• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Club Nintendo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Not for a few more days I expect. This reminds me of the PokeBank dilemma, although I hope it doesn;t last like 3 weeks like the PokeBank one. I also hope that some MK8 rewards are added to the CN shop, and good ones at that. The last time I got something from there was Oct. 2012. Yeah. And that was KI: Uprising AR cards. Hopefully we don't get those trophies, as they are tiny and useless. Comon eShop cards. I mean, that have DSiWare ones STILL, and who uses that? Maybe 2500 points for like £5 card or something?

Really? Club Nintendo is working fine for me, I've already registered my MK8 code. Just have to wait two days to get my download code.

GildedScizor

The drinking bird

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
...I'm pretty sure your Club Nintendo is far more different than ours server-wise. Ours is still down, and not even the Club Nintendo link of the main Nintendo website has registered my game at all.

Where are you from? I was on NoA's Club Nintendo earlier today and even downloaded Wind Waker HD. Wasn't slow or anything

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Where are you from? I was on NoA's Club Nintendo earlier today and even downloaded Wind Waker HD. Wasn't slow or anything

That's because I just checked again and the site is back up again.

Unfortunately, my downloaded copy hasn't shown up on my account regardless, and calling hours have ended for today. I'll have to call them tomorrow.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
That's because I just checked again and the site is back up again.

Unfortunately, my downloaded copy hasn't shown up on my account regardless, and calling hours have ended for today. I'll have to call them tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out!

*Edit*
I forgot to ask this, but how can you tell what coins in your account will expire at the end of June? I don't want to just spend everything and I'm hoping we'll get some better prizes next week because I got over 1000 coins to spend haha

Last edited:

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
Still tossing up between Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World for my downloadable game. Pikmin takes up much less memory (and subsequently a lot less download time), but Sonic Lost World just looks a touch better to me for some reason. I don't know, has anyone got either (or both) of these games, and if so, what's your take on them?

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I am sort of stuck between MH3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U. I originally really wanted Pikmin, but I have sort of gone off of it for some bizarre reason. I now intend to get Wii Party U, as it is a blast with friends, although it is pretty poor when playing by yourself, so now I ma not so sure. I have never played a MH game, so I though that this may also be an option, and to see whether I like it or not. Any opinions/ideas?

R_N

Still tossing up between Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World for my downloadable game. Pikmin takes up much less memory (and subsequently a lot less download time), but Sonic Lost World just looks a touch better to me for some reason. I don't know, has anyone got either (or both) of these games, and if so, what's your take on them?

I hate Lost Worlds and adore Pikmin 3
So Pikmin 3, by a mile.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, after talking to a representative, we managed to fix my issue, and I'm now downloading Pikmin 3.

I also managed to reach Platinum rank by completing the survey. Sweet.

...Still, though. I want to make sure of something: are virtual console games eligible to get coins or not? I'm asking because I downloaded EarthBound some time ago.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Well, after talking to a representative, we managed to fix my issue, and I'm now downloading Pikmin 3.

I also managed to reach Platinum rank by completing the survey. Sweet.

...Still, though. I want to make sure of something: are virtual console games eligible to get coins or not? I'm asking because I downloaded EarthBound some time ago.
Yup you receive coins from surveys from games that you get from VC. I believe they take a couple days to a week to finally show up on Club Nintendo so just wait it'll show up.

Tangeh

I am sort of stuck between MH3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U. I originally really wanted Pikmin, but I have sort of gone off of it for some bizarre reason. I now intend to get Wii Party U, as it is a blast with friends, although it is pretty poor when playing by yourself, so now I ma not so sure. I have never played a MH game, so I though that this may also be an option, and to see whether I like it or not. Any opinions/ideas?

Never played MH3 Ultimate nor know anything about it, but I have Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U! Both are great games, so it depends on what you're looking for. Wii Party U is a lot of fun to play with three or four people, especially with friends who aren't gamers AKA my best friends, lol. They always hate playing Mario Party with me because I win 100% of the time, but this game... I'm not sure if it's just there's more luck to it or if I'm just bad at it but they enjoyed this a lot more (plus the miis are fun to giggle at). If you already own a good multiplayer game though, there's less point to getting wii party, because it isn't nearly as fun to play alone as you said.

Pikmin 3 has a two player battle mode (and you can do the missions co-op), though I've never tried it as Pikmin isn't a game you can as easily pick up and play and I don't know anybody else who's ever played it. It's certainly more of a solo experience. If you've played the first two entries into the series, you will probably be a little disappointed with Pikmin 3. It's a very short game and I had far less desire to replay it than I had with the original (which I've played so many times I can beat in 9 days ;)), and Pikmin 2 is just a much longer game overall due to the caves which aren't present in this one. It's very beautiful and is fun while it lasts, but it's certainly not worth the insane price of $60 (which I believe is what it's still selling for).

If you're debating between the two for the Mario kart deal, go with Pikmin, because you can get great deals on the wii party u game with a free wii remote (iirc I got the game and the wiimote in a bundle for $40-ish on amazon when it was on sale))

I'm pretty sure they are not eligible.

edit: oh, idk about surveys though. xD I've never seen any surveys for my VC stuff, but I just have n64 games on my wii and pushmo for the 3ds... My downloadable full games have coins and surveys, though.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Well, after attempting to start the download free game process and encountering the crashed website, I have now begun my download of Pikmin 3.
I was debating between Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD, but I prefer puzzle-like games to action-like games.
I hope everyone enjoys their free game as I am sure I will!

So which games can i use this download thing from MK8 for? The only Wii U games i have at the present time are MK8 and Wind Waker HD.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
So which games can i use this download thing from MK8 for? The only Wii U games i have at the present time are MK8 and Wind Waker HD.

Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, Wii Party U, Nintendo Land, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Sonic: Lost World, Wonderful 101, New Super Mario Bros. U, Game and Wario and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games

I am probably going to get either Wii Party U or Pikmin 3! Thanks Tangeh for the information regarding those games!

Last edited:

R_N

Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, Wii Party U, Nintendo Land, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Sonic: Lost World, Wonderful 101, New Super Mario Bros. U, Game and Wario and Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games

I am probably going to get either Wii Party U or Pikmin 3! Thanks Tangeh for the information regarding those games!

Assuming his location isn't a joke & he's in North America, his only options are: New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, and Wii Party U

NSMBU is a really good platformer (though I prefer New Super Luigi), but Pikmin 3 was a treat to enjoy start to finish. It eased up on the frustartion of Pikmin 2, it looks nice, controlling the 3 captains made multitasking & planning a lot easier and the final area is really fun to play.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It eased up on the frustartion of Pikmin 2, it looks nice, controlling the 3 captains made multitasking & planning a lot easier and the final area is really fun to play.
I honestly preferred Pikmin 2 to Pikmin 3, but as it's part of the series, Pikmin 3 is a great game with its own merits (environments and cool Pikmin types, etc.).

Has anybody seen the Animal Crossing poster set on Club Nintendo (at least for NA)?

Assuming his location isn't a joke & he's in North America, his only options are: New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, and Wii Party U

NSMBU is a really good platformer (though I prefer New Super Luigi), but Pikmin 3 was a treat to enjoy start to finish. It eased up on the frustartion of Pikmin 2, it looks nice, controlling the 3 captains made multitasking & planning a lot easier and the final area is really fun to play.
Unfortunately nope...that's where i live. Thanks for the info R_N. I'm sort of leaning towards NSMBU at the moment. I'm familiar with Pikmin but i've never played a Pikmin game, so i'm a little hesitant to try something new as opposed to something i'm somewhat familiar with. Although you could try to pitch Pikmin 3 to me. I have relatively no idea what to expect.

R_N

Unfortunately nope...that's where i live. Thanks for the info R_N. I'm sort of leaning towards NSMBU at the moment. I'm familiar with Pikmin but i've never played a Pikmin game, so i'm a little hesitant to try something new as opposed to something i'm somewhat familiar with. Although you could try to pitch Pikmin 3 to me. I have relatively no idea what to expect.

Pikmin 3 is a strategy game, you control your captain (later you get 2 more that you can switch between or order around separately with the gamepad) who controls up to 100 pikmin that you use to to gather fruit, defeat enemies, etc as you explore the area within an-in game day. The big thing with Pikmin 3 is fruit: more fruit more juice, more juice means more days. Run out of juice and its game over; it's not as strict as it sounds and you can go back to a previous day and start over from there if you make a mistake.
There's also a challenge mode, which is nice.
I'd look up a few videos to get a better idea, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.