• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Nintendo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Club Nintendo is closing down June 30th http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

It's also closing in Japan & Europe by this September, and a new program will replace it this year

I don't really care since it's not possible for us here in Greece to get Mewtwo in Smash for free due to not having access to it. Hopefully they include my country in this new program they 're preparing.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Australia's been treated the same as Europe with this with the closing date of end of September and all. I hope the mention of new products before club nintendo ends will be neat and in decent stock as well. I missed out on the likes of the Luigi diorama (too many stars!) and that still bugs me. D=

And hey look, that Flipnote app will be available for signing up for the new program when that comes out. People liked that.

KillerDraco

Hm. Well this isn't the kind of news I was hoping for.

Now I'm a bit conflicted with what to do with the rest of my coins. On one hand, I could pretty easily grab another 3DS game case and the poster set and leave it at that. On the other hand, I don't know what they'll add in February, and if it's something I'd actually like to have I'd hate to not have enough coins for it. But at the same time, if the February rewards suck, then the physical rewards now might disappear in the meantime since people will probably be mass-redeeming their coins.

...Oh well, we'll see though I guess.

Zachmac

Whatever this new loyalty program is, I hope they get it started before they officially end Club Nintendo.

If I'm getting a New 3DS, I'm probably going to be getting it on my birthday in June. If the new loyalty program hasn't started handing out its own codes or whatever by then...I may not be able to register it.

Aside from that, though, I'm more then ready to move onto a new program. I haven't been using Club Nintendo much anyway.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Club Nintendo's rewards have been lacking for long while now, let's not forget how bad last year's Elite rewards were.
I just reached Platinum even and I wake up to see this. I just spent the remainder of my coins on the LoZ game case(not that I'm upset cause I like it), but it kind of bums me out cause I hear their gonna let Club Nintendo members spend the rest of their coins on exclusive games in Feb :p

This new program rewards, if their gonna go more towards digital they better put up decent games. I just watched GameXplain's video about this and Andre kind of had a good idea, if NNID accounts are merged to were you have full access to the program on your console maybe we could redeem themes. I just hope with whatever new program Nintendo is gonna replace it with that the rewards are good and worth it.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Not surprised with how much the quality has been going down. I'm actually interested in some of the games they put up today, but I am going to wait on getting anything since they never run out of digital rewards and I can always buy those games later if I use the coins on something else. Guess now I better redeem all those codes I had been hoarding to get plat last year, including a wii u and 2ds code

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
To be perfectly honestly while this is indeed really sad and kinda inconvenient news, I can't really blame them.
The best rewards ended up costing a lot of coins which caused you to wait out on the good stuff, unfortunately the good stuff was a limited supply so you really couldn't afford to wait without losing out.

But it really does suck to see the reward system to go :/ I guess it's a good thing I don't have many coins right now lol.

R_N

Whatever this new loyalty program is, I hope they get it started before they officially end Club Nintendo.

If I'm getting a New 3DS, I'm probably going to be getting it on my birthday in June. If the new loyalty program hasn't started handing out its own codes or whatever by then...I may not be able to register it.

Aside from that, though, I'm more then ready to move onto a new program. I haven't been using Club Nintendo much anyway.

n3ds do not come with codes so there's no worry there

R_N

Oh, you registered systems with their serial codes, huh?
Silly me.

no i mean

the new 3ds does not come with codes
you can not register it, period

You'll probably be able to put in the serial code for the sake of an extended warranty in whatever the new program is,

Zachmac

Oh. That's kind of lame, considering how expensive those things are.

I'll bet it was probably because they were probably already planning on closing Club Nintendo, though...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
wait, so could I still register the Wii U that just showed up yesterday on Club Nintendo

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I registered some games today and linked my Club Nintendo account to my 3DS XL after a few years of laziness (not too bothered paying for Mewtwo DLC). I then was only 20 coins away after registering and filling out surveys and I thought I wouldn't reach Gold status until a Shovel Knight survey popped up (got the game a few days before linking so I assume I was eligible even after linking it today).

This made my night. If only I had linked my account and my 3DS XL before buying SSB, Alpha Sapphire, and Shantae & the Pirates Curse I would've probably be near 500 coins (have 370).

Shame to see Club Nintendo go, even if I didn't touch my account much. I'm interested what this new program will be though.

Club Nintendo is closing down June 30th http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

But I just got Kung Fu--I mean, Club Nintendo!

To be honest, I wasn't really surprised since I knew that a similar thing had happened before when Club Nintendo replaced My Nintendo. But it likely won't be much of a problem for me. I had virtually no interest in Club Nintendo until the Smash Bros. soundtrack deal (and to a lesser extent the Mewtwo DLC), which I'm extremely glad I got.

Anyway, today I've been entering some codes and counting up what I've got. I was really surprised when I realized it should allow me to achieve Platinum status! Ironically, I was also surprised when I found out when I entered the code from Pokémon Platinum and it didn't give coins, which caused me to check their list and find out that it says Pokémon Diamond does earn coins (even though the insert in my copy of Diamond specifically says "My Nintendo" instead of "Club Nintendo"). Minutes later, I found out the slightly-surprising but highly-annoying fact that traffic on the site logged me off and made it so I couldn't log on. I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Now I'm a bit conflicted with what to do with the rest of my coins. On one hand, I could pretty easily grab another 3DS game case and the poster set and leave it at that. On the other hand, I don't know what they'll add in February, and if it's something I'd actually like to have I'd hate to not have enough coins for it. But at the same time, if the February rewards suck, then the physical rewards now might disappear in the meantime since people will probably be mass-redeeming their coins.

...Oh well, we'll see though I guess.

I'm totally with you. In fact, I'm really hoping they release another Smash poster set including Greninja and maybe Little Mac. That would be awesome!

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I will miss Club Nintendo. It was the only worthwhile non-store/movie theater chain related loyalty program!

Sony's crap of a program sucks. Disney's charges you for S&H (ugh, really Disney?).

no i mean

the new 3ds does not come with codes
you can not register it, period

You'll probably be able to put in the serial code for the sake of an extended warranty in whatever the new program is,

Wait, what?

R_N

I will miss Club Nintendo. It was the only worthwhile non-store/movie theater chain related loyalty program!

Sony's crap of a program sucks. Disney's charges you for S&H (ugh, really Disney?).

Wait, what?

The New 3DS does not come with a club nintendo registration code. You can not earn coins with it. This applies to all the countries, I believe.
The only thing you can "register," I'm assuming, is the serial code to extend the warranty and I dont see why that wouldn't carry over to the new program

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Why can't they just reform Club Nintendo to fit new standards? This is bugging me right now because I'm 30 coins off from Platinum status, and planned to make it the rest of the way using the points granted by Majora's Mask 3D. Now I won't be able to make Platinum for the first time since I joined almost four years ago. This sucks. Add to that the fact that I have almost 2000 coins that I've been saving up for something good (since the rewards have sucked lately), and they're all going to go away. They claim they'll put up a large quantity of items to spend your coins on, but I'm just afraid that anything they do put up will sell out almost immediately, as so many people will be spending the last of their coins, and that's assuming that they put up something that I even want in the first place. Coins really should roll over into their new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.