• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

KingZekrom333

Grrr... HUNGRY!!!
Personaly in my own opinion if i where ash i would have chosen my pokemon based more on type advantage and not so mutch my instinct.in my opinion ash knew what pokemon iris had and what their weaknesses where so he should have used snivy or oshawatt.

Personaly in my own opinion if i where ash i would have chosen my pokemon based more on type advantage and not so mutch my instinct.in my opinion ash knew what pokemon iris had and what their weaknesses where so he should have used snivy or oshawatt.

He could only enter three Pokemon and he didn't know that he would have to battle her. He could only pick from Pikachu, Snivy, and Palpitoad. He should have used Snivy or Palpitoad, imo. Snivy could Attract and Palpitoad is a give-in.

I was disappointed by this battle. There was no way that Ash could win, but I was glad to see a win for Iris. I just didn't think it was a great battle. On the contrary, I LOVED the battle between Axew and Golett. It was awesome.

AmericanPi

Write on
I was disappointed by this battle. There was no way that Ash could win, but I was glad to see a win for Iris. I just didn't think it was a great battle. On the contrary, I LOVED the battle between Axew and Golett. It was awesome.

I agree that Ash VS Iris was on the short side, but hey, Pikachu and Excadrill used a lot of interesting battle tactics. Spinning Iron Tail = Epic Win. And there was awesome music in the background, too, so that made it all better. :D

I think the reason why Ash used Pikachu against Iris was that he didn't use Pikachu in any other battles, and wanted to give Pikachu a chance to battle.

And Axew learned Outrage, the most beastly Dragon-type move in the world... yeah, Iris is certainly getting stronger, and if she uses those Driftveil wings on Axew, Axew will become a huge force to deal with. ;)

10/10! ;144;

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
?

I don't see anyone yelling about Iris winning.

You should have seen the Spoiler topic when we found out.

I wish someone would upload this soon. It's the last great episode for a month or so.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Decent episode. It's a shame that Ash lost, but it was a great battle against Iris, though. The battle between Iris and Luke was good as well, and Iris managed to win against him by Outrage from Axew.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
So, not a fan of Iris winning the tournament she should have lost against Luke. But instead learned a move out of no where win it when she was clearly losing the match.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
Does anyone have a link to this episode? I can't find it anywhere on the internet but searching this thread for the link gave the whole episode away anyway but I still must see it myself. Anyone got a link to it?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I hope the writers don't have another bullcrap episode like this again until Ash loses the league. What the hell?! I am so glad this is over. Maybe the writers can look back at this and realize this episode was dumb.

Janovy

Banned
I hope the writers don't have another bullcrap episode like this again until Ash loses the league. What the hell?! I am so glad this is over. Maybe the writers can look back at this and realize this episode was dumb.
Why was this episode bullcrap?

Nekaku

Iris and Exadrill have been together longer then Ash and Pikachu. Pikachu also had a size and type disadvantage

Also don't assume Ash will lose the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Now now, Casey's only mad because Ash lost, even though beating Iris would require Godchu to pull an Outrage on Excadrill.

Overall, lovely episode. I found the bit where Iris realized her victory before running into Ex's arms to be wholly heartwarming.

I agree that Ash VS Iris was on the short side, but hey, Pikachu and Excadrill used a lot of interesting battle tactics. Spinning Iron Tail = Epic Win. And there was awesome music in the background, too, so that made it all better. :D

I think the reason why Ash used Pikachu against Iris was that he didn't use Pikachu in any other battles, and wanted to give Pikachu a chance to battle.

And Axew learned Outrage, the most beastly Dragon-type move in the world... yeah, Iris is certainly getting stronger, and if she uses those Driftveil wings on Axew, Axew will become a huge force to deal with. ;)

10/10! ;144;

Yeah, the spinning Iron Tail was cool. Didn't he use that aginst Paul's Froslass too?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. The battle between Ash and Iris was very impressive.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Iris and Exadrill have been together longer then Ash and Pikachu. Pikachu also had a size and type disadvantage

Also don't assume Ash will lose the league.

Even though people know that Iris and Excadrill have been training for a long time, Ash and Pikachu have too. It seems dumb for the writers to shrink Pikachu's level just for another character to get a promotion. I'm pretty sure Pikachu has had more than 99 wins if you add them all together.

Last edited by a moderator:

gohan5

Irisboy
Even though people know that Iris and Excadrill have been training for a long time, Ash and Pikachu have too. It seems dumb for the writers to shrink Pikachu's level just for another character to get a promotion. I'm pretty sure Pikachu has had more than 99 wins if you add them all together.

Pikachu's level wasn't "shrunk" as you put at all. Pikachu arguably fought much harder in this battle than any battle in BW so far so I don't get what you're complaining about. Pikachu lost to a strong opponent with a type disadvantage that's completely normal. There really was no way Pikachu could have won this without it seeming like favoritism. Enjoy like everyone else ^^

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Personally, I'm sick of people complaining about how Iris shouldn't have won because we haven't seen her train her Pokemon enough, so her saying that they are well-trained is violating "show, not tell".

I'm sorry, but when it comes to Pokemon training, it's usually best to tell, not show, because otherwise we get an animated Pokemon Let's Play, not, y'know, an actual Pokemon TV show. You can show it once in a while, sure, but dedicating episodes upon episodes to training, learning certain moves, and whatnot is exruciatingly boring. I'd think the audience could be smart enough to fill in the blanks that training happens offscreen between most episodes, so lengthy showcasing of it is unnecessary.

In any case, with the Pokemon that defeated Ash, Excadrill, we have seen that it's had lots of training, so there.

Last edited:

-Sarah

Disneyland <3
I think it's stupid that Iris won the battle. She doesn't have any experience compared to Ash. Pikachu should be way stronger than that by now. She did have a type advantage but that doesn't mean a thing. She shouldn't have won.