• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-Star-Knight

Star Knight
(can't believe I read the whole thing...-_-)

-Anyways, back in Pokemon crystal. My older brother told me that if you picked a female character and entered the "Konami code" after your first battle with your rivil, you would be able to catch every Pokemon in the game... He was wrong
-Another rumor he told me is that you get a chance to catch a shiny every 100 hour of game play. I believe this one for the longest time

Mystica

Thrill Seeker
Why would a not even fully evolved pokemon need a buff? :|
It's already decent in-game, and it honestly doesn't get much play competitive-wise. It already has it's own items to help it out as well *Light Ball*
Raichu's better anyways. *coughs*

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
*sigh* Cutting out 39 Pokemon is not the origin of Missingno. It's a placeholder. Nothing more. Otherwise we'd have 256 Pokemon in Red/Green/Blue. The "mystery" has revealed for a long time now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MissingNo.

Deciding to only make 151 instead of 190 has nothing to do with glitches. See above.

Touche haha. I stand corrected.

Blahboy

WHEEL OF MUCUS!
Poison and Steel would actually be a very good typing. Although it has probably the two worst offensive types as STABs, the type has only two weaknesses(X2 to fire and X4 to ground) , four neutrality's (psychic, fighting, water, and electric), and everything else is resisted. That would even give Grass/Steel and Bug/Steel a run for their money in terms of how good it is defensively, especially if the pokemon has levitate.

BCVM22

It was. The animators made this Pokémon, without it ever existing in any other part of the franchise to begin with. This is further hinted at by how Ash refers to Articuno (I believe that was the one) as if it were the one he had seen, instead of Ho-Oh. This is likely because people who were further involved with the franchise looked over the first episode after the animation had been completed, and told them that the design was incorrect, making sure that they fixed it in the second episode, but being too late to make the change in the first episode. Later, due to immense popularity, they decided to actually include the golden Pokémon's design in the games, eventually as the one we all came to know as Ho-Oh. That is pretty much what happened, I'd say, but the part about reviewing the animation is just reasoning on my part.

What? What is this? No. You know better than this.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Volcarona says hi.

I want a Steel/Psychic Pokemon, that's not a a legendary.
Metagross, Bronzong...
Poison and Steel would actually be a very good typing. Although it has probably the two worst offensive types as STABs, the type has only two weaknesses(X2 to fire and X4 to ground) , four neutrality's (psychic, fighting, water, and electric), and everything else is resisted. That would even give Grass/Steel and Bug/Steel a run for their money in terms of how good it is defensively, especially if the pokemon has levitate.

I've never thought about that, that's a really cool typing actually, it would have the exact same number of immunities/weaknesses/resists as Grass/Steel, though I think it would have less quad resists. Potential Garbodor evolution? It would evolve into a bin :p

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
*sigh* Cutting out 39 Pokemon is not the origin of Missingno. It's a placeholder. Nothing more. Otherwise we'd have 256 Pokemon in Red/Green/Blue. The "mystery" has revealed for a long time now.
Well, not necessarily. What we do know now is that the MissingNo.s are the result of formatted data inside the game's programming; said data now occupying Cinnabar Island which the programmers decided to use as a placeholder. Exactly what data the programmers formatted is unknown. Zog is speculating that these were Pokemon whose designs were scrapped at the last minute.

One other thing that supports this theory is the relatively short amount amount of time between 1st and 2nd generation. Gen 1 lasted only from 1996-1999 that's the only three years which is a much shorter development than all subsequent games. This is explainable by the fact that developers already knew what Pokemon they were going to use in Gen II.

At least that's the theory. This is still all just speculation after all.

Mystica

Thrill Seeker
Poison/Steel would be a pretty interesting typing! ;D
I'd personally like to see a Dragon/Fighting and Flying/Fighting pokemon, purely to see what could be done with the designs.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I want to see a rock/dragon (A gargoyle or something like that) Maybe legend?
just imagine a HUGE city, way bigger than Castelia city.
i the city there is a HUGE building full of trainers, which extends towards the heavens.
At the top, this pokemon could be looking over the city waiting for a battle.
A rock dragon would be HORRIBLE against ice, but if its fast enough it could stone edge them before they can do anything.
Back to the city, all of this waste has to go somewhere right?
There would be a huge sewer system, full of grimer, muk and such.
Maybe there could be a legendary there.
Poison/Ghost? Dragon/Poison? Poison/Fire? Poison/Steel?
So many possibilities.

...Rock isn't weak to ice. That's Ground you're thinking of.

Myself, I'm still hoping on the Fighting/Flying Garuda Bird.

skadoosh2

I am a person :D
Darmanitan is toasty...

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
First of all, I would like ALL of the Eevee types that are missing (Ground, Flying, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Steel, Dragon, Poison, Rock & Normal... Why not?), and then maybe another new combination like they did with Victini, Sandile, Litwick & many others in this new generation.

I would like Poison/Electric, Dark/Psychic or Ghost/Fighting, but if there is another generation, I would really get angry if they create new pokemon with sad types like Normal/Water (Bibarel) or Normal/Grass (Sawsbuck)... Oh and also if they create another Normal/Flying Pokémon...

Status
Not open for further replies.