• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Oh my, I was not in that crowd. I like my Dento flawless.

His results this round left a sour taste in my mouth.

Dento should have stuck with Ishizumai methinks for this 2nd round battle.

I think I like Dento flawless better too, and with better backgrounds. (They just seem so bulky and crummy lately) I think his overconfidence IS his flaw....makes sense. I think some of it had to do...maybe he could sense that Luke was nervous so he went easy on him a bit? It seemed like Dento was almost coaching him o.o (of course I have no clue what he was saying. All I know is that he said "It's Tasting Time" and his body went "squeak" when he hugged himself.)

She's a wild girl, what did you expect? She's much like Sapphire from Pokémon Special.

Dento sparklez and gets all passionate like Ruby *runs and hides* Ah!~ I just love it when I can compare anything and everything to PokeSpe...of course I stopped midway through DP, but whatever >.>

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm so glad that Ash beaten the second female jerk in the form of Langley who insults his new friends from Unova Region. Snivy did an awesome job taking out Pawniard. Who would have that Kenyan's Sawk wears off Iris' Emolga's atttract? But in the end, Sawk got beaten by Emolga's static ability. Cilan may have lost but he's not disappointed as he lose to Luke. Bianca just couldn't stop chasing Zuroa. Looks like Burgandy and Langley don't look too happy after Iris' victory over Kenyan and it serves them right.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I'm so glad that Ash beaten the second female jerk in the form of Langley

Cabernet really isn't that much of a jerk anymore, though. She just has a psychotic hatred for Cilan (that was why she was peeved toward the end, BOTH of Cilan's friends made it to the semifinals), but other than that, she's been OK. Hell, her scene featured in the preview for the upcoming episode even indicates she'll get some time with Cilan where she isn't hating his guts.

Now, Langley is indeed a total you-know-what, though, but at least she's frequently aggrivated and given some humbling, which makes her more tolerable like Gary or Harley were, and less excrutiating like Drew or Paul were (stupid karma dodgers....)

And to think, I liked Belle when she first appeared but now she's just an annoyance.

Indeed. I repeat; this is the ONE character that this Don Battle arc has gotten wrong. She's not entertaining or funny, she's just annoying as hell. I'll be really glad after the next episode is over and we don't have to see her for a good long while.

I'm not the huge fun of this show but damn, Best Wishes is like sooooo much better than the first seasons.

If by "seasons", you mean "series" (the Orginal Series, Advanced Generation, and Diamond/Pearl), then WORD.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Now, Langley is indeed a total you-know-what, though, but at least she's frequently aggrivated and given some humbling, which makes her more tolerable like Gary or Harley were, and less excrutiating like Drew or Paul were (stupid karma dodgers....)

All the other characters were given humbling too. At this point Gary, Drew, Harley and Paul were all better handled characters than Langely, and I am only compared their first 3 appearances, not their whole run.

Indeed. I repeat; this is the ONE character that this Don Battle arc has gotten wrong. She's not entertaining or funny, she's just annoying as hell. I'll be really glad after the next episode is over and we don't have to see her for a good long while.

That's odd, because I find Bianca hilarious. She's supposed to be a dumb ditz, and seeing her grope Langely is hilarious.

If by "seasons", you mean "series" (the Orginal Series, Advanced Generation, and Diamond/Pearl), then WORD.

Best Wishes has its good points, but other than Johto, I wouldn't place it above any previous saga, at least not yet anyway.

kniteowl

I thought ash carrying Tsutaja/Snivy in his arms was cute, I didn't think he was close enough to her that she'd let him carry her, because she always seemed distant to the group. Then Tsutaja gets bonus points using vine whip.

I suddenly see Luke as a decent trainer even if Dento was going a little easy on him with all the advice, I'd like to see him battle Ash some day, it's be interesting since he used some interesting moves in his battle against Dento, eg- String shot shield and levitation with fire.... so awesome.

As for Iris and Kenyan's battle, it was pretty smart lowing Sawk's Defences with Attract and Close Combat and finish it off with Volt change, sadly bulk-up didn't help Sawk raise his defense much as Emonga only has Special attacks.

I can understand why People hate Bell, I don't think her antics are annoying as they fit her character quite well, except the part where she wanted to trade Pignite, Ash must teach her a life lesson about trading away her Nakama/Friends.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Other than Johto, I wouldn't place it above any previous saga, at least not yet anyway.

No, I'd already place it also above Orange Islands, Battle Frontier, and the overly long snoozefest that was Sinnoh. Kanto and Hoenn I leave room for debate though.

All the other characters were given humbling too. At this point Gary, Drew, Harley and Paul were all better handled characters than Langely, and I am only compared their first 3 appearances, not their whole run.

Er, no, Drew was an unoriginal Gary clone in his first 3 showings (he got better overtime) and Paul was a boring semi-invincible dick (he never got better). Langley was lame in her first appearance, but she's getting better much faster than Drew or Paul did.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Er, no, Drew was an unoriginal Gary clone in his first 3 showings (he got better overtime) and Paul was a boring semi-invincible dick (he never got better). Langley was lame in her first appearance, but she's getting better much faster than Drew or Paul did.

Drew and Paul had decent debuts (although I agree Drew came off as too similar to Gary at first), but we learned more about them in each ep they were in and we saw the writers do different things with them. I also don't get why you're acting like Paul was invincible since it never got as bad as with Trip and at least Paul had the same experience as Ash and wasn't a newbie.

The only thing else we're really getting out of Langely is seeing Bianca constantly grope her. Her interactions with Iris are the same and we know she doesn't care for Ash too, so whatever.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Gotta say this was a nice episode full of some good battles. Can't say much about Ash's battle since we all knew how it would turn out but seeing Stunfisk in battle actually makes it much more interesting than in the games. Who knew the derp fish could be interesting to watch. Also Iris seems to be a pretty skilled battler to use that kind of strategy against Kenyan's Sawk. Nice to see how great of a battle she put up and won. I really do wonder why Cabernet and Langly seem to be hanging around with Ash and everyone considering neither seem to like them very much. Also I agree with everyone about the Bianca gag with Zorua. It's not like it's gonna lead to anything considering that Zorua belongs to Luke. And either a minimal effort was put on the background or no one's noticed that the stands are really filled with cardboard cutouts because no one in the audience ever moves no matter what position they're in or how long the camera is showing them.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was great to see my only favorite Bug-Type Pokemon (Ulgamoth)'s pre-evolution Meraruba for the 1st time. It was awesome to finally see my 1st ever favorite Fighting-Type Pokemon Dageki in the Anime for the 1st time. His attacks are awesome!

It was great to see Ash and Iris make it through to the Semi-Finals. It was interesting when Tsutarja blocked Komatana's Guillotine attack with Leaf Blade and she got stuck in the ground with her claws. It was funny to see Langley and Burgandy's reactions to Ash and Iris both winning and Dent losing. Dent was way over-the-top dramatic in this episode. It was cool to see him helping Luke relax before their battle. It was funny to see Muggyo flopping around when it came out of its Pokeball. It was silly to see Muggyo jump up into the air, manuever around in the air, and still be able to attack Meraruba with a Scald attack. Too bad Dent lost the battle after Muggyo was hit by 1 last Flamethrower.

It was strange seeing how Muggyo looked when being hit by the 2 Fire attacks. Heat Wave's new look in B&W was really cool. It was great to see how Meraruba lights up with Fire before launching Fire Attacks. As usual Bianca was very funny while still trying to get Zorua. Considering how much I love Zorua, it never gets old ;).

It was funny when Ash was trying to use the Pokedex on Meraruba, and the camera was accidentally hurting Pikachu but Ash didn't realize it. It was funny to see Pikachu using the camera while Luke was in battle. Bulk Up looked really cool on Dageki. Kenyan is always funny when he reacts to his name being said wrong. It was hilarious when Dent was hugging himself and Emonga inflating when she was mad.

It was hilarious when Tsutarja slapped Burgandy away with Vine Whip.

90/100

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Even though people think that Bianca chasing after Zorua is getting old, this episode shows that it allows her to get into touchy-feely situations with the other female rivals - Les Yay gold.
But, it's kinda jarring that they didn't take the time to introduce new characters, and the ones that might've been given characterization (eg. that really fit looking guy, Antonio) were booted out quicker than Lan- Dino could say Aerial Ace.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why introduce more? they introduced Luke and brought back everyone that is enough...

Belle is doing it for 3 episodes and will most likelly doing it in the finals, it was fun in the first episode, its tedious now.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Why introduce more? they introduced Luke and brought back everyone that is enough...

Belle is doing it for 3 episodes and will most likelly doing it in the finals, it was fun in the first episode, its tedious now.

Wow, it's like you respond to all of my posts just to say that you have a polar opposite opinion.
Maybe I'd like more characterization given to these characters just so I'd feel less pity for them, as if they were a Mauve Shirt or something. And this "tedious" subplot involving Bianca will probably end with her asking Luke to accompany her on her journey across Unova so she can be closer to the cute lil' thing, along with allowing Luke to continue his filming career.
Also, Zorua's tendency to piss Langley off allows for character interaction between her and Bianca, so it's really doing something good if you turn the chessboard.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Coincidence, I have more to do then, follwing people around...

Read the rest of the posts, everyone is tired of Belle not just me... its not a subplot its a gag that got old pretty fast.

I have no issue with you don't worry.

RickHoenn

Banned

We're halfway the saga, Langley still has a lot to offer. I find their bickering hilarious :p

That's odd, because I find Bianca hilarious. She's supposed to be a dumb ditz, and seeing her grope Langely is hilarious.

I love Bianca too, she's fun and dummy, I find her Zorua obession and even trading her starter hilarious. :p

Best Wishes has its good points, but other than Johto, I wouldn't place it above any previous saga, at least not yet anyway.

Kanto > Hoenn > Johto > Unova > Orange Islands > Sinnoh = Battle Frontier

Kanto will be the best imo and I loved the Johto arc (I accept there was too much filler but majority of them were enjoyable and the Ash-Misty-Brock trio is my favorite) anyway all of the sagas were great but i'd rank them this way. :p

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Coincidence, I have more to do then, follwing people around...

Read the rest of the posts, everyone is tired of Belle not just me... its not a subplot its a gag that got old pretty fast.

I have no issue with you don't worry.

Hmm surprisingly for me, I'm loving Bianca's antics XDD She's just soo ditzy and funny she makes me laugh. She reminds me of me how I'd chase fireflies, frogs and other animals XDD It did annoy me how she interupted the battle though >.> that's about it.

I can play too?

BW is the best saga up to this point, compared to any other older ones its not even comparable :D.

:D Agreed!~

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm both loving and hating all the Bianca parts, on the one hand it's hilarious to see her constantly mess up and on the other hand, I'd rather see more battling, but oh well. This episode taught me two things, Tranquil's are now the most common and OU pokemon in the entire Unova region and that the writers don't care to explain how Emolga actually stayed in battle and how Volt Switch just magically worked correctly

Dax

Legend
I'm both loving and hating all the Bianca parts, on the one hand it's hilarious to see her constantly mess up and on the other hand, I'd rather see more battling, but oh well. This episode taught me two things, Tranquil's are now the most common and OU pokemon in the entire Unova region and that the writers don't care to explain how Emolga actually stayed in battle and how Volt Switch just magically worked correctly

Because it was used as the finishing move? There was no need for Emolga to be switched out because the battle already ended.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Tranquills are common, as a matter of fact, any regional bird is common they are in every damn route or almost all of them.

On the Volt Switch thing like Dax said, if U-Turn and Volt Switch or any other move like that, is used in the last pokemon and KOs it the game doesn't tell you to change pokemon either, atleat I think it works like that, so basicly Iris got its defense down and then took a risk if she koed it, she would won if Emolga didn't ko it, she would have lost.

Edit: Went to check ingame and yes that is the case if its the last pokemon of the oponent the pokemons doesn't switch.

Last edited: