• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Magikarp is...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashpro3

Pro3Studios' Pokémon 72-Hour Marathon for the Children's Miracle Network July 15-18

Hey, forum viewers of Serebii.com! I'd like to create some attention for our upcoming 72-hour Pokémon marathon. Seeing as this site has a lot Pokéfans, I'd like to take this opportunity to give some information about our marathon. If you don't know us, we're Pro3Studios. So far we've had two marathons in the past two years. The first series was Crash Bandicoot, and the second series was Spyro the Dragon. Both marathons were successful in their own right. This year, we want to exceed our previous goals and overall experience.

I know what you're thinking: this is just a last-minute idea for Summer fun. Far from, we've been planning this marathon for a year so far, and it's evolved to the point where we're close to being ready.

Here's a few quick things you should know:
  • The marathon will be broadcasted LIVE on UStream
  • There will be a moderated chat that we will be able to reply to via voice.
  • All donations will use a PayPal transaction. You do NOT need a PayPal account, but you may use one. A bank account or credit card works fine.
  • Anyone from around the world may donate and win prizes.
  • The marathon will be broadcasted in a split-screen format in a 3X3 grid.
  • All games will be simultaneously played.

Now, I mentioned prizes, but I will talk about that in a little bit.

For now, here's a list of games we'll be playing:
  • Pokémon FireRed Version
  • Pokémon Emerald Version
  • Pokémon Diamond Version
  • Pokémon Pearl Version
  • Pokémon HeartGold Version
  • Pokémon SoulSilver Version
  • Pokémon Black Version
  • Pokémon White Version

That's eight games when we've got 9 "boxes." Think of it like a tic-tac-toe board. The middle piece will be a counter of how many Pokémon were caught and how much money was raised.

NOW, we get to talk about prizes!

First off, there will be a raffle prize every time we catch a milestone of Pokémon. That's 151 Pokémon, 251, 386, 493, and then our final total (depends on if Nintendo releases those final few Pokémon in Generation V).

Now, we're not talking about cheap prizes, we're talking about Pokémon swag, games, and consoles. On top of that, the grand prize winner is for the person who donates the most money throughout the entire marathon. That prize is a copy of either Pokémon Black Version OR Pokémon White Version with ALL Pokémon caught during the marathon pre-loaded (please note that any Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL, or Nintendo 3DS OUTSIDE of North America may not play this game properly, but a Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite will work, and you may trade between other regions from my understanding, so you could simply trade over all of the Pokémon to your own copy). The winner will receive an email in which they must reply to in order to determine which version of the game he or she would like.

In order to get into a prize raffle, you must donate $5.00 (USD) for each raffle you want to participate in. So if you want in on all five raffles, that's $25.00. You may donate more money, but it will not effect your chances of winning a raffle prize. HOWEVER, if you donate certain amounts, we may sing a song of your choice (please keep it PG). A few ideas are $100 for a group Numa Numa Song, $20 for three singers, etc. Of course, we'll always make up new ideas during the marathon. We might have special events, like a pie in the face if we reach a certain amount of money in a certain amount of time.

Now, of course, the final piece of this is WHEN the marathon begins.

The marathon starts on July 15th at 1:00PM Central Standard Time (America). That would be 2:00PM Eastern Standard Time, 12:00PM Mountain Standard Time, and 11:00AM Pacific Standard Time. Anyone who attends about 13 hours early will be treated to Pikachu's Jukebox, where Pokémon music from games, movies, the anime, fan remixes, parodies, and fan-made songs will be played. This music will remain in the background for the entirety of the marathon instead of having eight games' audio being played on top of eight people giving commentary.

In other words you'll hear a lineup of over 500 Pokémon songs and eight people who will respond to the chat and talk about whatever comes up!
If you would like to stay up-to-date on this information, check out my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/crashpro3 (Please note that the games we're playing have gone through a lot of changes, so the games listed in some of the videos may not reflect the videos' lists.)
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pokém...iracle-Network-by-Pro3Studios/118324598240963

And of course, become appart of our audience on UStream:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pok%C3%A9mon-72-hour-marathon-to-catch-em-all-for-the-children-s-miracle-network

With that said, I will respond to any question, comments or concerns you have in the area below this post. Thank you!

Accelgor

METAGROSS SMASH!
I didn't feel bad for them. Untill one day I was hunting Audinos. I found an audino but it was shiny. I captured it. Poor guys. All they want to do is give you free Heal pulses but we take them for granted and use them for exp punching bags.

Jub-Jub

The Drifter
Pokemon Confession thread: confess your wrongdoings, or short comings in pokemon

I told my little sister if she traded me her pikachu from yellow,
id evolve it
trade it back to her
and then raichu would follow her arround......i feel slightly bad about that.

ive played through red over 20 times and ive never used squirtle or bulbasour as a starter.

i never beat pearl (i got bored and quit halfway through)

ive never evolved any of the evees iv'e ever had

ive knicknamed my snorlax "your mom" on several accasions

ive never completed a pokedex out side of R/B/Y

i don't liek mudkipz

Ok here goes nothing;

I have used an Action Replay before

Never beat Emerald

Never,ever completed a Pokedex

Never came across a shiny

Tried to EV train once, failed, and never tried it again

Used Legendary Pokemon in run-throughs

Swept my sister in a battle with hacked Pokemon which I claimed as my own.

Never raised a Pokemon to lv 100

^^^^^ And I've been playing since Pokemon came out

I have Linoone exclusively as an HM Slave.

Electric

I got Platinum for Christmas 2009 and I still haven't beaten it. I am so lazy, but I have all 8 badges and just need to beat the Pokemon League. That's OK because the Battle Frontier in HGSS is better and has better music.

I haven't had a level 100 Pokemon since like Red version. Honchkrow doesn't count because I used rare candies on it.

I used to use Legendary Pokemon in the main game.

The guidebook for RSE says that for the neutral natures (like bashful, quirky) that "stats don't increase or decrease" so I thought a level 100 Pokemon would still have like 20 HP and like 10 attack, so I never used neutral natured Pokemon.

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
I have sent a shiny Gulpin and Diglett into a bad Diamond copy. That file decided to pull a disappearing act one day.

I have also cloned using Emerald.

Jub-Jub

The Drifter
oh plus
using the missingNo glitch when i was 4. thinking how awesome i was with my unlimited masterballs and rarecandies, only to not be able to play it now. (or find another nonglitched one)
luckilly i never screwed around with original red.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Let's see...

I've never EV trained a Pokemon before. I'm trying to now, but I can only do 50 or so EV's before I get bored.

I've never completed a Pokedex, despite the fact that I've played at least 1 game from every generation.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I used an Action Replay in Pokemon Colosseum and Diamond. Also Ranger and Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time if they count.

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
I lost to Ghetsis.

I thought that Regirock wasn't a legendary and saved after beating him in Sapphire.

I used a Rotom in HeartGold that leveled up twice as fast as the rest of my team.

I got a Calm Zekrom and saved the game.

I have used AR.

I have been swept by a Togekiss and a Walrein.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
I've used an Action Replay to hack for Pokemon.
I've traded beloved Pokemon over the GTS for ones I'll likely never use in battle.
I've never beaten Leaf Green, Fire Red, Sapphire, Ruby, Red, Yellow, Crystal, or White and I own all of them.
I've used an Action Replay to hack for Rare Candies.
My first Pokemon is often stored in a PC box on my Pearl (Migrated from Leaf Green).
I regularly use the Pokeball glitch on Pokemon Collesseum.
I EV train Pokemon despite the fact I haven't battled over wi-fi in forever.
My first Pokemon team, where I didn't abuse my starter or a single Pokemon, was in SoulSilver.
I thought Rotom was a legendary.

1. Attempted to EV train but didn't understand how to do it >.<
2. Never EV trained
3. Taught a Dragonair Fire Blast
4. Never tried to complete the Pokédex
5. Never came across a random shiny in the wild
6. IVs confuse me
7. Use to burst through the storyline training only my starter
8. Used a a team of 6 uber legendaries as my traveling team once
9. Don't care about natures
10. Thought Rotom and Manaphy were legendaries

Accipitri

Space relic
Restarted a Yellow file that had Mewtwo caught because I saw a Muk use minimize and it scared me.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Using hacked pokemon for my gamerun for heartgold
used AR to get Rare candies,legendaries,get every pokemon in HG
I use poketransfer to get my hacked pokemon in black then breed them and release after
i use my masterball on a tornadus
use legendary birds and mewtwo for my firered run
thats all

Professor Poke

Audino needs a bigger and badder evolution next gen. Something like exploud. Gives 5x the exp of audino. It should be able to use perish song, protect, confuse ray and roar while holding a chople berry. It's healer ability is replaced with sturdy and regenerator is replaced with wonder guard.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
I do feel a little bad for audino. But I can not let them beat me in a battle when I am almost 85 levels higher than it. I do not hunt for them, but I will battle them

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
I didn't feel bad for them. Untill one day I was hunting Audinos. I found an audino but it was shiny. I captured it. Poor guys. All they want to do is give you free Heal pulses but we take them for granted and use them for exp punching bags.

I didn't feel bad until I read this.

On a side note, Audino hunting is great in the Giant Chasm. They are about level 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.