating for some reason? Something just felt a bit off.

BobbbidyBob

If Cynthia didn’t get that much screentime maybe they wanted to just introduce her in this ep before she battles Ash in the Masters 8?

mystreon

the elder eevee
>SM’s art style was very fluid

images
it was a god art style and lent very well to what the theme of the region and the anime was,the art style dosent detract from how amazing SM anime was, was very fun, alot of heart and knew when it got serious to treat it seriously.

Side note, did unown always have this much power in the anime? like this is a bit much.

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Oh after checking old clips i think i got what felt off about garchomp this ep. They used to make look taller and leaner, and here it looks kinda stubbier and crouched down. So that probably what mede it look less intimidating.

Risrhayne

This episode was like a mix between Movie 3 and the Minior episode and I kinda enjoy when the anime does the bittersweet ending by having the pokemon of the day stay gone.

I thought the episode was pretty good, if only for the more serious tone. And hey, Grookey actually kinda did something this episode, helping those flowers. I was 100% expecting Grookey to not get a mirror version because they pigged out on the rest of those donuts, but they needed to show how much stronger Cynthia was, so the best bunny made a comeback. I would’ve appreciated seeing Grookey fight, but whatever.

Speaking of Cynthia, someone needs to tell Pikachu her eyes are up there. But then again, he did something similar to Ash’s mom in the aforementioned Movie 3….

Oh and Goh caught a Murkrow. I…honestly thought he had one already. Oh well, we’re never gonna see them again, so who cares?