• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Somebody needs to make a GIF out of Snivy whipping Burgundy away.

I liked this episode very much. Something that I noticed is that I had captions on and evey instance that Stephan's name should've been read incorrectly as spoken was correctly written. I'd hate to see deaf people wondering why Stephan doesn't like his real name.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Right lots to get through, three battles and some things inbetween so lets get on with it.

Ash vs Georgia was short. So not much to comment, basically snivy just finished off the combo that stop Pawniard's attack and then leaf storm that caused Pawniard to faint. Of cause Georgia was arrogant and used the field as her blame, such a kid :p.

Cilan vs Luke. As someone said that Cilan's overconfidence was his flaw, yes in battle this is his flaw but as a connoisseur this is his virtue when it comes to his customers (I suppose their customers) because he is providing a service and with this characteristic he gets customer satisfaction, just like it did to Luke to inspire him to try something new to overcome Cilan.

Finally, Iris vs Stephan. I nice strategy vs strategy battle. Stephan had a way to fight Iris's attract and then used determination and strength to battle emolga. However, when things looked bleak emolga's static came to the rescue and from there it was one way traffic for emolga as it was only a matter of time for paralysis to take hold of Sawk.

As a final note I honestly thought Bianca wasn't as annoying because there was a little variety with her and Zorua. Mainly because she kind of had an idea where zorua was with both the axew clone and the georgia clone but that is kinda a minor thing.

Onward to the next episode!!!!!

Azureth

Man Luke has some rare pokemon.

First Zorua and Golett, and now Larvesta. Where does he get them? (except Golett, we know where those can be found. :p)

Bianca sure likes Georgia. <_<

Why does the title of the episode reference something that doesn't happen until the very end? Reminds me of Dragon Ball Z Kai.

Emolga Vs. Sawk was good.. It could have been better.. But, Stephan had a point when he asked if Emolga has any Flying moved. She needs one.

Vipsoccermaster

Yet another decent episode. Snivy wins for Ash, sweet.

Cilan and Luke. The battle was fun, and was funny, but yeah, Cilan was a tad bit overconfident.

As for Stephan and Iris, that was another battle. Iris was smart enough to have Emolga keep using Attract, after its ability, Static, activated on Sawk. Stephan was hoping Sawk didn't get paralyzed.

Good episode overall. One more episode to go.

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Liked the debuts of Sawk and Larvesta. Also liked the battles that took place.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yet another decent episode. Snivy wins for Ash, sweet.

Cilan and Luke. The battle was fun, and was funny, but yeah, Cilan was a tad bit overconfident.

As for Stephan and Iris, that was another battle. Iris was smart enough to have Emolga keep using Attract, after its ability, Static, activated on Sawk. Stephan was hoping Sawk didn't get paralyzed.

Good episode overall. One more episode to go.

It's funny how people like it when Iris uses Attract but when anybody else uses it, they get ragged on.

AmericanPi

Write on

That was definitely the best battle of the episode, and Iris's strategy was very creative. Also, Emolga's Attract prompted Sawk to keep on using Close Combat, which, of course, drastically decreased his Special Defense. Once Sawk's Special Defense was down, Emolga needed only one Electro Ball to knock him out. Smart, Iris. Very smart.

Cilan VS Luke also had lots of creative strategies, especially Larvesta using String Shot as a protective shell. Oh, and Cilan's roasted Stunfisk cracked me up. :D

It's funny how people like it when Iris uses Attract but when anybody else uses it, they get ragged on.

I agree with what you're saying. I like Attract and don't care who uses it. But I think he meant that she was smart to keep using it so Static would get soo bad that Sawk couldn'y move. Not neccessarily to infatuate him.

I do agree that people need to not complain about Snivy or Minccino or anybody else and then be happy about Emolga...

Bulk Up looked disturbing. I'll probably have nightmares now. at least Ursaring's Bulk Up didn't look like that.

stanleysmith said:
I do agree that people need to not complain about Snivy or Minccino or anybody else and then be happy about Emolga...
People complain about Snivy and Minccino using Attract? I'm pretty sure they started complaining about Attract being overused when the writers gave it to Emolga. Caseydia has it backwards.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Of cause Georgia was arrogant and used the field as her blame, such a kid :p.

Perfectly valid complaint seeing how the terrain+sheer luck on Ash's side regarding it was the reason he won.

I'm still confused as to why people call Georgia/Langley a *****. Really, the only *****y thing she's done so far is eating the twerps dinners. :p
She actually called Burgundy out on being a *****.

Outside of that, she's mostly just been arrogant- and hilariously enough, less condescending about it than Iris has. Not to mention how her arrogance is well founded, seeing how she beat Iris thrice(for all of you saying the third one was a draw, Excadrill went down first) and only lost to Ash by bad luck(Rock sticks on the blade, unplanned, allowing Snivy to deal good damage). She has the bite to back up her bark(oh god the irony of using this phrase when talking about b****es).

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The writers suck to give the best battle for Iris and everyone else before and after all of this have sucky battles. What are the writers trying to do here?

The writers suck to give the best battle for Iris and everyone else before and after all of this have sucky battles. What are the writers trying to do here?

You seriously need to read the episode title: It says EMOLGA VERSUS SAWK. It's supposed to be about Iris's battle against Stephan.

Besides, they gave Ash the best battle in the first round and everyone including Iris got sucky battles. Funny how you never mention that.

~Light

Bianca is getting more and more annoying each episode...

I don't know why she keeps looking for Zorua but it's not funny anymore :/

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
You seriously need to read the episode title: It says EMOLGA VERSUS SAWK. It's supposed to be about Iris's battle against Stephan.

Besides, they gave Ash the best battle in the first round and everyone including Iris got sucky battles. Funny how you never mention that.

No he doesn't. Ash has had alot of crappy battles. Iris has had the most pleasant. And it doesn't help it if Emonga barely battle neither.