• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
This issue used to bother me quite a bit when Emboar's type combination was first revealed, but I don't mind anymore.

Anyway, here are some type combinations I'd like to see for the fully-evolved forms of the starter Pokémon:

Grass/Dragon
Fire/Dark
Water/Ice

Zorg

Spongetastic
This issue used to bother me quite a bit when Emboar's type combination was first revealed, but I don't mind anymore.

Anyway, here are some type combinations I'd like to see for the fully-evolved forms of the starter Pokémon:

Grass/Dragon
Fire/Dark
Water/Ice

That wouldn't really work, the Fire/Dark starter wouldn't have a very fair type advantage compared to the others. In the type trios, not only does each type have to go in a triangle of super-effectiveness, they must also go the opposite way in terms of not very effectiveness. So dark/psychic/fighting wouldnt work since psychic isn't not very effective to dark, it doesn't affect it AT ALL.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Yesh! I'm getting tired of these. My favorites are Typhlosion and Charizard. ^ Those typing would be pretty cool for a starter.

Profesco

gone gently
Ok I have played the pokemon games since day 1 and always loved them, but is anyone else fed up of the whole fire starter pokemon ending as a fire/fighting type? With black and white that now makes 3 fire starters in a row to have these final typer after evolving.

If you could see them shake it up what would you like to see? I personally would like them make a grass type starter end as a grass/fighting, a water that ends as a water/psychic and a fire end as a fire/dark. This was all 3 would be able to match each other for advantage and disadvantage.

If you want to rail about the Fire starter's type in the most recent three regions, do it here. If you want to post your ideas/desires for the next starter trio, use the "Create / Rename" sticky in Poke Polls.

Also, eyes are fun. They're even more fun when you use them to look at things.

hever

022611229PM
Probably where Giovanni got the idea to clone Mew
Yeah, they probably did the GSC trick with the PC to clone them.

The size of Iris' hips; they're pretty damn wide, especially in comparison to the rest of her body. For me, that breeds some disturbing scenes inside my head of her either being molested or harrassed sexually.

I dunno...

lol. She has a jacket tied around her waist?

stenli

Flabebes
It's disturbing when your Machoke, Machamp, Kadabra, Alakazam are female...
And when I see a male Gardevoir...
It's just inappropriate...

Bad Dreams

Have you ever been laughed at by other players for using Pokemon who are labeled UU and NU because they're inferior to the Pokemon in OU in terms of base stats? It could drive a stubborn player to suicide because he can't play a mix of his favorites from each tier on the same metagame.

Who the hell is going to kill themselves over Pokemon?

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Have you ever been laughed at by other players for using Pokemon who are labeled UU and NU because they're inferior to the Pokemon in OU in terms of base stats? It could drive a stubborn player to suicide because he can't play a mix of his favorites from each tier on the same metagame.

If you're really worried about people laughing at you for playing a video game (A VIDEO GAME!... A THING YOU PLAY WITH TO HAVE FUN!) your way to have fun, I suggest seeking help... ASAP.

ChuckNorris

Lavender Town sorta gives me the jibblies. There was a ghost in it at one point, it has very few NPCs there, and it has somewhat creepy music. And the little ghost girl in the Old Chateau.

Legendaries are supposed to be gods or other devine creatures. It's like, say, if you were Christian, you don't believe God has a gender, right?

The Bible usually refers to God as male.

Last edited:

THa pkmn masta

Master Trainer
yea like feraligatr why did they make him water type and why did they make him so slow he has good defense and atk stats but sp atk is so low but he has a good movepool so its no problem but why do they make these pokemon only good at one thing and like suck in everything else like darkrai he is very fast and can mess people up with darkvoid but if he gets hit he like faints first hit.

Last edited:

moonlightning

Farfetch'd is an example of this, but with stick and high critical hit moves like leaf blade and night slash it can pretty reliably critical hit. Also your opponent underestimates slow and fragile Pokemon so you can agilipass pretty easily on them.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Game balance exists out of the context of competitive metagame.

Even in-game, the typing matchups were horribly, horribly unbalanced in Gen I, and it was noticeable.

So I think those decisions were made more simply because they were intuitive for the mechanics to evolve throughout the series' development. I really doubt they did any of this for the sake of competitive battling.

Not Gen I and Gen II's introdutions. In fact the reason of many of the nerfs to Psychics (especially in official tournaments) was obvious, including the Uber list that was made official through Nintendo with... Guess who?

Later on they implemented random crap that helped improve it and on a note: In game balance in a Breeder RPG doesn't really matter. Just ask DQM, DMW, or more.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
In-game balance does matter.

Makes the game more enjoyable from every angle, gives more way to play. You can't simply deny that.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How Pokecharms Trainer Card maker isn't working...and it's been a year now...

I'm starting to think that their trainer card maker will never be fixed

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
yea like feraligatr why did they make him water type and why did they make him so slow he has good defense and atk stats but sp atk is so low but he has a good movepool so its no problem but why do they make these pokemon only good at one thing and like suck in everything else like darkrai he is very fast and can mess people up with darkvoid but if he gets hit he like faints first hit.

umm, have you ever heard of a period? I hear they are very helpful to seperate yur ideas. :) but feraligator and gyrados are physical sweepers, not special. and if you played a pokemon game from the last 5 years you would know about the physical/special split, meaning they can make use of their best stat while STABing. also if you give your 'gator avalanche, it will have 120 base power if it took a hit earlier. so if it has the bulk to take a garchomp hit, it will get revenge

Aesir

Breeder
Lavender Town sorta gives me the jibblies. There was a ghost in it at one point, it has very few NPCs there, and it has somewhat creepy music. And the little ghost girl in the Old Chateau.

So I'm not the only one who's seen her?

phew

Status
Not open for further replies.