• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
A minority use legendaries, and the majority use everything else. That's the Capitalist (Smogon) way.

Of course you could be Communist and say each Pokemon is equal, but the system doesn't work because legendaries are always going to have more power and see more usage.

Me personally, as long as it adheres to rules, feel you can use whatever you feel like. Although I do get certain joy in raising things that aren't legendaries, so I understand why people could get annoyed. It's hard to explain, really.

GilligBoi

Pokerus can be traded. I know this because I help spread it :)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Togekiss is definitely feminine! I still don't understand its gender ratio...even I'm a bit nit-picky about my Togepi's gender, lol.

female legendaries:mesprit cressalia mew celebi shaymin (land forme) ho-oh and the rest are male to me.
female starters:meganium family, torchic (combusken and blaziken are male to me) and piplup(with prinplup and empoleon seeming male) also i suppose it's how you look at it but the bulbasuar line seems slightly feminine (especially ivysaur)

on another note after playing the mystery dungeon games wigglytuff is male to me =)

PokeN3rd

Not Gem King Kilik
I would guess that new people would draw in new ways, so it makes sense that they look different. I do like all the Pokemon, though. It's basically impossible to say 'They don't look like Pokemon' since there is really no definition.

Vycksta

I often refer to Sneasel as female, even though when it comes to my army the gender ratio is pretty even/ *shrug* One of those things.

triangle

Triangle... I am one
this has probably has previously said but, i found it hard to believe that a vulpix/nintales could be male.

KyogreKing

I'm back
Male: weather trio, machop, gastly, geodude line, Umbreon, all the fossil pokemon except lileep, Psuedo legends, wargle.

female: meganium line, loppunny suicune, articuno, nidoqueen, mew misdreavous.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
The thing I don't like about it is that no matter what rules you put in place, it normally just goes down to people using the cheapest things they can so they're guaranteed the best chance of a win. All the people who play using the Pokemon that are harder to battle with and arguably require more skill to win with (not saying that skill isn't involved in winning with Ubers during Uber-tier play) normally can't make it to the final rounds because so many people spam the best Pokemon they can. It's depressing. If you were to say no Uber Pokemon like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, etc. you'd be bombarded with the cheapest Over-used Pokemon and so on and so forth. There's really no avoiding people using cheap sets for higher chances at winning.

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
The thing I don't like about it is that no matter what rules you put in place, it normally just goes down to people using the cheapest things they can so they're guaranteed the best chance of a win.

Correction - they're the strongest Pokemon, that doesn't make them the cheapest.

All the people who play using the Pokemon that are harder to battle with and arguably require more skill to win with (not saying that skill isn't involved in winning with Ubers during Uber-tier play) normally can't make it to the final rounds because so many people spam the best Pokemon they can. It's depressing. If you were to say no Uber Pokemon like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, etc. you'd be bombarded with the cheapest Over-used Pokemon and so on and so forth. There's really no avoiding people using cheap sets for higher chances at winning.

Yes, it's boring and somewhat disheartening, but in a competitive tournament, people are expected to play to win. They aren't using "cheap" Pokemon, but just the ones best at giving them a shot at victory. While it'd be so much better if people didn't play with the same Pokemon over and over again, you can't really blame them for doing so.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I feel that Moltres is a female because it has slender and more feminine features. I also think that Persian is female simply because of the sleek feline design of it. Team rockets Meowth is obviously male, but normal Meowth that walk on all fours seem female to me.

Volcanic Murk

Stupid Genius
This list will be long.

Male: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Weedle, Rattata, Ekans, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Zubat, Oddish, Paras, Diglett, Meowth, Psyduck, Mankey, Growlithe, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Abra, Machop, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Geodude, Slowpoke, Farfetch'd, Grimer, Shellder, Gastly, Onix, Drowzee, Krabby, Cubone, Lickitung, Koffing, Rhyhorn, Seaking, Mr. Mime, Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Magikarp, Eevee, Jolteon, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Dratini.

Female: Caterpie, Pidgey, Spearow, Clefairy, Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Poliwag, Ponyta, Doduo, Seel, Exeggcute, Tangela, Horsea, Goldeen, Lapras, Vaporeon, Flareon.

Legendaries:
Male: Zapdos, Mewtwo.
Female: Articuno, Moltres, Mew.

TL;DR anyone?

I've also noticed that Fighting, Rock, and Electric pokemon seem masculine.
Flying, Ice and Water types seem feminine.

I consider all starters to be male except the Chikorita line.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
F/Evolved Starters:
MALE: Venasaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon

FEMALE: Megainum

FallenStar93

I think Staryu and Starmie are also female.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Starting from the beginning, and I will be discounting all single-gender Pokemon for obvious reasons.

Male:
- Primeape
- Poliwrath
- Alakazam (It's the 'stache.)
- Tentacruel
- Snorlax (Although, I've met women who could convince me otherwise.)
- Mewtwo
- Murkrow and Honchkrow
- Wobbuffet (I hate female Wobbs. Wynauts are ok.)
- Steelix
- Scizor
- Blaziken
- Sableye
- Roserade (Strikes me as a Zorro type...)

Female:
- Blastoise (Odd, isn't it?)
- Clefable
- Ninetales
- Rapidash
- Marowak (It's the "mother" thing from 1st Gen.)
- Starmie (I know it's genderless, but I always call it "she".)
- Eevee and ALL Eeveelutions
- Mew
- Meganium
- Bellossom
- Azurill, Marill, and Azumarill
- Politoed
- Misdreavus and Mismagius
- Corsola
- Sneasel
- Celebi
- Skitty and Delcatty
- Mawile
- Plusle and Minun
- Roselia
- Zangoose (See EDIT note)
- Jirachi
- Infernape (Veruka FTW)
- Buneary & Lopunny
- Phione
- Manaphy
- Shaymin and Skymin

EDIT: Since having started writing my fan fic, I've begun seeing all Zangoose as female, because they always remind me of mine. Originally, I always saw it as male, but then when I bred an Adamant one to train, it ended up being female. I then used that one as the main character for my story. And now, Zangoose always appears female to me.

Strange how that works.

Last edited:

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
There's a big factor pertaining to why they look so different. You're just not used to seeing them yet. When I first started playing 4th Gen, I honestly was distracted by the way most of the Pokemon looked. But now, I'm used to them, and they look like they fit in with the rest of the crowd.

But maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.