• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Species of Pikachu and Cyndaquil are denoted as Mouse Pokemon and Fire-mouse Pokemon respectively, even though there's no evidence that mouse exists in Pokemon universe. If they're gonna compare something with relative to something else, there has to be some sort of evidence of that relative something's existence in the first place

think about it...that could explain why purugly (a cat) looks so angered off...having to choose between eating an electric mouse or a flaming rat...lol..oh, and as for a weird dex entry....what about the sizes?....groudon being like 200ft tall, wheras the sinno legends/creaters of everything are only at 14ft. Over-embelish-ish?

Last edited:

wesling123

For me Pokemons that are looking masculine are:
Of course Geodude, Onix, Darkrai, Lucario, Mr. Mime, Gible, Dialga, Snorlax and Abomasnow
And for feminines, they are:
Clefairy, Marill, Butterfree, Beautifly, Mismagius, Froslass, Milotic, Ponyta, Ninetales, Roselia and Loppuny too. ;328;

Mye

Someone has to win..
jynx....lady gaga in disguise?....either that or the most racist pkmn ever...(lady gaga I mean...not jynx...lol)

MissFrederick

I always see Lapras as a feminine Pokemon. When I had my Lapras in my Fire Red team, it was hard not to say "she" when talking about him because he was a male Lapras. It's the same with my Togekiss in Heart Gold. He's a male, but I usually say 'she' by accident when describing him. I always saw Celebi as a feminine Pokemon; as I do with Bellossom. My brother has a tendency to refer to Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit as female. He said about Azelf one day "She's really hard to catch." And of course, there's Buneary that everyone sees as feminine and no wonder.

With masculine, I always see Pokemon like Typhlosion, Charizard, Feraligatr etc as masculine. I always say Gengar as a masculine type of Pokemon. Same as Gyarados (speaking of which, for me, Milotic is a feminine counterpart.) I always saw Pokemon like Lugia, Giratina, and Rayquaza as masculine types.

Mankey's HG SS entries 1 word contridiction
groups and friend and foe

Sandshrew's HG and Sapphire entries anoter contridiction

fear random search ;359;

Mankey's actually makes sense... It's saying that it lives in large groups. However, if it becomes enraged, it will not be able to tell its friends from its foes, and probably attack fellow group members. That's will probably upset the whole colony, and they'd all just tear each other apart... It's totally Mankey.

And I'm not seeing what you mean about Sandshrew... Both of those entries mention it rolling into a ball, but nothing particularly contradictory.

Apparently Ursaring, a 7-foot tall bear weighing nearly 300 pounds, can climb trees but just chooses not to. Mmm... sounds like someone was researching a rather boastful talking Ursaring.

Hahaha!

Last edited:

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
I always had a hard time believing that tyranitar can take down a mountain and can bury a river yet it's not much taller that I am.

It's a dinosaur with a rock hide. When you get down to it, it's not so far fetched.

Yeah, right. :p

Notice how it doesn't mention how long it takes.

A woman transformed into Frosslass after being lost on a mountain. So, in theory there should be only one.

Does anyone on this goddamn forum know what the word "legend" means outside of Pokemon?

2.Another mention of the real world in Pokemon

Not this shit again.

It's referenced so much in the games that it could mean that, and get ready to have your mind blown here, the Pokemon world is based on the real world! Le gasp!

LOLOLOL at bold

Flaaffy condoms: They Reflect your Muk so you can keep that Spark!

And that's my innuendo of the day.

Hummh,I don`t see how in the world could Magikarp be stronger in the past than it`s same species that it`s desendants know.

Remember those little things called Dodos? You know, the flightless birds?

Turns out that they could fly once, but evolution was like "I don't think they'll need this anymore" and then took it away because they weren't being hunted. So Magikarp could probably be the same way.

The irony of it all is that the Dodos were hunted to extinction. But that's not important to the topic at hand.

Species of Pikachu and Cyndaquil are denoted as Mouse Pokemon and Fire-mouse Pokemon respectively, even though there's no evidence that mouse exists in Pokemon universe. If they're gonna compare something with relative to something else, there has to be some sort of evidence of that relative something's existence in the first place

Yet you just pointed out evidence.

Pikachu and Cyndaquil being compared to mice would have to mean that mice would have to exist for the comparison to be made. Ergo, mice exist in the Pokemon world. Or existed.

groudon being like 200ft tall

Waitwat.

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
Not this shit again.

It's referenced so much in the games that it could mean that, and get ready to have your mind blown here, the Pokemon world is based on the real world! Le gasp!

So, that means only one thing: the Pokémon world is in Japanese territory.

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
Yes, those are just pokemon with a different story, and I actually like the Uber tier.
Stil, it is annoying when you battle uber noobs in BR, while you use OU, or even UU.

treeco123

it is annoying when some person who can't play Pokemon games and has a team of legends loses to my Pokemon(I Think mine are either UU or NU but I don't bother with tiers)and I don't EV train.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Everyone is a real trainer, even those like me who are addicted (It's a drug I tell ya!) to using an AR.

Well, technically not if you use infinite master balls, pokemods, and catch shiny dialgas in route 214.

But true, everyone is a real trainer. I do find legendaries kind of cheap, but I always go through my first run of the game with the legendary for it. It's why they're there. But there's always a way to beat a legendary, you just have to think outside the box.

I dont see how you can't be a real trainer....unless your an AI

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Because technically if you use those cheats all you're doing is modding the game to get the rarest pokemon whenever you want, however you want. Real training means to go through the entire process, hunting them down, battling and catching with a chance of failure, and training them. Not making them appear, catching them instantly with a master ball, and levelling with rare candies. I could slightly understand modding for items, but not pokemodding.

But using legendaries doesn't make you a fake trainer, it just means you use those pokemon. By your logic everybody that uses NU pokemon is hardcore, when in reality some of them are just people that picked the wrong pokemon.

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way, i don't have AR or anything and don't even use legendaries, but still the word "real" is like actual. Using the word "proper" is fine, but you can't have a fake trainer

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Well, technically not if you use infinite master balls, pokemods, and catch shiny dialgas in route 214.

But true, everyone is a real trainer. I do find legendaries kind of cheap, but I always go through my first run of the game with the legendary for it. It's why they're there. But there's always a way to beat a legendary, you just have to think outside the box.
I've actually never used Pokémods, or never caught a single Shiny Pokémon, but I have used the 999 masterballs trick. I'm using these codes until I run out (which I will be happy for).

There is always a way to beat a legendary, you just have to be strategic. I use strategy when I battle (most of the time). I don't hack trainer battles, I only do that in Platinum, which is messed up. When I battle with my friend, I usually get beat because of his type advantages, but alas, I have lost to the Elite Four every time I try.

People who use cheats are still trainers, but I wouldn't advise using them much. The addiction comes when you save while a code is activated. I got a Honchkrow by cheats (999 Dusk Stones) and a Lv. 100 Meowth (999 rare candies). But still, I'm a trainer because I [usually] battle fair.

That's why I'm a trainer and why everyone else is a trainer.

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Because technically if you use those cheats all you're doing is modding the game to get the rarest pokemon whenever you want, however you want. Real training means to go through the entire process, hunting them down, battling and catching with a chance of failure, and training them. Not making them appear, catching them instantly with a master ball, and levelling with rare candies. I could slightly understand modding for items, but not pokemodding.

But using legendaries doesn't make you a fake trainer, it just means you use those pokemon. By your logic everybody that uses NU pokemon is hardcore, when in reality some of them are just people that picked the wrong pokemon.
I don't mod, I just use codes that get me items. And I don't use masterballs on all Pokémon, only hard to catch ones. I level up with Rare Candies but this week I vow to throw away all but 10 of them.
Oh I don't use Legendary Pokémon because I don't have any.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
^ Good to hear. When you said AR I assumed you were like the many who just cheat to get everything in the game. Like I said, I can understand item hacking somewhat, TMs more than anything, but otherwise it sickens me when people use it to win.

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
^ Good to hear. When you said AR I assumed you were like the many who just cheat to get everything in the game. Like I said, I can understand item hacking somewhat, TMs more than anything, but otherwise it sickens me when people use it to win.
Oh but my 999 all TMs code doesn't work so I have to stick with the ones I have.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Yet you just pointed out evidence.

Pikachu and Cyndaquil being compared to mice would have to mean that mice would have to exist for the comparison to be made. Ergo, mice exist in the Pokemon world. Or existed.

Did you ever see any mouse in the game or in the anime? Or did anywhere EVER were they mentioned? Thus your assumption of mice existing or existed in the Pokemon world doesn't make it a fact that they indeed exist (or existed)

Last edited:

skodin

I see Eevee and all evos as female except jolteon

mew, celebi, cresselia, moltres: female, other legendaries: male

sometimes pkmn of the same evo chain seem like different genders to me:
Chikorita as a female, Bayleef as male, meganium as female
Bulbasaur as a male, ivysaur as ?(maybe a hermaphrodite), and Venusaur as afemale

Status
Not open for further replies.