• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cj97

;-P
New legendaries

I'm new here so this is my first thread. I just heard about the new pokemon and just wondered if anyone had any info on the new legendaries. I think there's a fire/drgon type but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance. :)

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Yes there is, Reshiram is a Dragon/Fire type and is the exclusive legendary for Pokemon Black (Like how Dialga was exclusive to Diamond and Palkia was exclusive to Pearl, etc.).

There's also a 5th Generation Discussion Forum, you should go there if you have anymore questions.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
This really should go in the Pokemon questions thread.

But since you're here, yes, there are 13 new Legendaries:

494: Victini - Fire/Psychic
638: Cobalon - Steel/Fighting
639: Terrakion - Rock/Fighting
640: Viridion - Grass/Fighting
641: Tornelos - Flying
642: Voltolos - Electric/Flying
643: Reshiram - Dragon/Fire
644: Zekrom - Dragon/Electric
645: Landlos - Ground/Flying
646: Kyurem - Dragon/Ice
647: Keldeo - Water/Fighting
648: Meloetta - Normal/Psychic and Normal/Fighting
649: Genesect - Bug/Steel

Victini is an event Pokemon, which is obtained by downloaded a special ticket over WiFi.

Reshiram is the white-colored Dragon/Fire legendary available only in Pokemon Black.
Zekrom is the black-colored Dragon/Electric legendary availble only in Pokemon White.

Tornelos is in Black, and Voltolos is in White.
Landlos completes the Flying trio.

Kyurem is the third legendary to Reshiram and Zekrom.

Keldeo is the master of the Fighting trio. (Cobalon, Terrakion, and Viridion)

Meloetta has two formes, the Voice Forme is Normal/Psychic and the Step Forme is Normal/Fighting.

Genesect has a move called Techno Buster. You can attach "cassettes" to him and change the move's type to either Ice, Fire, Water, or Electric.

The last three are event Pokemon that have not yet been officially revealed.

So that brings the total number of Legendary Pokemon to 48.

In total, there are 156 new Pokemon in Black/White, bringing the grand total to 649.
You can see all the new Pokemon here. Click on their name to go to their Pokedex page.

Last edited:

MudkipFan

<3 Games Section
Which pokemon would you eat and why?

Well, in the world of pokemon you have to get your protein (and I guess grass types are veggies) but- personaly, what would your fave dish be.

Garchomp Drumstick? Unown Platter? Bonsly Cheese?

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I would eat Baibarina. And why? Oh I dunno maybe because it's a DOUBLE SCOOP OF ICE CREAM!!!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
There is already a thread going on for this, check out The original "Wich pokémon would you eat".

Yeah but this one has a better title, so I'm posting in this one instead.

Also, I would eat out Jynx if you know what I meaaaaaaan.

Jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkj. Magikarp would look nice fried, some Torchic with some Magcargo Sauce would be nice too.

jakovu

I'd eat a Pokabu! I mean, it's a fire pig for crying out loud! BACON THAT COOKS ITSELF!

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I've seen many threads like this already. But I'm sure everyone would eat that ice cream Pokemon.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
This would be kind of weird, and hard to make. Also, I'm not sure how it would fit in and what people would do with it. What would you accomplish by taking over Serebii if you're already a user/mod on it?

This is really cool.

I think Nintendo is too caught up with making the Pokemon games to go out and do promotional stuff like this. I think it would be cool if they did more stuff like this.

Blazing Charmander

I don't know why some people here are so opposed to hearing about less recent components in Pokemon's history. As others have made clear, many are extremely interested in accounts of rarely heard from events like the 1999 Mew road event, myself included in that.

Unfortunately I didn't get Red and Blue until Christmas 2000 (and even then I only had Stadium on N64 to play them on, thus no Game Boy for link trading), so I most likely missed the Mew event when it came out over here in the UK or if not I was unable to get to one. Nonetheless I found this account to be an interesting and nostalgic read as it reminds me of when the Pokemon franchise was in its prime of popularity. For all of the success that the franchise continues to bask in due to the sales of games, I doubt that it will ever reach the phenomenal heights of popularity that it did when it was first exposed to the world.

Recently I read that Pokemon became as popular as it did in Japan due to the discovery of the then "secret" Mew in Red and Green when they were first released. Thinking about its elusiveness always brings back memories of the numerous fake cheats that circulated regarding how to obtain it. It was a happy day when the working Mew glitch was discovered, yet it left me feeling unsatisfied and incomplete still that I didn't have a fully legitimate copy of Mew on any of my games. The Faraway Island event on Emerald came and went without even reaching the UK, so I never got one from that and recently I finally received a legit Mew from a friend who worked to get it from Ranch. This one feels more like a token though considering how I didn't obtain it through my own work, so I will be delighted when I can finally download a Mew from Wi-Fi onto my SoulSilver. :)

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I'd eat a Pokabu! I mean, it's a fire pig for crying out loud! BACON THAT COOKS ITSELF!

Body heat, incendiary or otherwise, doesn't tend to function when you're dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.