• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
I was told if you beat Alder, he'll give you a ticket to Hoenn. I was then told that if you have all three of the dragons(Zekrom, Kyrum, and the other that begins with a R) in your party when you defeat him, you'll get the ticket.
I was also told if you go through the Undella Bay Ruin's maze, at the end you'll find a cross of Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina and a treasure chest. Inside the chest would be the ticket to Hoenn.

Guess how I felt after I had defeated Alder and learned about the Undella Bay Ruins.

Rumors like that would be a waste if you're tending to purchase both exclusive games along with two Nintendo DS(i)'s.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
If they did that then they would have to buff all the other 1st stage Pokémon as well.

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
I saw a rumor in a Spanish website (which I don't remember) that there will be a new Mystery Dungeon game featuring the 5th Gen. Pokémon, also that there will be the remakes of Ruby & Sapphire, their names would be Terra Ruby & Aqua Sapphire or something like that...

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
Yes... that would be something so cool, but its only a rumor... I hope that both rumors would be true...

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
I saw a rumor in a Spanish website (which I don't remember) that there will be a new Mystery Dungeon game featuring the 5th Gen. Pokémon, also that there will be the remakes of Ruby & Sapphire, their names would be Terra Ruby & Aqua Sapphire or something like that...

Terra Ruby and Aqua Sapphire? I heard Radiant Ruby and Shimmering Sapphire. Oh well.

But I really hope there's a 5th gen Mystery Dungeon game... I'd buy it. >_>

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
Terra Ruby and Aqua Sapphire? I heard Radiant Ruby and Shimmering Sapphire. Oh well.

But I really hope there's a 5th gen Mystery Dungeon game... I'd buy it. >_>

Radiant Ruby & Shimmering Sapphire?... Well I thought it was Aqua & Terra or Volcano Ruby & Ocean Sapphire... anyway... its only a rumor...

Dattebayo

Banned
What you need to remember is not all Pokemon are equal. A team of Pikachu, Butterfree, and Staraptor will always get destroyed versus a team of Heatran, Garchomp, and Dialga. Not all Pokemon are created equal. That's why those in the competitive environment created tiers so that all Pokemon get a chance to shine.

The problem with tiers, no matter what kind, is the lack of diversity. Players wish for more Pokemon in OU so they have to same old over and over while at the same time, not participating in UU/NU battles because they're not standard battles. What Pikachu really needs is a better movepool to counter just enough types including the likes of Gliscor and Ferrothorn. Same goes with Raichu as the light ball should at least affect the entire family. It's the only way to retain its mascot title before being replaced by Minccino, whose evo does a decent job, or Ferrothorn.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
It seems that the mascot of Pokemon is being nerfed to the extreme, losing out to almost anything, with its only up-side being its unpredictability which is still limited by its atrocious defenses and sub-par speed, along with item dependability, especially the base ATK and SPA stats which will at best be a base 110 and 100 respectively, which does not allow it to sweep better than the most generic of generic Lucarios.

Hope in the RSE remakes or 6th gen, they will bump its ATK stats to something like 60 or 65 each, and up 10 speed to make it fast enough to balance out its defenses. Maybe keep Raichu's attacking stats but bump its speed and defenses to compensate, so Pikachu and Raich can actually play out as 2 very different pokemon, with Raichu not underpowered too. This will help Pikachu retain its rightful place as the Mascot of all pokemon forever more!

Oh, and event Surf-chus in 5th Gen pls!
:D:025n172:

I don't think they ever change stats. Not since the Special split in 2nd gen.

And I'm sure there will be a Surfchu event in the future.

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
There is nothing wrong with Pikachu other than the fact that the only way to get a surfing Pikachu is via event (Unless you have PBR)

Aurath8

Same goes with Raichu as the light ball should at least affect the entire family.

If Light Ball affected Raichu then not only would Raichu be broken, but Pikachu would lose all usability as Raichu outclasses it...everywhere.

It's the only way to retain its mascot title before being replaced by Minccino, whose evo does a decent job, or Ferrothorn.

The mascot doesn't need to be a good pokemon, it simply needs to be attractive and marketable. It doesn't care nearly as much for how usable it is in-game or competitively. Mincinno could easily sit beside Pikachu when marketing Gen V but Ferrothorn is neither attractive or marketable as it almost seems lifeless compared to Pikachu and Mincinno. And again, nintendo doesn't give a damn about tiers or usability when the mascot is about marketing.

Dattebayo

Banned
If Light Ball affected Raichu then not only would Raichu be broken, but Pikachu would lose all usability as Raichu outclasses it...everywhere.

Pikachu will still get more appreciation due to its evo form getting more power to do well in competitive battles.

The mascot doesn't need to be a good pokemon, it simply needs to be attractive and marketable. It doesn't care nearly as much for how usable it is in-game or competitively. Mincinno could easily sit beside Pikachu when marketing Gen V but Ferrothorn is neither attractive or marketable as it almost seems lifeless compared to Pikachu and Mincinno. And again, nintendo doesn't give a damn about tiers or usability when the mascot is about marketing.

If that were true, then why do EVs, IVs, complicated battle strategies, and the Battle Frontier exist. Seem like they do give a darn about competitive play.

Geekachu

EV's, IV's, it's all part of the maths of Pokemon. People just choose to use them to make their Pokemon better, EV Training is certainly something that GF or Nintendo wouldn't really advertise. Nintendo =/= Smogon.

Status
Not open for further replies.