• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! (703)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Great she won. Now we get to other things. But maybe if Ash picked another Pokemon than Pikachu in the three party, the outcome might have been different. However, just because she won doesn't mean she has to be the eigth gym challenge. Ash needs to battle one with a whole dragon party. I'm not bashing or anything but since she won, doesn't have to keep calling Ash a kid. Everyone knows that now. No need to rub it in.

Makes you want infernape back don't it?

Janovy

Banned
People are expecting her to rub it in his face? Lol. This tournament probably won't even be referenced in the future episodes. XD

An00bis

Wicked Witch
YAY I knew it, Ash had NO chance at beating Iris.

I'd add " regardless of the Pokemon she uses " but that'd be mean ...

Still it seemed rather out of character for him to purposely pick a bad type matchup against Exacdrill since he's been playing it by the books with matchups since ... Sinnoh? Maybe even later? Pikachu was a bad matchup against all three of her Pokemon so it should've been his last choice. I don't blame Pikachu for this loss. It was Ash's fault.

I'm in the camp that's happy for Iris. It isn't often that a main character other then Ash wins a battling competition outside of the League, especially one that he himself has entered. Yeah, there was some " luck " involved but Iris showed her skill in there as well. I'm kind of happy that all three of her Pokemon are going to grow up to be strong and awesome given their performance here ... but have the feeling she'll be given some dead weight like all the other girls later on in the season.

Haunter ゴースト

I'm in the camp that's happy for Iris

Let the poll begin, lmao.

I seriously wanted Ash to win, but at the end of the episode when Ash went up to Pikachu, it showed how much of a bond they had even though they lost.

Either way, Excadrill was a major powerhouse to Iris imo it's the only reason she won, Ash put up a good fight, and did well for a type disadvantage too.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
People are expecting her to rub it in his face? Lol. This tournament probably won't even be referenced in the future episodes. XD

That's what annoys me (honestly I don't want it to be referenced ever again) but really it wasted like half my summer with all the breaks >.> like did it ever have to be FOUR episodes? Why couldn't it just be like...2?

Janovy

Banned
That's what annoys me (honestly I don't want it to be referenced ever again) but really it wasted like half my summer with all the breaks >.> like did it ever have to be FOUR episodes? Why couldn't it just be like...2?
Because it would be even worse than Tag Battle tournament than it is now. <_<

At least it has a bonus side of great interactions and one episode extra. XD

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Hmmm. Iris winning a forgettable tournament with the odds ridiculously stacked in her favor. Remind me why I should even care.

Although, I still don't even like her. Not that this tournament was going to changed that. But winning because your opponent was being dangerously stupid isn't something to go home bragging about either.

gliscor&yanmega

Only seen pictures so far but the episode looks like it'll be great to me. I see a lot of interactions going on, can't wait to know what's being said.

Iris winning...I'm not surprised, Best Wishes is just full of unpredictable things that at this point I wouldn't doubt anything(Pikachu probably going to evolve and get released next episode).

Can't wait to watch the video of this.

EDIT: Oh and if I didn't miss anything then this is the second episode since BW007 to not have any Pokemon debuts.

Team Rocket riding in the Ferris Wheel was amusing for me, being evil and all that doesn't mean you can't have a little fun :p

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Yes, she won. Those EV feathers are so not Ash's training style. The day he goes EV training will be the day the series ends.

This, so much.
EV training/IV breeding ruined the competitive fanbase as it wasn't about picking your favorites as much as it was dissecting each Pokemon and picking out the ones that don't completely suck.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I rarely watch Best Wishes episodes but this one sparked my interest. Honestly if Ash is using Pikachu then he deserved the loss. I mean Pikachu would be a bad match up against any of Iris's Pokemon regardless what she choose type wise but to use it against Excadrill, bleh. Pikachu is not at fault here, Ash is. This ten year old will never be a Pokemon Master with moves like that. What a waste. That being said I'm glad Iris won. This was officially her Wallace Cup but I have to admit the odds were in her favor. Pikachu was a poor choice and made it much easier for Iris to win. In fact the results are like the Wallace Cup, if Ash used something different the results might have been different. Perhaps this will lead up to the 8th gym which is rather funny since Iris only has one Dragon Pokemon. So this win was big for Iris but at the same time it feels like the writers let her get off rather easy. Still not as bad as the Psyduck match in Johto though. Hopefully Ash will improve after this and make better choices.

dougtrio

To be fair Pikachu DOES have a slight advantage against Emolga. With Emolga being part flying and all. Personally I thought Ash went with Pikachu because it was his most experienced. Even if Iris might of used Axew, Axew still doesn't seem to possess the experience Pikachu does.

Personally I think they should've forced Ash in to using Pikachu in the semifinals, that way he could only use a choice of Snivy, Palpitoed, or Pikachu.
Or did all the trainers have to register their 3 pokemon at the beginning?

Snivy wouldn't fair well against 2/3 of Iris's pokemon. Palpitoed only 1/3 he has an advantage over. BUT Excadrill would STILL have the experience edge over Palpitoed.

Personally I think people are getting WAY TOO uptight over this ONE LOSS Ash/Pikachu suffered to Iris/Excadrill. I don't think the result would've been different had he used the other two. IMO anyways. Plus it sets up the final badge down the road. (Planning ahead? What a concept).

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I knew she'd win. Although Pikachu's loss her does bring up some possibilites in Ash's fourth gym battle...

Grei

not the color
Even though Pikachu lost when it logically shouldn't have I still really enjoyed the battle. It was some really good action (and awesome animation), so it was a treat regardless.

I loved this Don Battle arc, but I'm glad the group can move on now.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Because it would be even worse than Tag Battle tournament than it is now. <_<

At least it has a bonus side of great interactions and one episode extra. XD

Rofl...I honestly forgot the Tag Battle Tourney was three episodes. But hey, I watched the dub then and they were all on in a row. Here there was an episode....then BREAK...another episode then BREAK! It just took too long and I lost all of my excitement for it.

randomspot555

lol that Outrage is basically Close Combat, it looks ridiculous having little Axew do it.

This, so much.
EV training/IV breeding ruined the competitive fanbase as it wasn't about picking your favorites as much as it was dissecting each Pokemon and picking out the ones that don't completely suck.

So...it was ruined in Gen I? It existed back then too. EV training and IVs are not a new concept.

You can still use your favorites. Just don't whine when your Butterfree gets run over by Heatran.

fubufubu

Iris beating ash: pure f*cking luck! she's just lucky ash didn't have ALL his best pokemon! imagine if the pokemon he chose was his charizard! fried iris extra crispy anyone?