• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮

StonE EdgE

Brock n' Roll
My favorite abilities are Chlorophyll, Swift Swim, and Sand Rush. They are great on weather teams. (duh!) The only way to get around them is either pull out a Rayquaza, change the weather, or wait until it runs out. (if it isn't unlimited)

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Defeatist

Cuts its attack and sp. atk in half at half its HP and less.

User:Archeop

How to get around it: Use Gastro Acid in double battles, or have archeops run U-turn so it can't sustain any damage.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I was too lazy at the start, but I soon figured out it really wasn't that hard, so I don't have that problem anymore.

Vulken

The OD of the OG
It honestly isn't as hard as you'd imagine. If you put a reasonable amount of time into it, you can probably complete an entire team in a week or so. The most difficult thing for me is getting certain egg moves on a Pokemon. After that, it takes about an hour to breed one with a good nature, decent IVs, the better ability etc. and about another hour to EV train. So figure approximately 12 hours for a team of 6. Yes, it may sound like a lot but hey, at least you can be proud of your team.

And yes, I used to be the same as you. Recently, I finally decided to start building a team and it really wasn't that bad.

Vulken

The OD of the OG
Thanks man. That was the message I was hoping to get. I'm going to just go with it and build a team as soon as I fill up the national dex

No problem. And tip, Pokerus is your friend. Seriously, if you can get a hold of that and the power items EV training literally takes no time at all.

pokemaster001

y'know, there's the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout for people who are too lazy for that stuff
join if you wish

Vulken

The OD of the OG
Not an ability, but pretty cool in Double Battles. Have a Pokemon like Feraligatr use the attack Rage, then have a Pokemon such as Cloyster use Icicle Spear/any repeating move on the Raging Pokemon. This will effectively raise it's Attack stat 2-5 times. It's almost like a less-extreme version of Belly Drum.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Raising a Pokemon painstakingly for competitive battling = waste of time from my life. I just enjoy the games without having to taking it too seriously as if my life would depend on it.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
The anime is a medium to advertise the games. In order to accomplish that, the anime has overplayed itself to such an extent that it now seems the other way around.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Pikachu is overrated. 'nuff said.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I just realized something when they make Generation 6

As a Christian and a fan of pokemon, I know there are a lot of extremist Christians who say pokemon is evil. I don't think that but that's not why I started this talk, I was thinking, how do you think they'll react when they see a pokemon numbered six hundred and sixty six? If any of you don't know, six hundred and sixty six is the sign of the devil. So, how do you think people will react?

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
It'll be something totally innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.