• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
So, Dino also has a Tranquill and used it to defeat Antonio's Cottonee...so many Tranquills in this show

Thank you for clarifying!

I was confused as to who's Tranquill it was.

But hey it is the regional/fodder bird.

Nice of Iris to exploit In-fight's def/sp. def. reduction effect and fatigue to grasp victory.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yeah I though it was really smart by her, she kept using Attract to make him use Close Combat and lower its defenses, that was pretty awesome.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
*random but just found out something* I think I figured out what was off about Dento's sparklez. They spammed it too much. It's not really Dento's fault, it's the animators. These backgrounds are pretty dull and don't have enough contrast in them and it takes away from Dento. So instead of it making him look like he shines, it just looks like a background with a lot of bubbles. The sparkles they use don't shine enough, they make them bigger and choppier and don't put the same quality as they do when there's an episode dedicated to him.

I did chuckle though when Dento hugged himself. That was pretty amusing. Just DON'T do what I did and watch it over and over again.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Does anyone know what Iris was having Zoura-as-Langley do when Luke was filming it? I caught Zoura-Langley saying Iris' name, so I'm guessing she was pretending like Langley was endorsing Iris as the eventual winner of the tournament, but the real Langley and Bianca's interference screwed it up (prompting that "CUT! CUT! CUT!" from Iris. XD)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Langley vs Ash
~ It was already spoiled for mebut it was still nice to watch.
~ Sheesh Langley, Ash was being nice to you and you snub him? Witch.
~ Too be honest Snivy's food looked like droppings... brown and green...
~ LOL Snivy! So Snivy still holds a bit of a grudge against Burgundy! Can't blame her...
~ Why was Pikachu staring at Snivy while it was eating?

Anotnio vs Dino
~ What? Dino has Tranquill as well?
Trip, Ash, Antonio, and Dino?
Okay so
Trip's has Aerial Ace, Work Up, Double Team, and Air Cutter
Ash's has Gust, Air Cutter, and Quick Attack
Antonio's has Sky Attack
Dino's has Aerial Ace

Why is Ash's the one with the worst moves?

Luke vs Cilan
~ Oh wow Ash is the camera man while Pikachu is very careful with the camera.
~ Larvesta vs Stunfisk...
~ Cilan I like you but for the first time he kinda bored me, although I did chuckle when he hugged himself.
~ So far the only one of Cilan's Pokemon with a clean win-to-lose ratio is Dwebble, 2-0.
~ Hmm it seems like Burgundy and Langley don't get along very much, bummer.
~ The battle was kinda lacking too be honest too much talking!

Iris vs Kenyan
~ Why didn't Iris ever call Discharge? Why keep spamming Hidden Power?
~ How did Volt Switch work properly?
~ Close Combat? Wow why didn't they make its Defense/Sp.Def drop apply in DP, it would have been interesting to see Staraptor deal with that and Ash might have beaten Flint's Infernape.
~ Iris was clever in this match I have to admit.

Ash vs Dino
~ Palpitoad vs Darumaka? Should be a quick match, so that leaves time for Iris vs Luke and Ash vs Iris.

So far we've seen these pokemon in the tourney

Round 1: Beartic, Joltik, Deerling, Patrat, Tranquill[1], Scolipede, Palpitoad, Stoutland, Dwebble, Gurdurr, Minccino, Zebstrika, Golett, Darmanitan, Emolga and Watchog.
Round 2: Snivy, Pawniard, Tranquill[2], Cotonee, Stunfisk, Larvesta, Emolga, and Sawk.
Round 3: Palpitoad, Darumaka.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
I use to watch the show back in the earlier 2000s and late '90s, but I stopped shortly after they introduced Dawn. I watched the Venipede episode in Castelia on YouTube a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen the anime in several years otherwise. Pardon my noobieness in this area of Pokemon, but was anyone in the show particularly concerned with the fact that that one kid had what is essentially a legendary Pokemon? Larvesta? I mean, since it evolves into Volcarona, which is specifically a legendary Pokemon as in a Pokemon with historical legends about it, surely someone with a Larvesta would be more interesting than an Emolga or a Stunfisk, right? Did anyone in the show make any kind of mention of it or were they all just kinda like "Oh, so-and-so has a Larvesta? Well of course, who doesn't have one of those?"

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought this was an interesting episode. I enjoyed watching Bianca running around chasing Zorua since it was funny. Then Cilan's battle against Luke was a little more interesting than I had expected, although I do think that Cilan's whole "sparkly twirl" routine has gotten a bit old. I did like that he mentioned the Striaton City Gym though, and I also liked that he used Stunfisk instead of Dwebble or Pansage. I'm glad that Luke beat Cilan, and I loved that Burgundy was happy about it. Iris's battle against Kenyan was probably my favorite battle of the episode since Iris had Emolga use Attract in a clever way. I'm glad she won; she deserved some glory. 7/10.

Larvesta nor Volcarona are legendary.

Read his post again. He was saying that they have legends about them, not that they have legendary status.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Hmm, not sure if this episode lived up to the hype. I enjoyed watching Bianca running around chasing Zorua since it was funny. Then Cilan's battle against Luke was a little more interesting than I had expected, although I do think that Cilan's whole "sparkly twirl" routine has gotten a bit old. I did like that he mentioned the Striaton City Gym though, and I also liked that he used Stunfisk instead of Dwebble or Pansage. I'm glad that Luke beat Cilan, and I loved that Burgundy was happy about it. Iris's battle against Kenyan was probably my favorite battle of the episode since Iris had Emolga use Attract in a clever way. I'm glad she won; she deserved some glory. 7/10.

Read his post again.

I know I understood what he said but no one made a fuss over it, which is why I said that neither are legendary.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Okay, I thought at first Stunfisk had Discharge, now I'm learning it's lowly Thundershock...ugh the fish is lucky it's got two other pretty strong moves, though I'm sad that he lost

Evll33t

Favorite part of this episode might be all =D faced audience watching the battles. Nothing but a smile and two lines XD

dman_dustin

Again, characters >>>>> battles. This is a rule, not just in Pokemon, in anything. I'd rather have humorous character interaction than action-filled battles where the characters themselves mean squat.
As I've said in a different thread. Character Interactions only work when they are relevant or decent.

If however they take up a large portion of time, then no Character Interactions are NOT better than battles. Character Interactions only work best when they enhance the episode, not be the driving force of an episode.

In the past two episodes the character interactions were fairly acceptable. However not in this episode where Bianca kept going after Zorua, and Cilan WOULD NOT SHUT UP. A few seconds of "Tasting time" would've been acceptable, not 5 or so minutes.

I would take really well written battle at the cost of some character interactions over crappy rushed written battles but a whole bunch of character interaction any day.

Keep a large portion of Character interactions to episodes that aren't meant to be action packed.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Go read One Piece the best manga out there, or even FMA then tell me character interactions don't matter in what is related to popularity of a series.

Yes the Belle thing was annoying as hell but it was annoying in the second episode already, Dent was annoying too, the rest was pretty good as usual, like I said I was watching the episode and saying, cmon dude get it on, enough and I do understand it in that situation, now the Langley interactions, the Cabernet stuff with Snivy, Kenyan, etc were pretty nice.

Kenyan really came off as an enjoyable character out of the tournament, I'm really looking forward to see him with some regularity in the anime.

The only character that is annoying me is Belle and like I said, she has been annoying not just for this but since the comment on the first episode when she offered Pignite for Zorua, it really pissed me off.

The battles ended up being good and on top of being good, very strategic and smart fights, specially on Iris and Luke part.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Better episode than the last one. Cilan/Luke was kind of a disappointment, mostly because of all the talking and Stunfisk not doing ****. That thing needs redemption already. On the bright side, Larvesta is pretty cool. Iris/Kenyan was really good. The battle was probably the best of the arc so far, except for the creepy Sawk Bulk-Up. Both Larvesta and Sawk have gained respect in my eyes.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Favorite part of this episode might be all =D faced audience watching the battles. Nothing but a smile and two lines XD

Really? I thought they had over did that.

dman_dustin

Having watched it, in higher quality, I found Bianca and Zorua to be less annoying (to an extent). I especially enjoyed the part where Bianca was chasing Zorua around in small circles with Zorua being a pure troll by smiling and slightly skipping just out of reach. However as enjoyable as it was, they really need to figure out what Bianca should be doing, because I'm not liking her characterizations. She better getting something quick, or her being a competitive rival against Ash isn't going to happen.

Again Cilan vs Luke was a bit annoying but I guess I found it lot less annoying, but still I wanted to shove a sock down Cilan's throat at a certain point.

Totally forgot this the first time, but Iris speaking for Langley with Zorua was also pure gold comedy. Kind of a shame Langley ruined it but it was expected.

Oh and Bianca looking at Langley expectedly was pretty funny too.

I think this along with my previous post, is it. Now I just await translations for everything everyone said. Hopefully I'll enjoy the episode more.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Why did Emonga not return after using Volt Change?

Was it because she saved it to finish (Dageki)him off/KO him?

Such as, had she used it earlier, and not KO'ed him, would she have returned to Iris?

Anyhow I'm pleased Iris did not have to give Emonga a big pep talk, in order to motivate her to fight, just a few words of encouragement.