• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Eevee

"hi my name is nikohesus and I'm a small di--ed know it all who thinks that being so pro with pokemon makes me awesome. I have no self confidence, so I like to make others feel stupid or incompetent when I know an answer to a question they don't."

You sure know how to ring in the ladies there, I bet they fall all over your huge trainer card. Oh wait, except, they don't care.

get a life bro, stop being so rude to people for no reason.

He wasn't even that rude. Your the idiot that can't even be bothered to read.

Last edited:

randomspot555

These games are made so that kids as young as 6 or 7 (maybe younger?) can play and enjoy the game. I think you'll be fine. Don't worry about natures too much unless you decide to take on the Battle Frontier or battle other people via Wi-Fi/Union Room.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
Don't worry too much dude. As and expert pokemon trainer, let me give you some advice. I think that cyndaquil is the best starter of Jhoto so I think you should keep it. Second, if your worried about his weaknesses, make a balanced team to avoid that. EX) Cyndaquil is fire type, so he is weak against water types. so have a grass type pokemon in your team to beat the water types, ect.

Hope I helped.

Last edited:

nikohesus

Banned
An adamant nature means increased attack power, so teach it physical moves such as Flare Blitz, Thunderpunch, or Earthquake. It'll be a beast. Otherwise, don't worry too much, just enjoy the game.

(lucky....)

Vycksta

OP, I'm sorry to say but we don't allow these sorts of threads open in GPD. It's a thread that only asks a question, therefore it should really go in the Pokemon Questions sticky at the top of this forum.

Vycksta

bleuberri@gmail.com said:
"hi my name is nikohesus and I'm a small di--ed know it all who thinks that being so pro with pokemon makes me awesome. I have no self confidence, so I like to make others feel stupid or incompetent when I know an answer to a question they don't."

You sure know how to ring in the ladies there, I bet they fall all over your huge trainer card. Oh wait, except, they don't care.

get a life bro, stop being so rude to people for no reason.
[img139]http://i56.*******.com/mboitd.jpg[/IMG139]

detta

A Drifloon-Fanatic
Epic Smeargles

;235;
We all know Smeargle: That little, seemingly worthless pokemon that only ever knows Sketch and has horrible stats. Well, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
After 4th gen came out, a lot more great moves came with it. Despite it's stats, Smeargle still has a lot of options to be helpful to a team. Also, with the introduction of the Focus Sash, Smeargle is actually able to do something if its speed fails it.

Since the last time a Smeagle was in the Pokemon Of The Week department was June 2004, I'm gonna put up some example movesets and invite others to do the same.

Three-Turn One Hit KO
-Dark Void/Spore
-Lock-On/Mind Reader
-Sheer Cold
-Agility/Nightmare
Item Attached: Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo

EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature: (+Spd, -Atk)

This is probably the most destructive moveset possible for a Smeargle to learn. Teach it Dark Void if you're putting it into double battles, but this Smeargle is a lot better in single battles, so I would go with Spore for the extra accuracy and PP. Lock On and Mind Reader do the same thing, make sure that Sheer Cold hits the next turn. Sheer Cold is the only OHKO move not resisted by a specific type (although you'll still run into trouble with Sturdy). The last move can really be anything. Agility is there in case your opponent is faster at first, so after you put them to sleep you can increase your speed. Nightmare is for Pokemon that have Sturdy so that you're not completely helpless. The Focus Sash is there to make sure that you get your opponent to sleep the first turn.

Baton Passer Supreme
-Dark Void/Spore
-Cosmic Power/Calm Mind/Agility/Nasty Plot/Swords Dance
-Cosmic Power/Calm Mind/Agility/Nasty Plot/Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
Item Attached: Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo

EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

Once again, Dark Void or Spore is there for the same reason. You can really choose any two stat-boosting moves that fit your team (although I wouldn't use Curse). Since you have two turns to boost, use one of each or two of one then Baton Pass the heck out of there. If you didn't use your Focus Sash yet and you're still at full HP, you should stay for an extra turn unless the other Pokemon knows a priority move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I'm going to open up for suggestions. They could be full-blown functional movesets or just move combinations you think would be awesome but no pokemon but Smeagle could know them.

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

With the first set, there's this OHKO Clause that prevents people from using OHKO moves. Even if the clause wasn't in play, it's easy to switch out without a trapping move like Block, Spider Web or Mean Look. Plus, if you used the sleep move first the foe would switch out, and if the Sleep Clause is in play you can't put the next Pokemon to sleep.

But yeah, a trapping move would still be the main thing that'd make the set a success.

xtrashine

xtrashine
Nice baton passer set, really :) But the first set isn't legal because i belive sheer cold is banned :( maybe you could like change that with u-turn? lol

xtrashine

xtrashine
My favourite type is Ice :p It's just cool but sadly there are a little bit of ice types in the game :( especially 5th generation

detta

A Drifloon-Fanatic
these sets aren't necessarily for competitive play. Have you ever seen a smeargle used in a tournament? Didn't think so.
The first one I know from experience is great in the Battle Frontier, and I've saved my butt in a number of Wi-Fi battles with it, also.

Isn't there also a style of competitive play where people can't switch their pokemon out without the use of an attack? Sheer-cold smeargle would do pretty well there.

SaveOurPokemon

Original Series Fan
I'd be a Breeder, with my team being:

Azumarill
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Ampharos
Swampert
Lucario

Profesco

gone gently
You might like to visit our Competitive and Battling sections. =)

Faraway_Mew

Mew, mew... mew?
Not all dragons are depicted to have wings, saying something is not a dragon purely because it does not have wings is not a fair argument, by your logic Dratini and Dragonair should not be dragons either.

Indeed, not all dragons have wings, but Garchomp's "Wings"are really quite nonsensical =.= I can never really understand the whole jet plane flying thing =.= And it's design sux. It doesn't have the dragon kinda feel, is released right after we had flygon >=(

Garchomp. Arguably the best non-Legendary Dragon type or any other type... well, it shouldn't be. Dragons should look regal and powerful, not nasty and look like land sharks. Garchomp, judged by its appearance, certainly doesn't look like the best non-Legendary Pokemon of all. I think Dragonite should have that title.

Agree.

One I don't understand is Tsutarja. Yes, it's pretty cool and all, but I personally find it to be overrated. Plus I dislike its final evolution's base stat distribution.

NicSmitty

Definitely the northern ace trainer. too legit. and my signature team ha.

Falconx03

Legendary
Class: Ace Trainer Male, I would travel everywhere I could

Team: Blastoise, Typhlosion, Sceptile, Staraptor, Electivire and Ononokusu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.