• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

7 tyranitars

you forgot one important thing, pp

Profesco

gone gently
This deals with Pokemon RPGs, not General Pokemon.

MasterMiles

Opinions on the 5th Generation Pokemon

Hi everyone. I was just curious as to what other fans think of the 5th generation. To be honest, I cannot say that I am a fan. I have always said to my friends who only like the original 151 or the first two generations that they were blinded by nostalgia, but I honestly feel that some of these look awful. Even Sinnoh didn't bother me, but I cannot believe some of these Unova pokemon are actually real.

People always say that all Kanto pokemon are immaculate, and I have always completely disagreed with this. Voltorb is a sphere with eyes. I'm sorry. Say what you will, but I do not find that to be clever in any way. Even nostalgia cannot drive me to find Voltorb a brilliant creation. However, I fully concede to the greatness of most of the original pokemon such as Charizard, Golduck, and Rhydon.

There is also a large group that asserts that second generation pokemon are great. I agree with this. Pokemon like Ampharos and Ursaring are fantastic. However, I believe that pokemon like Dunsparce are somewhat lack-luster.

Third Generation is where most draw the line. It seems that hardly anyone will defend Hoenn pokemon, and to be honest I don't understand why. I really loved quite a few of them. Shiftry, Exploud, and Aggron are some of my favorites. Yes, there are duds here as well, but each generation has it's own faults.

Sinnoh is despised by almost all fans. When I played Sinnoh, however, I never once thought, "Wow, Poke'mon is in steep decline." There are many Pokemon like Bronzor, the useless piece of metal with a face, and Combee, the pokemon that is not even a bee but rather the dwelling place of a bee, that I find painful to look at. But then there is Abomasnow. Abomasnow is among my favorite pokemon of all time. It is a yeti for god's sake, and it looks incredible.

Ugh...I hate to say this. I feel that nostalgia bias has finally stricken me but...most of these look awful. Terrible looking pokemon have always been hard for me to pick out, but not anymore. I admit that I like these pokemon.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Waruvial_(Pokémon)

Looks fine to me. Cool crocodile.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Murando_(Pokémon)

I don't know what this thing is, but it has a legendary stache and I like it.

But then.... what are these?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giaru_(Pokémon)

The gear pokemon? Why are you doing this Nintendo? What is this garbage? I hate this thing so much? It lacks any charm whatsoever. It looks like a knock-off of Bronzor, which was an awful pokemon to begin with.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shubarugo_(Pokémon)

The cavalry pokemon...wait WHAT?! The CAVALRY pokemon?!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Furiijio_(Pokémon)

The crystal pokemon. Excellent....

The worst of them all.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Daburan_(Pokémon)

The cell pokemon. No comment.

I recognize that we all have different opinions on the matter. I am just interested to see what you guys think. Thanks for reading!

fullmetalsean

dragon trainer
where to get giovanni event celebi?

ok so its an event, but when and where? and if anyone has a japenese event celebi interested in trading?;444;

i'm not gonna lie i've been playing pokemon my whole life and my opinion on the matter is that Kanto pokemon are just the best, you can never mess with the originals but yes they do have there faults ex. voltorb, but you can almost use all of them without complaining, then onto second place with second generation, again some of my favorite , all those pokemon are again usable, but does have its faults, ex. smeargle shuckkle, third generation was also very good, i'm actually playing ruby right now, and have an arangment of gardevoir, manectric, flygon, and charizard, and onto diamond and pearl, the storyline was good but the pokemon we're pretty horendous, not good at all i felt like my mojo declined, i mean i still loved the game but the starters sucked as well as 85 percent of the pokemon, the black and white pokemon look well.... okay, not as good as ruby not even close but then again not quite as bad as d&p, another downfall is the starters are once again an utter fail

I'm a real player, who wants to talk master stradegy?

i've been playing my whole life, i love the game and respect it so i don't use any cheats, no action replay crap, i think of myself as a master, who wants to just talk pokemon?

ForteAnly

I don't really like Sinnoh because some of the Pokemon, characters, and locations were annoying or uninteresting. That's just me though.

Last edited:

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
It's unlikely to be in February because that's the month the Shiny Suicune event ends. If it does occur then, It'd probably be late in the month.

Miss Smartsies

café ♥ mocha
I wasn't a fan of Sinnoh because the towns felt really dull and uninteresting. Hearthome and Jubilife- the biggest cities- seemed dead, and the liveliest place was Solaceon town, which felt very small and secluded. The story of the place seemed like it could have been done so much better and in all, the Team Galactic/legendary Pokémon story seemed more like a side quest than a main plot.

For a region that introduced the "god" of Pokémon, why were the games not centered around that? Doesn't make much sense.

And the Pokémon didn't feel like Pokémon. The best way I've heard them described was "They're too round... They look like bath toys."

halloweenghost

Sinnoh was great! I'm a pokemon verteran since Red blue days. I've not played Black and white yet but platinum IMO had the best story.

halloweenghost

It's unlikely to be in February because that's the month the Shiny Suicune event ends. If it does occur then, It'd probably be late in the month.

they have done similar events back to back..so why not? I figure it maybe later into the month of Feb myself.. but who knows. Toys R us is giving away Ash's Pikachu on Jan 30th to Feb 6th Feb. but it also depends on what store gives it out too.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Congratulations, you're a Pokémon master. Maybe we should battle sometime and see who is the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.