• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
Not that it's graphic, just that it happens. Like, wow.

Electric

We all know how creepy Brock can be...

http://i55.*******.com/21kxsv7.jpg

Why won't it show a picture of the image? It has a like with the

What disturbs me is the fact that in gold and silver, when you go up to a stove and press a it'll sometimes say that the person is making cinnebar burgers. What pokemon does the meat come from? :s

Also, if Lt. Surge was in a war, for which country did he fight? And did they win?

Last edited:

Budew

Banned
What disturbs me is the fact that in gold and silver, when you go up to a stove and press a it'll sometimes say that the person is making cinnebar burgers. What pokemon does the meat come from? :s

Also, if Lt. Surge was in a war, for which country did he fight? And did they win?

I'll give you a hint, there's a reason he's called the "Lightning American"

and if you know history... you know how bad*** America is

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Oh yeah, I forgot he was called that!

I find it disturbing that not only do most of your trainer characters not have a mom AND a dad, you never even hear about who your dad could be!
There are some sorry dads in the world of Pokemon...

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo

I find it disturbing that not only do most of your trainer characters not have a mom AND a dad, you never even hear about who your dad could be!

Well we know that your dad in R/S/E is the Normal-Type GymLeader. I guess thats where the "most" comes in.

Also, here's something disturbing, sort of:

Seaman Dylan (Aboard the S.S.Anne): "I like feisty kids like you!"

Budew

Banned

In Hoenn you get to see your dad and mom...

Red's dad is never mentioned, and neither is Gold's

Lucas(Diamond's) dad is mentioned briefly by Palmer I think that said "me and your father got in the most craziest battles)

So I just think Nintendo wants us to use our imaginations

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I said that MOST of your trainer characters don't have dads.
And why do you have to use your imagination for your dad, but not your mom?

Budew

Banned
I said that MOST of your trainer characters don't have dads.
And why do you have to use your imagination for your dad, but not your mom?

HIDDEN SEXISM!!!

nah just kidding, I just think it's more awkward coming back home to see only your dad saying "please son, rest your pokemon for a while, hehe"

than your mom saying it :S

but that's just me

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
No, they could make your dad have a different role than the mom. They did it in Gen. 3, even if he wasn't around MUCH, at least he EXISTED.
Mentioning a dad is not the same as seeing or talking to him, by the way.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
The dad is probably too busy working. I mean, you let your mom "save" your money for you, and she spends it on useless berries. And that's just the money you win for beating random kids at battles. Imagine what she does to your dad's paycheck. He probably works 60 hours a week to support her.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
EVERYONE can agree that cubon's mother is pretty hard core for pokemon today.

Icy Death

Freeze. Now.
Sure the hidden sexism is sorta weird, but honestly the most disturbing thing in pokemon is Kricketune's cry. DEDEDEDEDE WOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!! Scary.

Psychic

Really and truly
I'm actually quite glad the thread topic was phrased that way, as there really is a fan out there for each and every Pokémon, no matter what others may think of it. Our own personal opinions, of course, can differ quite substantially. :D

For me, a lot of it hasn't so much been about the appeal of specific Pokémon, but rather the hype around it that, from what I've found, tends to garner a temporary fanbase. What I mainly have in mind here are the new Pokemon that are hyped every time a new movie comes along, and I have seen the droves jumping on the bandwagon. I'm a part of an online community that's all about collecting Pokémon, and it's a little nauseating to watch hundreds of people first shelling out for Lucario, then Darkrai, then Giratina, then Shaymin, then Zorua/Zoroark and systematically forgetting how obsessed they were with the previous Pokémon. It seems to me to be entirely the fault of the hype instead of letting the appeal of a Pokémon speak for itself.

That said, I personally am not a fan of the majority of fourth generation Pokémon. I thought I would have warmed up to them by now, but I simply cannot stand looking at most of them.
Thinking about it now, a big one for me is the Shinx line. Okay, I get it: they're thunder cats, yeah. They're combining two things I absolutely love, sure, but it just so does not appeal to me. But then, that might simply because it's so freaking OU that it's turned me off for good. *shrugs*

So yeah, essentially I'd say that it's just overhype that turns me off. Minus the Mew/Mewtwo hype (which I'm still affected by over a decade later), I haven't ever really found myself that caught up in it in recent years, and it annoys me more than entices me.

Does anybody else feel similarly?

~Psychic

Last edited:

BuizelPidgeot

Psyduck... and slowpoke

Status
Not open for further replies.