• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Battle Hearts of Fury, Emolga Versus Sawk! (702)

Rebeccag

I could understand why Burgandy was happy to see Clian lose but she didnt have to be so happy about it. Still glad that both Ash and Iris won. I still laugh when they get Stephans name wrong haha

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
The battles were good but was Cilan irritating... honestly Cilan talks more and does less... the battle was full of his speeches... I really got tired of him

Cilan wasn't irritating at all. There was nothing wrong with helping Luke out, even though that made him lose.

Georgia should have beaten Ash. Making Pawniard lose to Snivy because of the field was a terrible idea. I would rather see one side win fairly.

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
Cilan wasn't irritating at all. There was nothing wrong with helping Luke out, even though that made him lose.

Georgia should have beaten Ash. Making Pawniard lose to Snivy was a terrible idea.

Well he's talking about how Cilan has to describe everything and ultimately spoon fed his own strategy to Luke, which caused his downfall. So yeah he talked a little too much this time around and it bit him in the end.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Rewatched this recently.

I will be honest and admit that the way Ash beat Pawniard kinda ticked me off. Really, two complete lucky shots is what decides the match for him(first lucky shot allowed him to do damage, second to deal a finishing strike), when outside those, his Snivy gets it's **** wrecked? I suppose the writers wanted me to think Georgia was a just a sore loser for blaming the field... but she was so utterly right that if that was the case, it really fell flat. I like a good "come-from-behind" victory as much as anyone, but not when it's completely because of dumb luck.

The entire Tournament has been like this for Georgia, she keeps getting to be the one you sympathize with, as with Iris and her fights, Georgia didn't actually brag nor did she actively try to do mean things to Iris. She really comes across as a victim in these episodes, both of Iris's downright terrible behaviour and bad luck as a whole(seriously, her loss+ Zorua deciding she was it's favorite form?). I don't get it, aren't we supposed to root for Iris? Then why is Georgia more sympathetic?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm glad Iris finally got Emolga to listen to her and not use volt switch. It reminded me of how she accidentally made Iris lose during the tournament in the beginning of the 14th movie because it was only 1 on 1 battles. At least Emolga won the battle. I also liked Ash's battle with pawniard.

7/10

At first, I couldn't remember seeing Luke's first battle in the competition. Then I remembered his was one of those quick one's shown (I think?).

This was better than the last episode. I still had a few problems with it but despite that it was enjoyable.

- Ash wins against Georgia due to Pawniard's edges getting stuck in the field, but it is a realistic idea that this would happen to Pawniard. The turn-around was kind of quick though. :|
- Sawk loses to an Emolga? Half the battle is spent making it obvious that Sawk is the stronger Pokemon, and the other half is spent making Iris trick Stephan into lowering Sawk's defenses... you'd think Stephan would have caught on to this sooner but nope, Iris wins.
- Cilan's evaluations are just his opinion, and it was nice to see him getting beaten despite giving a negative evaluation again, but I have to wonder what was the point of having Luke advance so far in this tournament. Why does he need so many wins under his belt if he's just a film maker?
- The gags are still annoying.

JudySpell

Banned
Now I like Iris a lot but her win against Stephan & his Sawk in this round was fishy especially since she used her flighty Emolga. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked Snivy's comeback win as well as seeing Cilan vs Luke, tho I was expecting Stunfisk to win and not Larvesta. Iris and Emolga really impressed me at the end when they defeated Stephan and Sawk. :]

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bel chasing Zorua got very monotonous here, and even though I liked seeing Tsutarja defeat Langley's Komatana, the win itself happened too swiftly and wasn't that satisfying. Also, Emonga winning against Kenyan's Dageki wasn't too realistic since Iris had some issues with commanding her before.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Can't say much about Ash's battle since we all knew how it would turn out, but seeing Stunfisk in battle actually makes it much more interesting than in the games. Also, Iris seems to be a pretty skilled battler to use that kind of strategy against Stephan's Sawk.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I'm even more disappointed with the conclusion of this tournament. Because now I like all the rivals in this episode more than ever. Still, the battles weren't bad this time around.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In a way, I felt somewhat vindictive toward Dent after he defeated Shooti in the previous episode, so watching Luke defeat Dent's Maggyo with Melarva redeemed what I thought was an injustice.

Vulpicks

God I love Snivy

But yeah, I feel like there's a lot of potential during these arcs with all the different characters interacting, but unfortunately they are all pretty one-note and unengaging. It's very tiring watching them repeat the same boring gag that defines them over and over and over again throughout the same episode. Rivals like Conway and Barry worked because they were more than just running gags.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Vulpicks said:
Rivals like Conway and Barry worked because they were more than just running gags.

Well as much as I liked Jun, he was only treated as a slightly more competent version of Bel in the sense that he lost often but was still showcased as competent when the time came for him to shine. Bel was a disaster here however. She made Isshu's rivals as a whole look like jokes.

Sonnas

Ok what was with Burgendy complaining about Snivy eating Cilan’s food? Is she just that annoying that she had to complain about everything he does? Thank god she got Vine Whiped for that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
Ok what was with Burgendy complaining about Snivy eating Cilan’s food? Is she just that annoying that she had to complain about everything he does? Thank god she got Vine Whiped for that.

I personally thought that she was mostly upset with Tsutarja in general because of her first encounter with Satoshi's Tsutarja before, and also perhaps because she was upset that Tsutarja found Dent's food to be delicious given that Cabernet was completely anti-Dent in every sense of the word.