• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

Fwee

Boulder Trainer
Why did Emonga not return after using Volt Change?

Was it because she saved it to finish (Dageki)him off/KO him?

Such as, had she used it earlier, and not KO'ed him, would she have returned to Iris?

Anyhow I'm pleased Iris did not have to give Emonga a big pep talk, in order to motivate her to fight, just a few words of encouragement.
In the Anime Volt Switch doesn't always switch out the pokemon.

matt0044

I loved how Sawk deflected Emolga's Attract DBZ-style.

Casty

I loved the Emolga vs Sawk battle, it was so strategic! Iris figured out that Hidden Power won't do squat, so she stalled for Close Combat defence drops with Attract before dealing a lethal blow with Volt Switch. Static activating mid-match was just an icing on the cake.

I'm not the huge fun of this show but damn, Best Wishes is like sooooo much better than the first seasons.

Dreamcoat

Okay, I thought at first Stunfisk had Discharge, now I'm learning it's lowly Thundershock...ugh the fish is lucky it's got two other pretty strong moves, though I'm sad that he lost
Let me guess, you read it on Bulbapedia?

Never trust it 100% immediately following an episode. Wait a few hours, then see what it says.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
For me the biggest disappointment of this episode was Dento/Cilan's showing.

He was too much talk and not enough action, seems he was riding his laurels from his win streak since joining Ash.

Maggyo was underwhelming and I'm pleased Luke won this time.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-...well they sure wrapped up Snivy VS Pawniard quick. I don't think it got more than a minute of time before Ash won!
-Dento, was it necessary to break into more blathering about compatibility when Kenyan commented on Ash's battl...wait, are you dancing? Why are you dancing?! Look, you even freaked Kenyan out!
-...oh wait, he was just getting annoyed that his name was pronounced wrong. Again.
-Langley can hear Iris quietly calling her a kid from several yards away!
-Blah blah some nobody wins a round against another nobody blah blah Dento talks about how awesome his Pokemon food is blah bl-oh hey, it's Cabernet! Mocking Dento again, of course.
-And then Snivy just Vine Whips Cabernet away! God I love that grass snake.
-Jesus christ Bianca, GIVE UP on Zorua already.
-She spies Luke interviewing Langley, but...Langley's voice seems different. Almost Iris-like.
-Watching Langley and Iris hate on each other is never going to get old.
-It's finally time for Dento VS Luke, and...Luke trusts ASH to do the camerawork? Oh boy.
-Dento gives Luke advice on relaxing and stuff, and...the commentators are just confused. Not that I blame them.
-It's Larvesta VS Stunfisk. Yep.
-Larvesta ties up Stunfisk with String Shot, which somehow blocks electric attacks from working. Don't even question this ****.
-Larvesta goes for a Flamethrower, which...Dento seems to think is a good thing, for reasons that are obvious if you think for even half a second.
-Yup, it burnt away the string shot. WAY TO GO, LUKE.
-Seriously Bianca, shut the **** up about Zorua.
-...is today "Dento acts kind of weird during his tasting times" day or what?
-Did he just say "non, non!"? I'm pretty sure he did.
-And then Dento says something about gym challengers.
-FLYING STUNFISK (sort of)
-Luke cleverly has Larvesta shield itself from Water Gun by...wrapping itself in string shot!
-Larvesta can float by spouting flames like it's some sort of insectoid jetpack?!
-Mmm, roasted Stunfisk. Oh wait, that means Dento loses.
-Of course Cabernet is all smug about Dento losing. And...I have no idea what Langley just said to her, but it sounded exasperated.
-Now it's Iris VS Kenyan, and...I think that was the worst mispronounciation of his name yet!
-It's Sawk VS Emolga, and Emolga seems willing to listen to Iris. But just how well will that pan out?
-Using Close Combat to stop Attract? Dang.
-...Bulk Up looks kind of creepy.
-Kenya brings up something about Emolga's type, which makes Iris flinch a bit. I have no idea WHAT he said, though.
-Sawk gets paralyzed by Static, but that doesn't stop it from fighting!
-Emolga wears Sawk down by repeatedly using Attract(with Sawk wearing itself out by repeated Close Combats...which makes sense if you remember that Close Combat also lowers stats in the games!).
-Iris wins.
-Ahahaha at Cabernet & Langley's *****ing.
-Next round is Iris VS Luke, and Ash VS Some Nobody Called Dino Or Something Who Looks Kind Of Like Lance. Exciting!
-Looks like next time is going to start with Ash's Palpitoad VS Some Nobody's Darumaka.

Overall, a pretty decent pair of battles(moreso on Iris' side of things; Dento seemed more focused on giving Luke a pep talk than on actually fighting). I find it slightly annoying that they only made the "omg will Snivy evade Guillotine?!" cliffhanger for the sake of having a cliffhanger, since the end of the battle was wrapped up in less than a minute. My patience is also wearing thin for Bianca's Zorua obsession; hopefully the writers ease up on that for the final episode of this arc. At least the Zorua-obsessed people on this forum know when to quit.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
For me the biggest disappointment of this episode was Dento/Cilan's showing.

He was too much talk and not enough action, seems he was riding his laurels from his win streak since joining Ash.

Maggyo was underwhelming and I'm pleased Luke won this time.

Well people wanted flaws from him, seems like overconfidence and spacing out made him lose, there you go some flaws for you guys who need them.

Dax

Legend
I liked everything about the episode except Bianca. I officially hate her character.

Other than that, I loved the battle against Sawk and Iris' strategy to defeat him. Pure testament of her skills as a trainer.

Grey Wind

I liked the episode, I'm glad that we saw Stunfisk battle, even if it lost. And Emolga was adorable. I hope whoever had the Cotonee comes back with a Whimsicott, it's adorable. Never change your avatar Dax

Does anyone think a new ship is being born between Langely and Bianca? I can see the shippers now....
Probably. Lord knows shippers don't need much reason to start a ship. OH WOW ASH LOOKED AT CILAN SHIP TIME <3<3

Pure testament of her skills as a trainer.
You probably shouldn't have said that.

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Well people wanted flaws from him, seems like overconfidence and spacing out made him lose, there you go some flaws for you guys who need them.

Oh my, I was not in that crowd. I like my Dento flawless.

His results this round left a sour taste in my mouth.

Dento should have stuck with Ishizumai methinks for this 2nd round battle.

Janovy

Banned
You probably shouldn't have said that.
But it's true.

People have always said that Iris became suddenly competent, but she really had this knowledge all time with her. She just needed more screentime to show if off.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
But it's true.

People have always said that Iris became suddenly competent, but she really had this knowledge all time with her. She just needed more screentime to show if off.

Absolutely, Iris' competence is so serious, that aside from her skill and determination shown vs Kenyan, she even trained herself as a pokemon once, learning Jump Kick and Tackle, when quarreling with Moguryu(Drilblurr).

Grey Wind

But it's true.

Oh I know it's true; there's just a while bunch of Iris haters who don't.

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
Wait up Zorua!

Zoruaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

ZORUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

...I'm so tired of that ****, you have no idea. è_e
And to think, I liked Belle when she first appeared but now she's just an annoyance.

And are the writers going to let her win a battle just once?

Janovy

Banned
Absolutely, Iris' competence is so serious, that aside from her skill and determination shown vs Kenyan, she even trained herself as a pokemon once, learning Jump Kick and Tackle, when quarreling with Moguryu(Drilblurr).
She's a wild girl, what did you expect? She's much like Sapphire from Pokémon Special.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh my, I was not in that crowd. I like my Dento flawless.

His results this round left a sour taste in my mouth.

Dento should have stuck with Ishizumai methinks for this 2nd round battle.

:p I wasn't refering you but I'm sure some people like Cyber were waiting for this moment :D.