• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never saw the appeal of Dragonite. I might just dislike the fact that Dragonair, a pretty cool looking blue serpent, out of nowhere turns into this goofy, rotund, tan dragon. I can understand Gyarados, because it has a backstory to it, but Dragonite eludes me.

I suppose I can't complain about silly looking Pokemon though, my favorite steel type is Gigiggear.

Pokemon Ruler Kun

Two Pokemon I'll never be able to use, because they are so freaking ugly, are Probopass and Purugly.

@Pokemon Ruler -- It made me SO mad to see that Glameow evolved into that hideous beast. Really? Was that necessary?

@Maguschild -- I agree. And worse yet, that thing just freaks me out. I can handle Nosepass, but Probopass....ew.

i totally agree with you! I love glameow, but its evolution is horrible!

Pokemon Ruler Kun

@SasakiThePikachu and Raiga, I think there is misunderstandment between u two.i understood what both of u where saying the whole time. SasakiThePikachu is trying to bring humor here, and Raiga is trying to stop/prevent stupid/immature posts. but i think the fight between u 2 is just about over now. this thread is about the APPEAL of pokemon, not the origin/meaning of the pokemon. Or even about the use in battle. the origin/meaning/battle use has nothing to do with the APPEAL of the pokemon, as in the look/style of a pokemon. I'm not taking sides. I'm not mad at any1, I'm just posting what I am noticing and trying to help.

Edit-P.S now back to the topic of the thread!

Anyone know any "No Experience" codes for Pokemon Yellow?

I'm about to start an LP of Pokemon Yellow, with a code on that prevents any of my Pokemon from gaining experience. Can someone please help me?

Growltarist

Growlithe Guitarist
I could say it for a lot of the newer evolutions in Generation 4 such as Electabuzz, Magmortar, Probopass and Magnezone... I mean, I know it made a lot of our older pokemon stronger, but I just don't understand how they are appealing... well, appearance-wise. Call me a Gen 1 junkie but most of the time, I just prefer the simpler designs of pokemon like growlithe and meowth rather some of those super-detailed evolutions. x3

Skydra

Sometimes there isn't enough design in the old Pokemon; Electrode? A sphere with a face? Dugtrio evolving from something that looks exactly the same just now there are three of them? By the way, I think you mean Electivire, not Electabuzz.
I agree about Magmortar and Probopass. Ugly, and they didn't make Magmortar's "gun" look decent like they did with Blastoise.

-Raiga-

@SasakiThePikachu and Raiga, I think there is misunderstandment between u two.i understood what both of u where saying the whole time. SasakiThePikachu is trying to bring humor here, and Raiga is trying to stop/prevent stupid/immature posts. but i think the fight between u 2 is just about over now. this thread is about the APPEAL of pokemon, not the origin/meaning of the pokemon. Or even about the use in battle. the origin/meaning/battle use has nothing to do with the APPEAL of the pokemon, as in the look/style of a pokemon. I'm not taking sides. I'm not mad at any1, I'm just posting what I am noticing and trying to help.

Edit-P.S now back to the topic of the thread!

Well, I was already under the inclination our thing was already done with. However no, I'm not here to "stop immature posts" or anything like that. They made a post, and I disagreed with it in an over the top manner, and they took offense, simple as that.

Anyways, since people I discuss with in this thread always mention me not posting my opinion in the thread, here's mine.

And it's not a pokemon, because my opinion is simply that, I really have no problem understanding the appeal of any pokemon(up to 4th gen, I haven't seen 5th yet).

To start off with, I don't see much point in mentioning unknown pokemon. It gets on my nerves when someone mentions something like granbull, because yeah thats fantastic, but who on earth acted like granbull was a very appealing pokemon.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, the really popular pokemon like the kanto starters, pikachu, mew, mewtwo, dragonite, garchomp, and arceus, I've never had any problem in not understanding. So thats my opinion for those who care.

Growltarist said:
I could say it for a lot of the newer evolutions in Generation 4 such as Electabuzz, Magmortar, Probopass and Magnezone... I mean, I know it made a lot of our older pokemon stronger, but I just don't understand how they are appealing... well, appearance-wise. Call me a Gen 1 junkie but most of the time, I just prefer the simpler designs of pokemon like growlithe and meowth rather some of those super-detailed evolutions. x3

Thing is though, none of the evos are really any more detailed than their previous ones. Magmortar/electivire have about equal amount of details compared to their pre-evos, and many like gallade and magnazone are the same. If you ask me personally, I'd say there's no doubt in my mind 90% of those evos were made during their pre-evo's respective region, and just showed up in fourth gen.

Slick_281

Me
well i would be the shadow trainer, traveling at night training only with my favorite Pokemon. I would be the best, with my best Pokemon Shadowsyth by my side, only i would train him from the day he hatched from his egg and being one of the rare shinnies he is, he would be the most powerful Pokemon of his type and species. Along with him i would train up all my Pokemon to be the strongest
;003;Venusaur-my all time favorite starter
;149;Dragonite- my favorite dragon
;405;Luxray- he is just awsome looking and now with night slash
Shanderaa -the first fire type i really like
;197;Umbreon-My favorite eveeloution
Oh and ;000;Shadowsyth- first look and i had to have him
Lepardas- Shadowsyth's mate ;)
;130;Gyarados- only water pokemon i like, the new stater's final evolution is pretty cool
;362;Glalie-just looks cool
;214;Heracross-love the look of him had to get him too
if permitted one legendary my all time favorite and best to me
;491;Darkrai

these are just the start i would be the best!

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Lugia and Charizard were two of my most favourite pokemon ever. I still love them. Particularly because those two were one of the earliest pokemon i knew along with Pikachu and Togepi.

But Lugia and Charizard are incredibly overrated. Is it because they're nostalgic and people like them for the same reason i do? Cos i never figured out why they were so immensely popular.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Klink and it's evos - This has got to one of the worst designs for a character in video game history.

Profesco

gone gently
You won't find cheat code help on this forum.

Profesco

gone gently
Wait a minute! There's a thread for this topic in Poke Polls already, and it's a sticky. It's the "If You Could Be..." thread or something similar.

-Raiga-

Lugia and Charizard were two of my most favourite pokemon ever. I still love them. Particularly because those two were one of the earliest pokemon i knew along with Pikachu and Togepi.

But Lugia and Charizard are incredibly overrated. Is it because they're nostalgic and people like them for the same reason i do? Cos i never figured out why they were so immensely popular.

Well, charizard is pretty easy, it was simply the easiest, and most typical for that matter, to obtain pokemon that was badass. Multiply that with ash's story with charmander influencing kids to use him, and him having the rarest card(price-wise) in all of the tcg, and you have yourself the biggest player in pokemon next to pikachu.

Lugia had pretty much the last popular pokemon movie in theatres, and was simply a cool looking legendary that was the focus of one of the two metal games. Frankly, I think its crazy to put lugia, or anything after first generation up there in popularity with charizard, but I assume those would be the main reason it was as popular as it was.

^.^

Banned
What are your thoughts on....

MELOETTA ??

One of the legendary pokemon in 5th generation, I love her look *.*

nikohesus

Banned
An interesting Pokemon, just don't search up Rule 34...

Charazemma

reminds me of celebi, not too sure if i like it yet though

Status
Not open for further replies.