• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp

Yanappu

Cute o3o
Tyranitar destroys mountains

What's so disturbing about this? So do humans.

Ash stole Misty's bike, destroyed it, then did nothing. Hurray for supporting theft and destruction of property.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I named my Spiritomb 'Hopper'

My hubby's Electivire is named Raijin.

DarthMoogle

Forum-Moogle
Ah, pokemon names...I, er, *cough* named my charizard from Firered..."Daisy". IT'S SO ORIGINAL, NO?
As I am also trying to masuda-method a shiny vulpix, I keep giving them all the "V" names I can think of...AND THEN SOME. Ha...ha...

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I named my Vulpix "Sela"
It's from a book that you guys probably never read, so you probably don't get it...

Myowu

It's said "Meow-woo"
Hmm...I named:
Wailord: XROZYG SEA
Noctowl: Archemedis
Meganium: Vine
Persian: Luna
... and I forgot what others

In the pokedex it says team rocket killed cubone's mother and that's why it wears the skull on it's head, so does that mean that there's a squad of team rocket people out there just waiting to kill every cubone mother the moment it gives birth? :S

XXD17

Draco rex
Thinking about this made me lol big time...it reminds me of the first time I ever decided to nickname a pokemon...It was my second time around playing fire-red and I was assembling my team charmander as a starter, pidgey, dratini, etc...I'm Chinese so I decided to give them Chinese names that actually exist like "Huo Long" (translates to "fire dragon") for charmander and "Shen Long" (translates into "mystical/godly dragon") for dratini...then I searched for a water type and decided on a gyarados being the lover of dragon-like pokemon...however, my list of dragon-related Chinese names were running out until I decided on naming my magikarp "Long Wang" which translates into "dragon king" and it was a sensible name considering in Chinese mythology, the 4 dragon kings lived under water and were responsible for the rain...It was a brilliant idea when I thought of it and I didn't even realize the OTHER interpretation it had until I was about to transfer my level 100 adamant gyarados to my diamond...so glad I caught the problem before I started using it in online battles...

Last edited:
My Meganium and Politoed are Clopin and Feste. They reminded me of court jesters X3

My Noctowl is Athena, Ampharos is Beacon (original, yeee), Gengar is Crypt and Ninetales is Chinatsu, which means 1000 summers in japanese, I'm 99.9% sure XD (Fire type=Sunny Day=Summer. Ninetales lives for 1000 years. Mmmhmm)

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Thinking about this made me lol big time...it reminds me of the first time I ever decided to nickname a pokemon...It was my second time around playing fire-red and I was assembling my team charmander as a starter, pidgey, dratini, etc...I'm Chinese so I decided to give them Chinese names that actually exist like "Huo Long" (translates to "fire dragon") for charmander and "Shen Long" (translates into "mystical/godly dragon") for dratini...then I searched for a water type and decided on a gyarados being the lover of dragon-like pokemon...however, my list of dragon-related Chinese names were running out until I decided on naming my magikarp "Long Wang" which translates into "dragon king" and it was a sensible name considering in Chinese mythology, the 4 dragon kings lived under water and were responsible for the rain...It was a brilliant idea when I thought of it and I didn't even realize the OTHER interpretation it had until I was about to transfer my level 100 adamant gyarados to my diamond...so glad I caught the problem before I started using it in online battles...
You SO win.

Blackbomber72

Eccentric
Also that fact that you can breed with a mindless blob of transforming-ness.

ditto is the cutest pimp you`ll ever see

Mr. Psychic knows what you came for!

Hilarious

I am often afraid of catching ghost pokemons, they live in places with such creepy music. The worst is the Old chateau, mainly because of a rumor a guy told me in which there is a chance of the ghost moving toward you.. and then.. a battle with glitch pokemon, erase your file. It scared me.

Also using the poke radar... not only you kill a lot of pokemon, or you catch them and take them from their natural habitat. Pretty damaging to the environment coming from a gift a professor gives you

Phailsafe

Like a Boss!
I named my legit shiny Ralts Soap. :D
Also named a female Charizard Ferrari,
and a Metagross Minatauro.

Profesco

gone gently
Nickname Discussion link in the rules. I know it works; I checked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.