• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I think 5th gen was the Has the Best New Pokemon out of all other gens

My God! It's all so clear to me now! Your carefully thought out words of wisdom have helped me to see the light! I shall now go and promptly burn all copies of BW I can find. All hail the new messiah!

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
I thought Gyrados was a Dragon for the Longest time.

I agree, and I also find it quite hilarious that Gyrados is in fact part flying type! lol flying? really? Since when can they fly? It can't even learn a single flying type move... (with the exception of bounce in gen 4 from the move tutor)

Nyter

Island Challenger
When I first saw the Pokemon, I said "ehh USA is thought of as home to nuclear accident creatures"...

but then you warm up to them. And in my case LOVE EM!

So go by the saying "Don't knock it til you've tried it"

Go ahead, rent the game and see if you really DON'T want to have the game.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
To be honest Pokemon are starting to look a lot more like Digimon.
Looks like there isn't anymore animals that Game Freak can draw these days.

But I still like the Pokemon though just not enjoyable as the first 251 pokemon.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Dear God, I have to go though this nearly every day. I'm not going though this for the hundreth time, I'm getting tired of it. I hated fourth gen but I don't go around saying ahhh, fourth gen sucks I hate it, I',m not buying the games. People hate 5th gen just because of Trubish and Vanillite. Nintendos not "running out of ideas," they have hundreds of premade Pokemon. People are just dumb.See my post count? About twenty of those are me pointing this out to idiots. I could go on, but I'm not because I'm tired of saying it.

We need to get BCVM22 down here, maybe he can get my point across to you.

Last edited:

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
I agree, and I also find it quite hilarious that Gyrados is in fact part flying type! lol flying? really? Since when can they fly? It can't even learn a single flying type move... (with the exception of bounce in gen 4 from the move tutor)

Actually, Aireal ace. TM.

Validus

I agree to some extent with what you are stating. Dragons are a rare Pokemon type. The programmers conserve it that way by not making it so easily accesible to obtain. Besides, Charizard is best as a dual Fire/Flying type for its immunity against grounds types.

while forcing it to be destroyed by rocks with x4 weakness.

i do agree with your initial post in that it helps balanced the starters. i think starters have no need to ever be dragon typed, if they ever do then so be it. i just hope they do it well.

personally i don't see why any of them should have dragon. Serperior is a snake and Secptile is a lizard. if every reptile is going to be compared to dragons that why not sandile and its evo line?

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I personally didn't like the 5th generation Pokemon either when I first saw them. Seriously, I almost cried. I was like, "WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?!?!" But now, I really like the 5th generation. It's like an aquired taste (just like Propel Zero). You have to let it sit for awhile to adjust.

For example, take Scraggy. I hated the thing when I first saw it. It was probably one of my least favorite Pokemon ever. I was playing through White one day and BAM: I come across a Scraggy. I saw it's little animation and knew I had to have it for my team. I love it so much now, I decided not to even evolve it.

Of course, there are always those who will never get used to the new pokemon, but really, it's your loss. Black/White are amazing games and the graphics are great too. It probably has one of the best told storylines of the entire franchise (in my opinion. I still like Platinum better, but this gave it a run for its money). The creators aren't going to change the designs for you. They're just going to keep making them even more "unusual." You either have to adjust or you'll fall out of Pokemon.

Toge Tamer

<- First Radar Shiny
To all people out there that still cling on to the hope that Charizard/Gyarados/Serperior will have a change in type:

They will never be Dragon types. In fact, no Pokemon will ever change types. The only Pokemon that has done so is Magnemite/Magneton, and that was only an additional type that was introduced in the generation. They already have dual types (bar Serperior, who has only recently been introduced) and the Dragon type has already being released, shattering any arguments of 'oh but it happened to Magnemite'.

/thread.

Validus

sorry but this is the worst thread i've seen today...

so me your own designs for pokemon and how they are better then what gamefreak makes. if you can't do that then you have no grounds to complain

and done

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
You know if Charizard was Fire/Dragon there would be other moves that can easily counter it. Outrage can be learnt by Blastiose and Venusaur.
Blastoise can even learn Rock Slide, Rollout and Rock Tomb.

Serperior has 5 type weaknesses adding Dragon to it would only neutralise Fire type and make it 4x weaker to Ice.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Meh Serprior wouldn't be bad as a dragon type Also even if Charizard was Dragon BLastoise would still betetr since it can learn ice type moves

Geekachu

When you think about it having a Grass/Dragon starter wouldn't be so much of a problem. It would have a crippling weakness to Ice so it doesn't really affect the Water Starter, and its Grass Typing means that it still recieves 1x damage from Fire Type attacks. There's no imbalance.

That being said, I can't envisage a part Dragon Starter or a part Psychic (for some reason) Starter in the near future.

Battlestar

TRC Boss

so me your own designs for pokemon and how they are better then what gamefreak makes. if you can't do that then you have no grounds to complain

and done

Me two the only reason i am posting here is to show you wrongfullness (and post counts)

The unova region is pretty nicely made. There is no ground for complaint here.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer

and done
A critic doesn't design/sing/make gourmet food. A critic is a judge. He/she doesn't have to do something or make something to say it isn't good. That's what we call an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.