• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GundamWingEX

Beeeaaatttdown

Wow! I also attended this event! and I remember it pretty clearly too...
I attended in Miami, Florida, and I remember beating down everyone I came in contact with (and getting a little too rowdy during the final match up! haha I guess I was blown away by pokemon stadium at the time)
From what I remember, you had 3 pokemon selected before a match-up (and 3 open slots)

But I still have the pogs/badges, (They read: "Pewter Gym Boulder badge" and "Cerulean Gym Cascade badge" with a picture of the in-game badge, and the gymleader's face, the back of the pog reads: "Pokemon League" and the event name), if anyone's interested in having me upload them so they can see what they look like. (I was going to link a picture, cause I figured it'd be on the internet, but I can't seem to find one!)

I remember the first kid I beat started crying; so epic.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
You've got a point but...all the things you've mentioned are implicit.

- You actually enslave a mythical creature, but pretend that you're capturing it with an honest intention in a magical ball several times smaller than the creature itself. Thus enslaving the Pokemon is implicit, and 10 year old kids don't have the capabilities to realize that.
- Blood/gore is also implicit. When one Pokemon beat the shi out of another Pokemon, or some character in the anime falls from a cliff that's as high as some 50 storied building, there ought to be some blood. Thus blood/gore is censored, just so little kids are not affected by shock or trauma.
- When you place a couple of Pokemon in the daycare center, they got to have sex, otherwise how would an egg appear out of nowhere? But the "sex" part is implicit, because again, it would be inappropriate to expose Pokemon mating and reproduction system to 10 year old kids.

I've always yearned the idea of a Rated M Pokemon to coexist besides the current Rated E one, where there would be blood/gore, suggestive themes, rpg style romance/relationship with other human npcs, Pokemon making out, having sex, etc.

'Force(ing)' them to have sex... they're not really forced at all. Pokémon only mate if they are compatible with each other, thus producing an egg (the two Pokés find each other a natural pair). If the Pokémon isn't compatible with the other, they obviously don't produce an egg, and it's likely they didn't even have sex to begin with.

You can force a cow and a llama to have sex, but that doesn't mean they would produce an offspring, because their chromosomes aren't compatible. Similarly, when you put 2 Pokemon in a daycare centre (as in forcing them to have sex) and not receiving any egg, it's not like they're not compatible. They're still having sex, but their chromosomes aren't compatible, therefore not producing any offspring.

Last edited:

Evilo

BEAUTIFUL!
I just want to say to the OP....if you think this way about Pokemon, you've obviously missed any to all morals the games are REALLY trying to express. It's about teamwork, friendship building, trust, and independence...

Sure it involves fighting, but they're not brutally destroying each other...and the pokemon CHOOSE to fight with the trainer as a football player CHOOSES to fight with his coach directing them. It's a game of sport. You're not enslaving mythical creatures, you're working with them. Team Rocket was bad BECAUSE they enslaved them.

Pokemon will never be rated m, and probably never even be rated t. These games don't influence kids negatively or teach them bad things. There is no swearing, technically there isn't even direct sex (the day care man just FINDS eggs there...he claims he doesn't know where they came from! haha), and there isn't offensive violence. M rated violence would have blood anyways.

Ok nerd rant OVER.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate

- You actually enslave a mythical creature, but pretend that you're capturing it with an honest intention in a magical ball several times smaller than the creature itself. Thus enslaving the Pokemon is implicit, and 10 year old kids don't have the capabilities to realize that.
- Blood/gore is also implicit. When one Pokemon beat the shi out of another Pokemon, or some character in the anime falls from a cliff that's as high as some 50 storied building, there ought to be some blood. Thus blood/gore is censored, just so little kids are not affected by shock or trauma.
- When you place a couple of Pokemon in the daycare center, they got to have sex, otherwise how would an egg appear out of nowhere? But the "sex" part is implicit, because again, it would be inappropriate to expose Pokemon mating and reproduction system to 10 year old kids.

I've always yearned the idea of a Rated M Pokemon to coexist besides the current Rated E one, where there would be blood/gore, suggestive themes, rpg style romance/relationship with other human npcs, Pokemon making out, having sex, etc.

You can force a cow and a llama to have sex, but that doesn't mean they would produce an offspring, because their chromosomes aren't compatible. Similarly, when you put 2 Pokemon in a daycare centre (as in forcing them to have sex) and not receiving any egg, it's not like they're not compatible. They're still having sex, but their chromosomes aren't compatible, therefore not producing any offspring.

I do beleive the Unova stems from this, People think of Pokemon like they were animals, when in fact, it is canonnly stated in both DPt and BW that humans and pokemon were equals for the longest time, and spoke the same language, ate at the same table, hunted each oher and accepted it as long as the kill was put to good use, all was golden. Then that punk with the sword showed up and cut someone's foot off to prove his sword was bigger than his friends, shedding blood without any intention to use the kill, the Pokemon at that moment left the humans, and the species stayed seperate for some time, slowly the pokemon returned and now bond with the humans, but it's still a long way away from that olden age.

Paraphrased from some junk in BW and the Canalave history books.

Profesco

gone gently
Profesco used Hi Bump Kick!

dragonite12342

THANK YOU SIR

I do beleive the Unova stems from this, People think of Pokemon like they were animals, when in fact, it is canonnly stated in both DPt and BW that humans and pokemon were equals for the longest time, and spoke the same language, ate at the same table, hunted each oher and accepted it as long as the kill was put to good use, all was golden. Then that punk with the sword showed up and cut someone's foot off to prove his sword was bigger than his friends, shedding blood without any intention to use the kill, the Pokemon at that moment left the humans, and the species stayed seperate for some time, slowly the pokemon returned and now bond with the humans, but it's still a long way away from that olden age.

Paraphrased from some junk in BW and the Canalave history books.

THANK YOU SIR?

I just want to say to the OP....if you think this way about Pokemon, you've obviously missed any to all morals the games are REALLY trying to express. It's about teamwork, friendship building, trust, and independence...

Sure it involves fighting, but they're not brutally destroying each other...and the pokemon CHOOSE to fight with the trainer as a football player CHOOSES to fight with his coach directing them. It's a game of sport. You're not enslaving mythical creatures, you're working with them. Team Rocket was bad BECAUSE they enslaved them.

Pokemon will never be rated m, and probably never even be rated t. These games don't influence kids negatively or teach them bad things. There is no swearing, technically there isn't even direct sex (the day care man just FINDS eggs there...he claims he doesn't know where they came from! haha), and there isn't offensive violence. M rated violence would have blood anyways.

Ok nerd rant OVER.

no no no no no
what "morals" does it have ?beat the sh!t out of other mons

Dark Eevee

In the Cinnabar Island mansion, the Mewtwo diaries scattered about state that Mew "gave birth" to Mewtwo. Along with a lot of other slightly disturbing things.

It could just be a metaphor, but... uh. Yeah.

Then again Mewtwo in general is a bit disturbing, the more you think about it.

Well technically Mew did give birth to Mewtwo, through its DNA. Mewtwo is a clone after all.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Magikarp, How did it get so weak and the biggest missing link from it evolving into such a powerful Gyarados.

Pika Clones, I mean really.There are just new electric types.If it was a Pika Clone of some sort, It would have been like Team Rocket milking Mew`s genes into to creating Mewtwo.

Jynx, I can`t see why someone would complain that it was racists back in the old days of the Game Boy.I kinda think that it wasn`t,but like almost everything in America today,Everybody has to complain about everything.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
read up on the story on why people thought Jynx was a rasciist stereotype. It was only in America but there was a history to it. I think it was blown out of proportion but there was a good reason behind it. You need to know American history to fully understand.
In regard to Pika clones, if Nintendo wanted people to use them more often you'd think they would have evolutions.
I never really understood Wormadam. Its gimmick was highly useless

Zachmac

I hate Lucario. Too many people use it.
Well, 110/115/90 offensive stats are deadly. It can use special sets, physical sets, mixed sets, calm mind sets, swords dance sets, agility sets, and wallbreaker sets

Horizon

Fufufufufu...
Grimer and Muk, what a huge blast of creativity you get from looking at them. *sarcasm*

I never liked Feralgatr, or its pre-evos, they're just ugly in general. Then again, you have to understand why they look like that, they're based off of crocodiles.

And most of the 5th generation, they have cute pre-evos but then their last evolution are a butthurt to look at. But I'll probably grow to like them when I buy the game and have English names to attach them to.

Vernikova

Champion
It's clearly a competitive sport in the games in other media. You battle the Pokémon until they faint and you go heal them at a Pokémon Center free of charge. It's not like you have to bury your Pokémon because you battled until they died. If anything, it's kind of comparable to boxing, where everyone going in knows what's going to happen but they know when to stop the fight. in this case, the Pokémon's HP could be considered as the "Fighting limit" of the particular Pokémon.

MeowMix

We gotta cook
If it was rated M, sales would not be so great, would it?

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
nah. it won't be popular to teens as teens prefer action games. pokemon is for babies they say.

i know pokemon has alot of things to debate on, but at least they made the effort to censor stuffs that will make the game to be rated M. Besides pokemon is still fun despite all these and i don't really pay attention to things like how does the pokemon egg comes about. you know in that pokemon world, common sense is not needed, same as many other games.

Dragonfree

Just me
This is ridiculous. Ratings are about what is shown on the screen, not what you can imagine happening in the background if your mind is far enough in the gutter.

nope voltorb flip is gambling
Untrue by definition. You play Voltorb Flip for free; you are not betting any money on it.

Last edited:

tarix3245

Shiny Master
nah. it won't be popular to teens as teens prefer action games. pokemon is for babies they say.

i know pokemon has alot of things to debate on, but at least they made the effort to censor stuffs that will make the game to be rated M. Besides pokemon is still fun despite all these and i don't really pay attention to things like how does the pokemon egg comes about. you know in that pokemon world, common sense is not needed, same as many other games.

It seems that no one pays attention to how they come about. anyone who payed attention during the sinjoh ruins ceremony sees arceus make an egg appear. most likely, this happens all the time, but the egg appears elsewhere, not at the sinjoh ruins.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
look i really dont think im gonna go away anytime soon so suck it up

it would to teenagers

Were already descent. You just want someone to agree with you all this time. If someone disagrees with you, you feel uneasy. And that's how it was when you first created this thread. If you seriously want your answere to this, keep an open mind. Pokemon were made competitive. Just depends on how you train them. Okay? Case closed. And try not to be persistent because you'll end up with the same answere.

Status
Not open for further replies.