1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Club Nintendo Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by arceusvictini, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I'm more surprised at the fact an indie game was able to go that high.

2. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Why? It's not like they're taking professional review sites into account; it's just people who liked the game a lot expressing as much numerically.

3. Zyon

Zyon NUM NUM NUM

I'm just 15 coins away from having enough to get the LoZ game case.
    With the eShop cards I got from Christmas and I bought Duck Hunt, LoZ: A Link to the Past, and Super Metroid, plus Tetris Anix. I had only 35 coins left and just now remembered that not all VC games receive product registration survey's. At first I thought there was a problem with my Wii U no longer being connected to Club Nintendo, since I only got registration survey for Tetris Anix which is on my 3DS.
    So I guess I'll have to wait until I get the post play survey's, and hope the game cases are still there when I get them.

4. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

So, my LoZ game card case came in the mail yesterday! It was decent timing since I've got quite a few 3DS games just sitting stacked up on my desk, and when it got bumped they'd get knocked over. The practicality of this reward cannot be denied.

5. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

No one should take these lists seriously. I don't fill out my surveys truthfully and I always do them in a rush, so I almost always give every game a 1/100. If I knew PQ would rank so high, I would have typed an extra 00 and removed two 00 from ORAS' score.

6. emeraldellie

emeraldellie Δ Staff Member Admin

Did it come fairly quickly? I got an email a couple days ago saying they shipped it but there was no tracking number so I don't know how close it is to me. I want mine!!

7. KillerDraco

I ordered it from Club Nintendo on 12/24/2014, I got the email that it shipped on 01/06/2014, and it actually arrived on 01/07/2014. I'd say it was pretty quick; once it actually shipped I got it within a day.

8. emeraldellie

Oh ok. I got my email on the 6th too but if their warehouse is on the east coast it'll probably take longer for me.

9. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

^June 15th I ordered a Pikmin Tote Bag from them (shipped the next day). It arrived June 30th. It was coming from Vancouver and I live near Halifax - so that's literally coast to coast in the 2nd largest country in the world, free shipping, and it took about two weeks (only 10 business days though). That's actually pretty good considering it was a free reward, I was impressed with the shipping time. ^^

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  10. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

11. Poetry

Poetry Dancing Mad

Oh.

Does this mean the end of exclusive Nintendo free physical rewards?

12. Hero of Truth

Hero of Truth Lillie Fan

I don't really care since it's not possible for us here in Greece to get Mewtwo in Smash for free due to not having access to it. Hopefully they include my country in this new program they 're preparing.

13. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Australia's been treated the same as Europe with this with the closing date of end of September and all. I hope the mention of new products before club nintendo ends will be neat and in decent stock as well. I missed out on the likes of the Luigi diorama (too many stars!) and that still bugs me. D=

And hey look, that Flipnote app will be available for signing up for the new program when that comes out. People liked that.

14. Genos

Genos Sword

rip Club Nintendo

Guess I gotta spend my Coins in February. Let's see what they are.

15. KillerDraco

Hm. Well this isn't the kind of news I was hoping for.

Now I'm a bit conflicted with what to do with the rest of my coins. On one hand, I could pretty easily grab another 3DS game case and the poster set and leave it at that. On the other hand, I don't know what they'll add in February, and if it's something I'd actually like to have I'd hate to not have enough coins for it. But at the same time, if the February rewards suck, then the physical rewards now might disappear in the meantime since people will probably be mass-redeeming their coins.

...Oh well, we'll see though I guess.

16. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Whatever this new loyalty program is, I hope they get it started before they officially end Club Nintendo.

If I'm getting a New 3DS, I'm probably going to be getting it on my birthday in June. If the new loyalty program hasn't started handing out its own codes or whatever by then...I may not be able to register it.

Aside from that, though, I'm more then ready to move onto a new program. I haven't been using Club Nintendo much anyway.

17. Zyon

Zyon NUM NUM NUM

Club Nintendo's rewards have been lacking for long while now, let's not forget how bad last year's Elite rewards were.
    I just reached Platinum even and I wake up to see this. I just spent the remainder of my coins on the LoZ game case(not that I'm upset cause I like it), but it kind of bums me out cause I hear their gonna let Club Nintendo members spend the rest of their coins on exclusive games in Feb :p

This new program rewards, if their gonna go more towards digital they better put up decent games. I just watched GameXplain's video about this and Andre kind of had a good idea, if NNID accounts are merged to were you have full access to the program on your console maybe we could redeem themes. I just hope with whatever new program Nintendo is gonna replace it with that the rewards are good and worth it.

18. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

#BringBackDDP

19. emeraldellie

Not surprised with how much the quality has been going down. I'm actually interested in some of the games they put up today, but I am going to wait on getting anything since they never run out of digital rewards and I can always buy those games later if I use the coins on something else. Guess now I better redeem all those codes I had been hoarding to get plat last year, including a wii u and 2ds code

20. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

To be perfectly honestly while this is indeed really sad and kinda inconvenient news, I can't really blame them.
    The best rewards ended up costing a lot of coins which caused you to wait out on the good stuff, unfortunately the good stuff was a limited supply so you really couldn't afford to wait without losing out.

But it really does suck to see the reward system to go :/ I guess it's a good thing I don't have many coins right now lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.