• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Okay, using the main site, here's a list of all of the renamed types, using the most common word in moves of that type as the new name. New types are first, and the old types are second.

Hyper - Normal
Fire - Fire
Leaf - Grass
Water - Water
Thunder - Electric
Order/Bug - Bug
Sky/Air/Peck/Attack - Flying
Punch - Fighting
Poison - Poison
Ice - Ice
Mud - Ground
Rock - Rock
Power - Psychic
Shadow - Ghost
Metal/Iron - Steel
Night/Dark - Dark
Dragon - Dragon

Remember, kids, Night type beats Shadow type, but both are strong against Power type. Power type is good against Punch type, which is in turn good against Hyper type. Attack type beats Order type, and Mud type is advantageous versus Thunder type (though it is weak against Leaf type).

Last edited:

Eve

Hey.
Well how about you make a fangame that no one will play, and apply these changes there? GameFreak won't take Ideas from fans.

Tollen

Lord of Falling Ice!
For kicks and giggles I would like to bring up that in every generation except 5th the move Curse was "???" Typing. Belonging to absolutely no other type, yet Ghost got a different use from it than any other typing? Why? There was even an Arceus sprite for the "???" Type.
Then, 5th Gen comes along: Curse's typing is now Ghost. Why the sudden change this Gen?

SpaceSheep

Training Since 1998
For kicks and giggles I would like to bring up that in every generation except 5th the move Curse was "???" Typing. Belonging to absolutely no other type, yet Ghost got a different use from it than any other typing? Why? There was even an Arceus sprite for the "???" Type.
Then, 5th Gen comes along: Curse's typing is now Ghost. Why the sudden change this Gen?

Probably tired of people asking about it? I dunno.

Tollen

Lord of Falling Ice!
I mean, personally I think it makes sense that they finally changed it, but "???" type? Really? And why would you make an Arceus Sprite for it?!?!

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
LMAO. first of all, this threads name should be "renamed" not "replaced." totally misleading. yes not all steel attacks have the word steel in them. big deal. its not like theres an aluminum type that people are going to confuse together. and I dont see the word fighting in every fighting-type attack name. steel sounds better. you are entitled to your opinion, but Im pretty sure youre alone on this

Tollen

Lord of Falling Ice!
Lololol

Iron and Steel. Steel is certainly not an element.

Lau

★ Go, Rai!! ★
From Shedinja's BW Entry:
A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit.
I find it disturbing. Now I don't wanna train a Shedinja. Even if it's a cool pokémon ('cause of Wonder Guard :D)

Last edited:

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
Ohh my gosh, almost none of the Normal tyme moves have the word normal in it! Let's change Hyper Beam to "Normal Beam" or "Hyper Normal"

Sorry, I have to sig this.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Let me get this sraight, your argument is: because there aren't many steel-type moves with names that actually have the word steel in them, GameFreak should completely remove the type alltogether, creating much chaos with fans regarding the 38 Pokemon that already have the steel type and the 2 gym leaders and 1 champion who's teams are based on the type?

You must have really thought this through...

By your logic, Ground types should be removed as well. There isn't a single Ground move with the word "Ground" in it's name.

SpaceSheep

Training Since 1998
I think he just wanted to change the name of the type rather than remove it; so steel type pokemon would become metal type pokemon, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.