• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Nintendo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RzK

Meow
So, anyone at Platinum who doesn't want their Elite Reward? I'll gladly accept ACNL, MK7, Donkey Kong and any other 3DS Platinum title if someone doesn't need it because he/she already has it or doesn't want. I could give a few Shiny Pokemon in return as well :D

Xuxuba

Oh i feel stupid now. After seeing the coin rewards i thought they were going to offer a bunch of good games for 3ds so i did everything to get platinum. Now that the games are out i noticed they picked only 3 types of games: the ones that are good but everyone has it, the ones that are just spin offs that almost no1 wants to get it and the ones that are good and not everyone has it, but it's really old and/or cheap.
Looks like i will have to get AC/MK7 even though i already own it, just to play with my brother (yeah i know MK7 has download play but you can't chose any character/kart you want).

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I was going to get DK: TF, but while waiting for the website to finally work, I started thinking I would get more gameplay out of MK7 in the long run. There were a few VC titles that I would have liked, but I'd rather get a full retail game for free instead of a cheap one.

This post has to be a late April Fools joke.

Why? Some people didn't reach Platinum. Even out of those who did, there are plenty of people who have few if any of those games and would greatly benefit from having more than one.

For that matter, I'm in the category of people who reached Platinum, but have very few of those games. I was even thinking of editing my signature to ask if anyone doesn't want their elite reward, but just wasn't sure how to say it. The only thing though, is that I wouldn't be offering any Pokémon in exchange, as that is against the rules, and I saw Psynergy post in this thread specifically telling people not to make such offers.

The platinum rewards are up, pretty solid selection

Gold & Platinum 3DS:
Crashmo
Freakyforms
Pushmo
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Bros DX
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Mysterious Murasame's Castle (Takamaru's game)

Gold & Platinum Wii U:
Advance Wars
Legend of Zelda
Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga
Metroid Fusion
Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Kart
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (GBA)

Platinum 3DS:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Mario Golf World Tour
Mario Kart 7
Mario Party Island Tour
New Super Mario Bros 2
Yoshi's New Island
Ultimate NES Remix

Platinum Wii U:
Tropical Freeze
NES Remix 2
Pushmo World
Punch-Out!! (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy 2

e: i'll get you next time excitable boy, next tiiiiiime
CN Elite rewards are up

Gold gets

Crashmo
Freakyforms
Pushmo
SMB3 [3DS]
SMB Deluxe [3DS]
LoZ: OoA
LoZ: OoS
Mysterious Murasame Castle
Advance Wars
LoZ1 [Wii U]
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Metroid Fusion
SMB:TLL [Wii U]
Super Mario Kart
WarioWare: Mega Microgames
Yoshi's Island GBA

Platinum gets those plus

AC:NL
Mario Golf: World Tour
MK7
MP: Island Tour
NSMB2
Yoshi's New Island
DKC:TF
NES Remix 2
Punch-Out!! Wii
Pushmo World
SMG2
Ultimate NES Remix

Okay, that list definitely contains some cool stuff. I'm not sure what I want, but I'm leaning toward Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

And just as a side note, does anybody know if any of those Virtual Console games are exclusive to Club Nintendo? I just don't keep up very well, and Super Mario Bros. DX made me wonder.

BTW, Excitable Boy,

Thanks for posting that! It helped to take the edge off of my optimism in the days leading up to this years elite rewards announcement.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I might be willing to trade my Platinum gift for a Coin blowout code or two, depending on the number of Coins on offer.

And just as a side note, does anybody know if any of those Virtual Console games are exclusive to Club Nintendo? I just don't keep up very well, and Super Mario Bros. DX made me wonder.

No, they're all available on their respective eShops normally.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I finally managed to get in, and now it's telling me I've already redeemed my reward.

Splendid.

I managed to get in as well, however it said I couldn't redeem my reward.

Even though I am Platinum status.

And they are now doing site maintenance...

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
It took me over 10 hours to get my account working enough to get my code for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. I had it picked several times, only for the darn site to crash and lost all the progress I made. I got the 'you have already redeemed your reward' several times but eventually it gave me the code.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Finally managed to get on and order Mario Kart 7 (Lost my copy of it a long time ago and would like to play it)

Booted me before I could order it .-.

I notice at the bottom it says that they are discontinuing Club Nintendo? (May be a little behind on news here)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I got my Elite gift and I'm disappointed with the selection since I had only 125 Coins to go to Platinum and THEN Nintendo decides to not let Majora's Mask be a part of the Coins redemption. I had all but three games for Gold and I only chose Freakyforms because it seemed interesting as I can always get Mario Bros 3 any time and played it as a kid so much. I have been wanting to try Animal Crossing for a year now and I HAD a chance IF I could have found something that would have given me 125 Coins!

Zachmac

I managed to get in yesterday with almost no problem in the morning.
I guess the time of day you try to get in is really important.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I managed to get in yesterday with almost no problem in the morning.
I guess the time of day you try to get in is really important.

That or keep trying, managed to get on shortly after it booted me yesterday.

Got Mario Kart 7, and with losing my MK7, seems I lost my skill too. Well, got a lot of MK7 to play.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
I'm having more trouble than I thought trying to pick something (or somethings) to get with my remaining 655 coins. Any suggestions?

KillerDraco

I'm having more trouble than I thought trying to pick something (or somethings) to get with my remaining 655 coins. Any suggestions?

That depends. Do you have both Wii U and 3DS? For Wii U, I'd HIGHLY recommend the Wonderful 101. Fun game, lots of unlockables, and a good challenge factor... fortunately adjustable difficulty can help if you find it a bit too hard at first. Also the one downside is that you have to buy the Dodge and Block skills, so be sure to get Unite Guts and Unite Spring ASAP.

For 3DS, Donkey Kong County Returns is pretty solid. I don't have as much to say about it because let's face it, it's a platformer so you pretty much know what you're getting into with it.

If neither appeals to you or you already have them, well... I guess it'd help if you could boil it down to a few prospective options you're considering.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Wonderful 101 is like all Platinum games, hard at first, but they get easier when you learn the mechanics.

Razor Leafeon

The Shadow Remains Cast!
That depends. Do you have both Wii U and 3DS? For Wii U, I'd HIGHLY recommend the Wonderful 101. Fun game, lots of unlockables, and a good challenge factor... fortunately adjustable difficulty can help if you find it a bit too hard at first. Also the one downside is that you have to buy the Dodge and Block skills, so be sure to get Unite Guts and Unite Spring ASAP.

For 3DS, Donkey Kong County Returns is pretty solid. I don't have as much to say about it because let's face it, it's a platformer so you pretty much know what you're getting into with it.

If neither appeals to you or you already have them, well... I guess it'd help if you could boil it down to a few prospective options you're considering.

Huh, thanks. I was thinking about the game, but I honestly didn't know anything about it. I think I'm gonna give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.