• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ash may have lost but i predict he will battle iris again sometime in unova and destroy her!

He cant do it without charizard or gible.

pokefandt

Iris won huh? Well if anyone deserves the win in this battle. I wonder if this battle will any effect on the interaction between Ash and Iris?

I agree heartily with Dman about Pikachu though. Sometimes it needs to take a backseat to the other pokemon on the team.

naughtynun

No, what is fact is that Pikachu will ALWAYS be on the show.

What is FACT is that every other Pokemon Ash gets means Jack crap in the end. No one will care that Ash had an Oshawott at the end.

Pikachu should be used sparingly, it's always going to have wins, it's always going to lose, it's always going to be in an episode.

But when it comes down to only being able to choose between three Pokemon, the last Pokemon that needs to be on there is Pikachu.

I already dislike Pikachu being used in every full battle (except that one 10 years ago) because the RAT will never be transferred out.

The least they could do is limit Pikachu's screen time, and battling. So many other Pokemon need it. And I don't care if it was Roggenrola, and Ash lost because Roggenrola lost, at least it would've gotten screen time and would've battled. This applies to any Pokemon.

But no we can't say that, can we? No we can't. All because of the choice Pikachu. Honestly all it needs is a decent win or battle once every 20 episodes or something, assuming everything else got treated fairly prior.

I totally agree, as I always say about pikachu and oshawott hogging. But as you said oshawott's time will go and pikachu will say. Hogging the whole series. Used in too many gyms, normal battles AND out in every episode. As you say one battle every 20 episodes is fine considering it will be in EVERY episode FOREVER. Plus I hate pikachu hogging the last slot in the league battle and generally every (bar gary) 6 on 6 match.

Using pikachu against excadrill was moronic and I had hoped it would be a 3 on 3 match, which I think is fair to say would be a good set up considering ash's chosen 3:

Excadrill vs palpitoad- iris' strongest against a disadvantage, palpitoad could have won or lost depending on who was chosen to win the overall match.

emolga vs snivy- rivalry, snivy whoops emolga

axew vs pikachu- walking pokemon, pikachu wins, obviously.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Pikachu's always going to be around and be used wether we like it or not, for those of you hating on it, get over yourselves.

I really don't mind Iris winning, but if she keeps calling Ash a kid over the next few episodes and starts acting like a snob because she beat him with type advantage then i will seriously doubt that the decision to have her win here was a good one and no different than Ash losing to Paul or Trip.

naughtynun

How would defeating Drayden payback this loss?

They were clearly reffering to Iris, we don't know who he will face in the last gym despite some on the forum being convinced they are psychic-typed.

Pikachu's always going to be around and be used wether we like it or not, for those of you hating on it, get over yourselves.

I really don't mind Iris winning, but if she keeps calling Ash a kid over the next few episodes and starts acting like a snob because she beat him with type advantage then i will seriously doubt that the decision to have her win here was a good one and no different than Ash losing to Paul or Trip.

I'll assume you NOT reffering to me seeing as I am not 'hating on' Pikachu. Obviously pikachu fanboys and girls don't think the vast screentime he recieves is unfair and not only should recieve equal but MORE screentime than all other team members, wheras I think it should get the least out of the all pokemon on the main cast.

Not everyone has to agree with you.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^it ain't just you, this thread's turning into one Pikachu bash fest and it needs to stop.--

and to think people used to get on Pikachu for winning battles like if it had beaten Excadrill, but when it loses it gets bashed too.

Just like always the fandom is never pleased.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

I agree I'm happy she won and Ash can learn from this defeat but now their she use this for reference when calling him a kid which is really annoying.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well I had a slight fear this would happen, I'm not upset honestly, sure Iris stole the spotlight in the last two episodes and sure Axew won with having a minor disadvantage of his own, even learning a new attack in the process, but we all know she won cause of a major type adavantage. I can only wonder if the writers didn't want Ash to win this tournement and then go on to win his Gym battle, though they could've just did what they did in Sinnoh with the Hearthome Tag Battle

this might be a bit too much speculation for the episode discussion thread, but I really think the writers had Iris win here to set up a more significant victory for Ash later on: namely, the Opelucid Gym.

I may be way off, and there's obviously no way to know for many many months, but I've got a strong gut feeling (that's even stronger after this episode) that Ash will defeat Iris to earn his Legend Badge.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!

Highly doubtful, she seemed perfectly gracious toward Ash when she won here, and she'll be too busy focusing on Meowth to boast about it anyway. And she wouldn't call him a kid because he lost; she only calls him that when he acts a certain way.

I knew iris would win, I love her and she's awesome

It's about time iris get her spotlight, she really deserves it, especially after taking so much unnecessary crap from fans

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Pikachu seriously needs to learn some new moves, fast.

Like dman said, Satoshi has to use another pokemon instead not learn new moves, the tihng just learned one, this will tell him probably to stop playing around with the typings, obviously he didn't know Iris would use Excadrill but even Axew has resistance to electric attacks, Emolga is electric too.

It ended up being a pretty awesome battle, whoever won the battle was great :p.

I knew iris would win, I love her and she's awesome

It's about time iris get her spotlight, she really deserves it, especially after taking so much unnecessary crap from fans

She isn't a real person, its not like she changed her destiny, someone writers her stuff :D, don't worry about the fans that are bashing even though there weren't much, the people that wanted Satoshi to win, weren't bashing Iris.

Oh guys for the last time, Kodomo ne is her catchphrase and she basicly proved Satoshi that type advantage does guarantee wins and that is her main criticism with him.

Last edited:

naughtynun

this might be a bit too much speculation for the episode discussion thread, but I really think the writers had Iris win here to set up a more significant victory for Ash later on: namely, the Opelucid Gym.

I may be way off, and there's obviously no way to know for many many months, but I've got a strong gut feeling (that's even stronger after this episode) that Ash will defeat Iris to earn his Legend Badge.

I thought exactly the same. Plus if she were to capture druddgion and deino or another dragon whilst having haxorus, and her other 2 perhaps 3 pokemon it would be like the in game battle plus extra, so there would be more gym wins to go around. This is what I want, why do people want to see ash face off against some old man we haven't even seen properly yet than someone else on the main cast?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

This. Even though we know Drayden is the leader, I think Iris will play a role in the Legend Badge. This Pikachu/Excadrill battle rivalry will end there.

Still waiting for this episode to be uploaded, but I saw the photos. Not surprised she won, but I'm surprised Axew learned Outrage. I definitely want to see the battle in full though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Iris won? Pfft, haha! That's rich. I'm so happy for her, though. I know that she's going to be getting a ton of hate from now on just because the writers decided to have her win the tournament, but on the brightside, she's proven that she can hold her own in battle. I'm so proud of her right now, but I'm even more proud of Ash since he didn't sulk like he usually does after a big loss. As for the actual battle: I thought it was average. I was expecting something a little more intense, but we got the same old thing that we've gotten before. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what Iris will do with those feathers, and I was pleased to see that Bianca still had a Zorua obsession like me. 8/10.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Great she won. Now we get to other things. But maybe if Ash picked another Pokemon than Pikachu in the three party, the outcome might have been different. However, just because she won doesn't mean she has to be the eigth gym challenge. Ash needs to battle one with a whole dragon party. I'm not bashing or anything but since she won, doesn't have to keep calling Ash a kid. Everyone knows that now. No need to rub it in.