• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

gohan5

Irisboy
Okay, cross that. I meant how Emolga used Volt Switch. Usually she likes hitting random objects or the ground beneath her, missing her opponent completely. But I guess that's more towards her issue with not listening to Iris =/

@The sandwich: Volt Switch doesn't switch out pokemon if the opponent is KOed by the attack. Iris pretty much pulled off a risky move by using it since she'd pretty much be disqualified if Emolga was switched out.

Actually, Emolga I think most of the time does hit the opponent with Volt Switch before she switches out. I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure she always hits the opponent when using Volt Switch.

Even if Sawk wasn't KOed by Volt Switch I don't think Emolga would have switched out of the battle since it had turned in her favor again.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I wonder why Iris never commanded Emolga to use Discharge... its just like when Ash battled Stephan and Waten Gun was completely ignored.

CupidKirby

Actually, Emolga I think most of the time does hit the opponent with Volt Switch before she switches out. I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure she always hits the opponent when using Volt Switch.

Didn't she usually hit the ground? Or maybe I've been seeing it wrong since her capture episode.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Losses like this can happen sometimes... although Pikachu is stronger than Excadrill and Ash is a better trainer than Iris... This tournament did not mean a tremendous lot for Ash but it did for Iris after all the good and bad times with her Excadrill and about her goal of becoming a dragon master...

^ True. I agree that Pikachu MAY be stronger and the tournament meaning a lot to Excadrill, but I don't agree about Ash being a better trainer than Iris. XD

Last edited:

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Iris should have won against Ash just because he used Pikachu against her Excadrill. I'm not suprised at this outcome.

Iris should have won against Ash just because he used Pikachu against her Excadrill. I'm not suprised at this outcome.

Iris called out Excadrill after Ash chose Pikachu, not the other way around.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
^ True. I agree about Pikachu being stronger and the tournament meaning a lot to Excadrill, but I don't agree about Ash being a better trainer than Iris. XD
How exactly is Iris a better trainer than Ash? She makes the same mistakes as he does...like with Axew, she used Scratch on Golett when it clearly was known to be a Ghost type. At least Ash gave a reason to why he had Pikachu use Thunderbolt, which was to strengthen its spirit

Tericarax

Foolish/chosen one
An episode I didn't like.
Satoshi showed during the whole anime that Pokemon types didn't really matter if you use your brain. Pikachu was able to use in the first seasons his agility to get past the opponent's defense, and knock them out in a way or another.
Here, after all he did, using his brain, he wants Pikachu to stop a big creature going at top speed with his Iron Tail?...That is really fanservice I think. Just a way to make Iris wins, whilst she should not.
For Satoshi, who aims to be the world's greatest Pokémon trainer, this is really a stupid thing to do. Come on, can't the writers make him wins a tournament just ONE time? An easy one also? For Pikachu's sake, seriously.

*Rm*. In short, I didn't like that one. Don't mean to offense anyone. I just didn't like the way they made it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The battle could have been better and not feel so cheap. That's what people I think are really some what upset about. It doesn't matter if it was Cilan or Iris who was his opponent. A cheap battle is a cheap battle. I guess it kind of feels like a Tobais rip off.

Tericarax

Foolish/chosen one
Yeah, but Tobias had an excuse; using two legendary Pokémons. Here, it was an escadrill that we never saw battling that much, and he beated the crap out of Pikachu in no time.
That was really too cheap.

Graham Aker

Pikachu still did a significant amount of damage to excadrill according to Iris. But really, how was Pikachu suppose to win this battle anyway? All he had was Iron Tail really.....that's it.

How exactly is Iris a better trainer than Ash? She makes the same mistakes as he does...like with Axew, she used Scratch on Golett when it clearly was known to be a Ghost type. At least Ash gave a reason to why he had Pikachu use Thunderbolt, which was to strengthen its spirit

I never said Iris was better either. You said it yourself: they both make the same mistakes, which is why I don't think Ash is better either.

fubufubu

okay i haven't seen the episode but i DO know that iris is a complete nuisance.....and iris being iris she probably BERATED ash for losing!

Janovy

Banned
okay i haven't seen the episode but i DO know that iris is a complete nuisance.....and iris being iris she probably BERATED ash for losing!
No she didn't. She wasn't even cocky, Ash and Iris just congratulated each other for a good battle. Iris was just so cute and excited and sent the feathers she won to the Dragon Village.

RickHoenn

Banned
ONSCREEN she didn't! but if i know iris.....

What the hell? What do you think happened "offscreen"? LOL!

You hate Iris for the sake of hating her and don't give credit where is due, and watch the episode. ;)