• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarelle

Staff member
The PC in the older games disturbed me a little. When you went to use it, it would say: "[NAME] turned on the PC."

:p

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
That's because the majority of them were Poison types, and there weren't that many bug and ghost moves back then, so the only thing they could just do is make less poison types and adding new bug and ghost moves, thus leaving Dark and Steel unnecessary.

I was actually arguing for what you said. Also, that's wrong.

Mewtwo + Amnesia + Ice Beam + Thunder Bolt + Recover + anything else=Death. Hitting 999 was easy. It had nothing to do with Psychic moves or types who could still be killed. (Ala, Hypno, etc.) In fact Chansey was a viable counter to them. Except Mewtwo...

Gen II Mewtwo became less godly due to Pokemon that could stall him like Steelix (if running a standard BeamBolt/etc. set)

Then they should realize that making slow and fragile Pokemon wouldn't be used by players alike, so they better start making Pokemon w/ average stats like the Nindos' and Golduck's.

You don't get it, they aren't out to make the game balanced. In fact DQM already did that in the first one. All monsters even the weakest looking ones could get exactly 999 in each stat and exactly the same movepool. The metagame sucked worse than Pokemon's. It literally boiled down to who got a crit first. All the monsters were competitively viable, every single one of them. It was so boring though everyone ignored it or forgot it.

Josiah

is your favorite
I sometimes wonder if Dattebayo's threads are just an exercise in frustration and trolling.
Then I remember he's probably too stupid for that.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Even without a Fire-type move, Mewtwo in Generation II could still beat Steelix quite easily with three Ice Beams most of the time. I agree that Mewtwo in Generation II was worse than itself in any other generation though, as it wasn't too difficult to deal with using Pokémon like Umbreon and Snorlax.

Fan

Tirtouga Fan!
Datte im sorry but you have either got to be the dumbest person i have seen use a computer or your a troll.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt when reading through this threads first couple pages but then just started reading it for the lulz. Your just being ridiculous and ignoring logical points from others posts.(I always just lurk to not get caught up in stupidity such as this but this was just way beyond anything ive ever seen on a forum)

You want a communistic pokemon game? Good for you but nobody else does and im pretty sure they have made that clear. Just do yourself a favor and stop replying. Your making yourself look unintelligent and like a robot programmed by smogon themselves.

Start thinking for yourself and quit being a puppet

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
I was meaning more of Toxic run on Mewtwo (Toxi Stall) sure it wouldn't kill him and he could rest it off but it actually had some possible uses on Pokemon that couldn't even kill Mewtwo. (Wear him down) Although SPD/SPA split was the major killer.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
They care about their own metagame (read: VCG). And the Battle Tower.

Thats the best answer. You would be shocked at how many pokemon become good in VGC. Yes, VGC KINDA has its own tiers, but it allows many pokemon to actually be useful.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Because competitive players are not the only players, and some people just like to play the games and base what Pokémon they use on how much they like the way they look or whatever, and GF isn't just going to pander to the mostly teenaged and adult OMFG SRS BZNZ fanbase when Pokémon is aimed at children who are mostly the kind of players I mentioned above, and I really don't see why you can't wrap your head around these simple facts.

Last edited:

Dark Eevee

Have you ever been laughed at by other players for using Pokemon who are labeled UU and NU because they're inferior to the Pokemon in OU in terms of base stats? It could drive a stubborn player to suicide because he can't play a mix of his favorites from each tier on the same metagame.

So you're going to kill yourself over a CHILDRENS VIDEO GAME?

nexgencn

why is there not a tiger based pokemon?

I have always loved tigers, they are my favorite animal. but there hasn't been any tiger pokemon D8

nexgencn

raikou may look tiger like, but facts are. i dont like to use legendary pokemon and if i did, its classified as a dog pokemon

Profesco

gone gently
You might enjoy the "Animals that aren't Pokemon yet" thread in Poke Polls.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Have you ever been laughed at by other players for using Pokemon who are labeled UU and NU because they're inferior to the Pokemon in OU in terms of base stats? It could drive a stubborn player to suicide because he can't play a mix of his favorites from each tier on the same metagame.

I'm actually speechless, Dattebayo. You've outdone yourself once again. You have to be really trying hard to make zero sense.

No, I/most everyone have never been laughed at for using NU/UU, though I've been criticized. And I've won and lost in OU with NU/UU Pokemon.

Anyone can use any Pokemon in any tier above its normal one. You wanna use Kecleon and Cacturne and Emboar in OU? Go ahead and do that; if you're a good battler you'll see good results. If not, you won't. That's how it is. Nobody in their right mind would even contemplate suicide over such a thing.

This does not counter Kaiser Soze's point. You're constantly contradicting yourself and have effectively rendered your own argument moot. Bravo.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Tough luck because Politoed's getting a lot of hype due to its dream ability (same with Nintales).
I don't think there is going to be a lot for Politoed itself, but for the potential support he can set up. I could be wrong though. If people are looking at potential in Politoed, then that's good. See, I can go both ways.

The tiers are not like they're in scriptures or anything. You can possibly win against an OU Pokemon with a NU Pokemon depending on the advantages and disadvantages of the Pokemon. Some Pokemon can trump others by type, but others are set up to counter certain kinds of Pokemon. For example, a Pokemon with Skill Swap can ruin a Medicham.

This post was perfect and how dare any of you refute it.

Dattebayo, my Jynx completely annihilated your OU team. Jynx is NU. How does this fit into your belief system?

Status
Not open for further replies.