• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
What is this 'stradegy' you speak of?

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Then don't play. I don't mean to sound like a fanboy but in all honesty, it's 100% opinionated. If you don't like them then too bad because I honestly enjoy some of them. Admittingly I feel that third gen had the best looking pokemon but once again I know that's an opinion.

I swear it's like people don't understand that their opinion means as much as a jar of dirt to everybody else.

Edit: wtf you mean useable? I don't even think you know what your talking about. Many of 1st gen's pokemon suck from a battling perspective. Do you want a list? Your just a nostalgic 20 year old or (more likely) a 13 year old trying to look cool because you honestly didn't convey your message correctly or clearly..

useable? any pokemon is useable.

Last edited:

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
If you love your pokemon and trust in the heart of the cards, your a pokemon master.

I bet OP uses a Charizard with 3 fire moves and Strength because 'Charizard is T3H b3stest'

I didn't like the Sinnoh region much because there seemed to be too many things going on with the climate. They varied from desert wasteland to wet bog to heavy snow, which, in my opinion, is way too many things for one area. I found the towns to be boring, and the evil team's goal was too big for my taste.

As for the Pokémon, however, I liked them. I thought they were well thought-out, and their designs were cool. I also thought the gym leaders and Elite Four were pretty cool, but I can't say I was a huge fan of Cynthia.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I would be a Freelance Pokemon Trainer with the Pokemon you see on my sig.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
I never liked any of the generation's stories. They are all either too bland or just too unbelieveable. (Omg your team of lvl40 pokemon just saved the universe from Dialga!!!!1!1... and your still weaker than Cynthia.. makes no sense)

From just a pokemon standpoint, eh, I liked it better than Second generation. Second has some ugly, bland pokemon.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
another downfall is the starters are once again an utter fail

Isshu/Unova 's starters are MILES ahead of 4th gen's starters.

Also, While 1st gen had the most pokemon that I liked a lot, 5th gen has pleanty of designs that I really like. Mijumaru/Oshawott, Daikenki, Tepig, Emboar, Hiyakki, Barujina, Doryuzu, Rankarusu, etc. And also, 5th gen has the least amount of pokemon that I downright DISLIKE.

Ausgirl

I liked most of the new pokemon and the legendaries (but then again I like all dragons) so the main problem for me was the uninteresting storyline and the annoying friend/rival.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
The pokemon are less original, there are tons of legendaries, the plots getting old, Team Galactic is pretty stupid (at least in my opinion), and its the noobiest region. The most over used pokemon is in it, AKA Garchomp. Several people use Sinnoh pokemon so their are very few under used or never used pokemon. I apologize if I come off rude, but Kanto's my home, the first region, so its kind of expected. No offence but could you please work on your grammer? I'm usually not picky about it but....yeah...

I'm gonna be honest here, I rarely ever play my uncompleted Platinum game (don't worry, I started it in the summer) and only play my Pearl for Pokemon Ranch or breeding pokemon to send to other games. Even when I play Pokemon Battle Revolution, I rarely ever use my pearl version file. Also, In my opinion, alot of the disigns are stupid, town and pokemon wise. The towns where boring, and the pokemon looked stupid, some do at least. There where some I liked but some I hated. Magneton and Giritina are horrible, to me. The design are bad and the stats for many pokemon are stupidly high! Usually the pretty old pokemon fans are the ones who are like this, but it also goes for those who started in the before Sinnoh games. Even Isshu in my opinion is better, because I think pokemon mostly heard our cries. Hoenn is okay, because the fact that most of the region was covered with water is whats original about it. Again, if I come off rude, I'm probably just going overboard with what I'm saying and apologize.

Last edited:

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Sinnoh is the region i started to like pokemon, before that i thought it was stupid.

Sinnoh i think will be the best region, i liked the plot, and i liked many of the features. The thing, and pretty much the only thing, i didn't like about it was that it had barely any new pokemon, compared to the other regions, and many of those few pokemon were legendary or pseudo-legendary, or you couldn't get them until after the nationaldex.

Other than that, i loved Sinnoh.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Everyone knows Charizard should have a flying move, it has STABZORS!

Either the work of a silly child or clever troll.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Everyone knows Charizard should have a flying move, it has STABZORS!

Either the work of a silly child or clever troll.

catzeye

Writer's Block
From just a pokemon standpoint, eh, I liked it better than Second generation. Second has some ugly, bland pokemon.

Finally, someone who share's my opinion on the second gen of pokemon.

I agree whole-heartedly with you guys on that one. Second-gen did not have a lot of Pokemon that I liked.

Sinnoh's Pokemon were ok but I really liked the storyline of Sinnoh. It was pretty deep (as deep as Pokemon game will get) and the characters had interesting backgrounds as well.

Overall I liked Sinnoh well enough.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Everybody doesn't hate Sinnoh. There are plenty of people who like and dislike it, just as there are with every other region. We don't need to go over that again during the holiday season. :p

Profesco

gone gently
The number of people who ignore rules and directions is increasingly annoying. ~_~;

Profesco

gone gently
If you'd like to "just talk Pokemon," go just talk Pokemon in the 50+ Pokemon threads in this section and its subsection. Do not make a vague, aimless thread with no purpose.

Profesco

gone gently
"I like this. You may like that, but I like this, and so this is objectively better. Furthermore, I hear a handful of people say they like those, and a handful of other people say they like these, so that must mean that everybody likes those and these in the same amounts. And now, I don't much like them new ones, so clearly there is something objectively wrong with them new things."

I would have loved to do this with a more Seussian vocabulary - you know, wiggums and kerjiggums and so on - but I'm tired and annoyed. The mock explanation of what is wrong with "Something's wrong with [such and such] Pokemon/Region/Generation" threads will have to do as is. The other thing I'll say is that if you want to talk 5th gen, please do so in the 5th gen sections.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
What is your avorite pokemon type?

just wondering what everybody's favorite type is
mine is either fire or dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.