• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slappy_Pancake

once again - this is my opinion

It's not an opinion when it's plainly wrong. I agree with the rotom ones, and I think bite should be switched back to normal type. There isn't anything dark about it except for harming something, which is what all moves do.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
It's not an opinion when it's plainly wrong. I agree with the rotom ones, and I think bite should be switched back to normal type. There isn't anything dark about it except for harming something, which is what all moves do.

We can say the same things about religion, prophecies, counter-social thoughts.

As for moves! I think Bullet Punch should be fighting. Because I see for no reason for it being steel. Bullets = Fast, explains the Hit first thingy. (Possibly it being steel, but steel types are too OP for me so I must throw this one out there.)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Salamence doesn't seem Dragon/Ice, more like Dragon/Fire to me. Milotic and Gorebyss seems to me like Water/Psychic...

Visual

Nine one six ~
Lugia = Psychic/Flying -> Water/Psychic OR Water/Flying
Psyduck/Golduck = Water -> Water/Psychic
Gyarados = Water/Flying -> Water/Dragon
Charizard = Fire/Flying -> Fire/Dragon
Volbeat and Illumise = Bug -> Bug/Flying
Girafarig = Psychic/Normal -> Psychic
Azurill = Normal -> Water
Lucario = Fighting/Steel -> Fighting

There are /probably/ a lot more.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Lugia = Psychic/Flying -> Water/Psychic OR Water/Flying
Volbeat and Illumise = Bug -> Bug/Flying
Girafarig = Psychic/Normal -> Psychic
Lucario = Fighting/Steel -> Fighting

There are /probably/ a lot more.

Girafarig is Psychic/Normal for a reason. They planned for it to be immune to Ghosts.

AlCario

Banned
I think Bullet Punch should be fighting. Because I see for no reason for it being steel. Bullets = Fast, explains the Hit first thingy. (Possibly it being steel, but steel types are too OP for me so I must throw this one out there.)

Really? If Bullet Punch was Fighting it would do the same thing as Mach Punch. The reason it's Steel type is probably that Bullets are made of Lead, and the Steel type refers more to metals in general rather than just steel itself.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Everyone thinks that there are Pokemon and moves that seriously need a redo in their type. Here's my opinions:

POKEMON:
Porygon2 = Normal -> Psychic
Porygon-Z = Normal -> Dark

What? A psychic type evolving into a Dark type? Normal fits them just fine, IMO - they are manmade pokemon after all.

Gliscor = Ground/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Blastoise = Water -> Water/Rock or Water/Steel

The only argument for steel is the cannons, besides that, no.

Cloyster = Water/Ice -> Dark/Ice
Jirachi = Steel/Psychic -> Psychic

Steel/Psychic is way better than just Psychic on Jirachi. No pursuit weak, for one thing. BTW, steel fits Jirachi as it does have a special relationship with comets and the earth.

Cacturne = Grass/Dark -> Poison/Dark
Persian = Normal -> Psychic or Dark
Bronzor = Steel/Psychic -> Steel
Salamence = Dragon/Flying -> Dragon/Ice

No. There is nothing even remotely Ice-like about Salamence.

Lucario = Fighting/Steel -> Fighting/Psychic
Lugia = Psychic/Flying -> Water/Flying or Psychic/Dragon

Both Lugia and Lucario's typings are fine...

Rayquaza = Dragon/Flying -> Flying

Rayquaza is clearly more Dragon than Flying.

Deoxys = Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Flygon = Dragon/Ground -> Bug/Flying or Bug/Dragon
Gallade = Psychic/Fighting -> Grass/Fighting

Bug/Dragon could work, but its a desert dweller so Ground stays. Grass Gallade what?

Luxray = Electric -> Electric/Dark
Mewtwo = Psychic -> Dark
Mawille = Steel -> Grass/Steel
Politoed = Water -> Bug/Water

Where are you getting these ideas? Mawile has no indication of being Grass, Politoed is a frog and is not even remotely related to an insect, and Mewtwo as a Dark type just doesn't work.

Marowak = Ground -> Ground/Dark
Gengar = Ghost/Poison -> Ghost/Dark
Milotic = Water -> Water/Dragon
Empoleon = Water/Steel -> Water/Ice

Water/Steel is a cool, unique typing. Though everyone expected Water/Ice, I'd rather not change it.

Arceus = Normal -> ???
Rotom Heat Form = Electric/Ghost -> Fire/Ghost
Rotom Wash Form = Electric/Ghost -> Water/Ghost
Rotom Frost Form = Electric/Ghost -> Ice/Ghost
Rotom Fan Form = Electric/Ghost -> Flying/Ghost
Rotom Mow Form = Electric/Ghost -> Grass/Ghost

The rotom forms should remain Electric/Ghost. A single move does not merit a type change, especially when they derive the ability to use those moves because of the particular appliance they inhabit.

MOVES:
The move CURSE = ??? -> Ghost
The move SHADOW FORCE = Ghost -> Dragon

No, Shadow Force is definitely ghost.

I also think that it would be freaking awesome to see a Fire/Electric or Grass/Electric or a Water/Fire or Electric/Flying or a Dark/Dragon Pokemon in the 5th Gen.

DISCUSS

The large majority of your choices have no reason behind them - its almost like you are simply assigning types to pokemon based on what you want them to be.

EDIT: Shadow Force does not have to be dragon-typed just because the other two members of the trio have dragon type signature attacks. Dialga and Palkia represent Time and Space, which are more intertwined to each other than to Giratina (which represents Antimatter), and thus there really is no need for the to be similar. Aside from that, trios / counterparts haven't really ever had the same type for their signature attacks. (Electric vs. Fire vs. Ice/Water; Fire vs. Flying, etc)

Last edited:

LugiaRider

The large majority of your choices have no reason behind them - its almost like you are simply assigning types to pokemon based on what you want them to be.

EDIT: Shadow Force does not have to be dragon-typed just because the other two members of the trio have dragon type signature attacks. Dialga and Palkia represent Time and Space, which are more intertwined to each other than to Giratina (which represents Antimatter), and thus there really is no need for the to be similar. Aside from that, trios / counterparts haven't really ever had the same type for their signature attacks. (Electric vs. Fire vs. Ice/Water; Fire vs. Flying, etc)

*Repeats self* once again, this is my opinion. you don't have to agree 100% on it. these are just the ways i see pokemon.

chrombot

The Steel Hearted

We can say the same things about religion, prophecies, counter-social thoughts.

Uh.. it's not really matter of opinion or argument. Dark type IS evil type in pokemon.
Dark is not called dark in japan. You can blame american censorship for it being called dark over. The type itself is not directly associated with black/shadows/darkness. Look at the moves. Thief, snatch, sucker punch. Their associated with underhanded tactics, and bending the rules.
Ghost has much more to with black and darkness, Shadow claw, shadow punch, shadow ball lots of shadowy moves. Dark type has plenty of colorful pokemon like tyranitar, cacturne, sharpedo and so on.
Ghost is dominanted by dark pokemon, with black, gray, dark blue, dark purple and so on. Only one white ghost, despite white bed sheets being a popular easy ghost costume.

The Head Honchkrow

POKEMON:
Gliscor = Ground/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Blastoise = Water -> Water/Rock or Water/Steel
Persian = Normal -> Psychic or Dark
Salamence = Dragon/Flying -> Dragon/Ice
Lugia = Psychic/Flying -> Water/Flying or Psychic/Dragon
Rayquaza = Dragon/Flying -> Flying
Deoxys = Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Gallade = Psychic/Fighting -> Grass/Fighting
Mewtwo = Psychic -> Dark
Politoed = Water -> Bug/Water
Gengar = Ghost/Poison -> Ghost/Dark
Milotic = Water -> Water/Dragon

Gliscor DARK/FLYING? Gallade GRASS/FIGHTING? Politoed BUG/WATER?!
Are you having a laugh?

Empoleon = Water/Steel -> Water/Ice
Bronzor = Steel/Psychic -> Steel
Cacturne = Grass/Dark -> Poison/Dark

Why on earth would these three lose their signature types?
Your logic baffles me.

Marowak = Ground -> Ground/Dark

Why the addition of the DARK type? Just because Luxray is black?

~The Head Honchkrow~

Last edited:

Visual

Nine one six ~
Splash should be a water type move? Well, you need water to splash, don't you?

Well most people have said a lot of what I was gonna say so I'll leave them out. But what about Cloyster? How on Earth is it an Ice type and not Water? It is a Water dwelling creature. I understand the logic (kind of) behind it possibly being Water/Dark but how can it lose the Water type completely. And don't just say it is an opinion. We get that. We want to hear some logic behind it.

I don't mean to flame/bash anyone or anyone's opinion but I am just confused and since the thread revolved round that at the moment I would really like to hear how you got it.

Anyway, back on topic. I ahve always thought Illumise and Volbeat should be Bug/Flying all the Rotom formes should be the type that their signature moves are and mabey Shaymin Land Forme should be Grass/Ground just to be a mirror kind of thing to Sky Forme being Flying but I don't feel it as strongly as the others because the logic behind it isn't as set in stone as the others...

Dashing

Why should Giratina be a bug? Okay, it would be cool to have a bug type legendary, but Giratina isn't a bug...

Also, Splash isn't water because in the Japanese version, it has more to do with hopping than splashing, I think. That's why Hoppip learns it.

razor fire

Splash should be a water type move? Well, you need water to splash, don't you?

Not in the japanese version. Why the move is called splash in the english version is unknown for me.

Dark type does NOT resemble the evil. It resembles cheap fighting and bending the rules.

Shiny Bashamo

Isn't it cute ^^
What I would like to see in the future games are two new types: Light and Virus.

You do realize that those new types mean that a lot of pokemon need a new typing right? You can make Porygon 2/Porygon Z as a virus, but also Deoxys, and what type would be strong/weak/immune to it?

Why don't they get rid of Gyarados' Flying type part, I couldn't see any qualities of it in that type =/
*sigh* This is said so many times, Gyarados is made after a Chinese/Japanese Legend of an normal fish who went up a waterfall or some sort and then grew wings or changed into a dragonthingy (don't blame me for not knowing the whole legend) This is the reason Gyarados is Water/Flying. And since Magikarp can learn Bounce by move tutor now, Gyarados finally has a STAB FLying move.

Last edited:

razor fire

What I would like to see in the future games are two new types: Light and Virus.

So the opposite of Light is Virus and the opposite of Virus is Light?

Rokroad

Hot Drops
Lugia = Psychic/Flying -> Water/Psychic
Volbeat = Bug -> Bug/Electric
Illumise = Bug -> Bug/Flying
Girafarig = Psychic/Normal -> Psychic/Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.